Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 64 ]  [ Total: 64 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: The latest re-paint completed Topic Next Topic: Fresh from the paint booth.
Page: of 5

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  10:39:08 AM  Show Profile
I know some of you have seen this photo before (sorry about the repetition), but it's the only caboose photo I have - a situation I plan to rectify very soon.

For those who haven't seen it before, this is an HOn3 tool caboose I scratchbuilt a few years ago. It's lettered for my Osage Valley Tie & Lumber Co.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  10:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Arthur has just turned on the caboose lights as darkness descends over Britannia Creek.

Another great topic. Here is a caboose (guards van) I just completed. I have tried putting a light into it. The pickups need improvement but it functions.

Postscript. The guardsman Arthur is complaining that he is being blinded by the new light in the caboose and it is only on when the train is stationary. When moving he says the blooping thing is off and on more often that his engagement to the widow Martha MacDougall from Warburton. Even the caboose walls look like they might catch fire and Arthur is getting sunburnt at night. If management don't fix it soon then he might take early retirement!

Edited by - bpate on 11/02/2003 02:26:50 AM

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  10:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Arthur has just turned on the caboose lights as darkness descends over Britannia Creek.

Another great topic. Here is a caboose (guards van) I just completed. I have tried putting a light into it. The pickups need improvement but it functions.

Postscript. The guardsman Arthur is complaining that he is being blinded by the new light in the caboose and it is only on when the train is stationary. When moving he says the blooping thing is off and on more often that his engagement to the widow Martha MacDougall from Warburton. Even the caboose walls look like they might catch fire and Arthur is getting sunburnt at night. If management don't fix it soon then he might take early retirement!

Edited by - bpate on 11/02/2003 02:26:50 AM

NVTiny
New Hire

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  12:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NVTiny's Homepage
I don't know if models are excepted, but here is a bash of a largescale bobber, into a 4 axel boose I did a while back. This shows the stock B-mann boose in red, and my DS&RG boose.

Tiny Pearce

NVTiny
New Hire

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  12:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NVTiny's Homepage
I don't know if models are excepted, but here is a bash of a largescale bobber, into a 4 axel boose I did a while back. This shows the stock B-mann boose in red, and my DS&RG boose.

Tiny Pearce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  1:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Here are the six LV cabooses I painted. The Lehigh Valley had a variety of paint schemes and I wanted to have them represented on my layout. All of the cabooses are Proto 2000 northeastern cabooses.

And here is the 7th LV caboose I have. It is the factory painted version.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  1:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Here are the six LV cabooses I painted. The Lehigh Valley had a variety of paint schemes and I wanted to have them represented on my layout. All of the cabooses are Proto 2000 northeastern cabooses.

And here is the 7th LV caboose I have. It is the factory painted version.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  1:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Mike, Barry, Tiny & Chuck,

Nice models, guys! Here is an old Erie wooden caboose on static display in Mahwah, NJ.

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  1:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Mike, Barry, Tiny & Chuck,

Nice models, guys! Here is an old Erie wooden caboose on static display in Mahwah, NJ.

Bruce

railcodger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  3:38:28 PM  Show Profile
The photos are one of the components that makes this forum so great. I love it! Top notch modeling guys and good photography also. Walt sez he's gonna get a bobber - here's a picture of mine......

it looks like I'd better finish spiking the rails one of these days

william

railcodger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  3:38:28 PM  Show Profile
The photos are one of the components that makes this forum so great. I love it! Top notch modeling guys and good photography also. Walt sez he's gonna get a bobber - here's a picture of mine......

it looks like I'd better finish spiking the rails one of these days

william

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  07:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I know that I have shown this model before, but here we go again. I built this as part of a modeling challenge on another forum last spring. It started out as an Athearn Work Caboose kit lettered for the PRR. After stripping the decals and repainting, I added wire grabs and steps, applied NYS&W decals, added new running lights, installed a wooden deck (board by board), and replaced the plastic side boards with wooden ones. After some weathering, this was the result.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  07:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I know that I have shown this model before, but here we go again. I built this as part of a modeling challenge on another forum last spring. It started out as an Athearn Work Caboose kit lettered for the PRR. After stripping the decals and repainting, I added wire grabs and steps, applied NYS&W decals, added new running lights, installed a wooden deck (board by board), and replaced the plastic side boards with wooden ones. After some weathering, this was the result.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  4:36:56 PM  Show Profile
I went through a short stack of pictures and pulled out the following caboosi (cah-boose-sigh). OK, it may not be 'cabeese', but it is what I like to call them. I thought since my pinky is smarting, maybe some of you could identify the where-abouts of their locations. Then, at a later time, I'll do some editing. Anyway, your's truly is waving from the cupola in the first shot. So, tell me what you know!

This picture was taken at the end of the line in Parkdale, Oregon. The caboose belongs to the Mount Hood Railroad based in Hood River, Oregon.

The ATSF caboose below is located in downtown Burlington, Kansas.

The FRISCO caboose below is located on Highway 160 between Springfield and Lamar, Missouri. I am currently looking for the town.

The SEK (South East Kansas) caboose below is located in Pittsburg, Kansas.

The ILLINOIS CENTRAL caboose below is located in Sedalia, Illinois.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 11/08/2003 8:11:46 PM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  4:36:56 PM  Show Profile
I went through a short stack of pictures and pulled out the following caboosi (cah-boose-sigh). OK, it may not be 'cabeese', but it is what I like to call them. I thought since my pinky is smarting, maybe some of you could identify the where-abouts of their locations. Then, at a later time, I'll do some editing. Anyway, your's truly is waving from the cupola in the first shot. So, tell me what you know!

This picture was taken at the end of the line in Parkdale, Oregon. The caboose belongs to the Mount Hood Railroad based in Hood River, Oregon.

The ATSF caboose below is located in downtown Burlington, Kansas.

The FRISCO caboose below is located on Highway 160 between Springfield and Lamar, Missouri. I am currently looking for the town.

The SEK (South East Kansas) caboose below is located in Pittsburg, Kansas.

The ILLINOIS CENTRAL caboose below is located in Sedalia, Illinois.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 11/08/2003 8:11:46 PM

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: The latest re-paint completed Topic Next Topic: Fresh from the paint booth.  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000