Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: November, 2003: Cabeese!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: The latest re-paint completed Topic Next Topic: Fresh from the paint booth.
Page: of 5

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Clankin' couplers, Conductors! November's upon us, and the days are getting shorter and colder! It's time to fire up that stove in the caboose and keep your brakeman warm and happy!

And with that little introduction, we have this month's Gallery theme: Cabooses.

Your photos can be prototype or model and of any scene, but each photo must have a caboose somewhere in it.

As always, please keep your photo file sizes limited to 80kb or smaller @ 72 ppi.

OK.... do I see a warm glow coming from the cupola of that crummy over there?

Arcane
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Here's a start to the new month. A CN caboose gettin ready to head out of town. Perhaps at the end of the run it won't be lookin' so clean...

Len

Arcane
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Here's a start to the new month. A CN caboose gettin ready to head out of town. Perhaps at the end of the run it won't be lookin' so clean...

Len

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  2:37:09 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Arcane

Len

Hi Len
Does this caboose look familiar.
The Alaska Railroad bought 3 of CN's cabeese.
I know that this model is clean as a whistle but it has only been out of the box twice for a picture.
It is an Athabasca Scale models brass caboose that I had painted and decaled for me since it is most accurate for the Alaska Railroad.
It started life as a Pte. St. Charles Caboose kit.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  2:37:09 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Arcane

Len

Hi Len
Does this caboose look familiar.
The Alaska Railroad bought 3 of CN's cabeese.
I know that this model is clean as a whistle but it has only been out of the box twice for a picture.
It is an Athabasca Scale models brass caboose that I had painted and decaled for me since it is most accurate for the Alaska Railroad.
It started life as a Pte. St. Charles Caboose kit.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  2:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Here is another photo of one of the Alaska Railroads former CN cabeese as it passes the station in Anchorage Alaska.
This photo is also posted in my Alaska Vacation thread.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  2:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Here is another photo of one of the Alaska Railroads former CN cabeese as it passes the station in Anchorage Alaska.
This photo is also posted in my Alaska Vacation thread.

John Bagley

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  4:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
CMSTP&P caboose sitting at the West end of Bensenville yard, probably about 1987.

The next four pictures are from two S-Scale trainsets I purchased. I was blown away by the detail! The models are by S-Helper Services. More info here. http://www.showcaseline.com/

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  4:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
CMSTP&P caboose sitting at the West end of Bensenville yard, probably about 1987.

The next four pictures are from two S-Scale trainsets I purchased. I was blown away by the detail! The models are by S-Helper Services. More info here. http://www.showcaseline.com/

DanRaitz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  9:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Now heres a Caboose. I found this relic in DM&IR's Keenan Yard. The year you ask? try July 1998

Dan

Dan, I noticed that a forward slash / was missing from your upload, so I inserted it for you. Hopefully, the photo will display properly now.

Edited by - MikeC on 11/01/2003 12:18:53 AM

DanRaitz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  9:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Now heres a Caboose. I found this relic in DM&IR's Keenan Yard. The year you ask? try July 1998

Dan

Dan, I noticed that a forward slash / was missing from your upload, so I inserted it for you. Hopefully, the photo will display properly now.

Edited by - MikeC on 11/01/2003 12:18:53 AM

railcodger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  11:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Great theme for November, Mike. The photos so far are terrific, keep them coming.

At the National Railroad Museum at Green Bay.

william

railcodger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  11:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Great theme for November, Mike. The photos so far are terrific, keep them coming.

At the National Railroad Museum at Green Bay.

william

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  09:19:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
The Alaska Railroad still uses cabeese on all their freight trains as all the switches are hand thrown.
However every once in a while they retire a caboose and offer it for sale.
This one was purchased by a used car dealer in Anchorage Alaska and is waiting for the right customer to come and purchase it.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  09:19:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
The Alaska Railroad still uses cabeese on all their freight trains as all the switches are hand thrown.
However every once in a while they retire a caboose and offer it for sale.
This one was purchased by a used car dealer in Anchorage Alaska and is waiting for the right customer to come and purchase it.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  10:39:08 AM  Show Profile
I know some of you have seen this photo before (sorry about the repetition), but it's the only caboose photo I have - a situation I plan to rectify very soon.

For those who haven't seen it before, this is an HOn3 tool caboose I scratchbuilt a few years ago. It's lettered for my Osage Valley Tie & Lumber Co.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: The latest re-paint completed Topic Next Topic: Fresh from the paint booth.  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000