Railroad Line Forums - THE GALLERY: September, 2003
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 THE GALLERY: September, 2003
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE! Topic Next Topic: new photo of my track expansion
Page: of 19

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  6:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to "The Gallery" for September. For this month, we will have no particular theme. Post your favorite model or prototype photos here.

Please do not post prototype structure photos in this thread. There is a separate thread for the posting of those

The theme for October's "Gallery" will be "Trestles and Tunnels" and was inspired by a beautiful photo layout in the Fall issue of Classic Trains. This is advance notice for those who might want to prepare a special photo for next month.

Now let's see what you've got for September!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  01:38:03 AM  Show Profile
These pictures were recently taken here in Portlandland. As you may know, the SP #4449 is owned by the City of Portland and the SP&S #700 by its Historical Society.

It is getting hard to find runable track for steam, and the main reason at this point is that liability insurance rates have sharply increased. The running of steam on mainlines will most likely have to be postponed until this issue can be resolved.

Dick Samuels, owner and operator of the OREGON PACIFIC RAILROAD, graciously hosted these excursions on his right-of-way from OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) to Oaks Park (in Sellwood) from June 27th through 29th of this year. His right-of-way interchanges with UP at OMSI and travels Southward to his Milwaukie Yard and vendors. His other line runs between Canby and Molalla, but that's another story (check out SPRINGWATER TRAIL OPENING CELEBRATION under the Photo Forum).

The new SPRINGWATER TRAIL lies adjacent to the OPRR right-of-way from OMSI to Sellwood, and it will provide a route for bicyclists and pedestrians. No track to trail here! The trail (asphalt) runs on the West side of the rails and is separated by a cyclone fence. In contrast, the old EAST PORTLAND TRACTION right-of-way from Sellwood East to Greshem, also know as the SPRINGWATER TRAIL, rests on the path of removed tracks.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  01:38:03 AM  Show Profile
These pictures were recently taken here in Portlandland. As you may know, the SP #4449 is owned by the City of Portland and the SP&S #700 by its Historical Society.

It is getting hard to find runable track for steam, and the main reason at this point is that liability insurance rates have sharply increased. The running of steam on mainlines will most likely have to be postponed until this issue can be resolved.

Dick Samuels, owner and operator of the OREGON PACIFIC RAILROAD, graciously hosted these excursions on his right-of-way from OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) to Oaks Park (in Sellwood) from June 27th through 29th of this year. His right-of-way interchanges with UP at OMSI and travels Southward to his Milwaukie Yard and vendors. His other line runs between Canby and Molalla, but that's another story (check out SPRINGWATER TRAIL OPENING CELEBRATION under the Photo Forum).

The new SPRINGWATER TRAIL lies adjacent to the OPRR right-of-way from OMSI to Sellwood, and it will provide a route for bicyclists and pedestrians. No track to trail here! The trail (asphalt) runs on the West side of the rails and is separated by a cyclone fence. In contrast, the old EAST PORTLAND TRACTION right-of-way from Sellwood East to Greshem, also know as the SPRINGWATER TRAIL, rests on the path of removed tracks.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.

Allen

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

John W
Section Hand

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  02:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Here are a few shots of the excursion train on the Royal Gorge Western.

John W
Section Hand

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  02:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Here are a few shots of the excursion train on the Royal Gorge Western.

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  1:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
Let see if this works.

Last weekend I drove from Kissimmee, FL to Rochelle, Ill to take some pictures with my new digital camera. I know it's a long way, but this ATSF lover wouldn't be satisfied with CSX or Amtrak. I really had other things on my agenda and didn't drive up there just to take train pictures. (That's what I told the Wife anyway!)

With other pressing business, I really didn't get to take too many photos, but what I did get with the new camera really impressed me. It has a ten X zoom and this shot was taken in the "sports" mode. I still need more time with it, but I'm still impressed none the less.

Edited by - Raildog on 09/01/2003 1:50:33 PM

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  1:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
Let see if this works.

Last weekend I drove from Kissimmee, FL to Rochelle, Ill to take some pictures with my new digital camera. I know it's a long way, but this ATSF lover wouldn't be satisfied with CSX or Amtrak. I really had other things on my agenda and didn't drive up there just to take train pictures. (That's what I told the Wife anyway!)

With other pressing business, I really didn't get to take too many photos, but what I did get with the new camera really impressed me. It has a ten X zoom and this shot was taken in the "sports" mode. I still need more time with it, but I'm still impressed none the less.

Edited by - Raildog on 09/01/2003 1:50:33 PM

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  2:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow!
These are some great photos!
John W,
I hope you have some kind of disclaimer pertaining to anyone taking that excursion with vertigo, or a heart condition!
That is some fantastic modeling!

Here's a rare shot of heloper service on Goad Mtn...
2-8-0 #14 pushes hard at the rear of a long freight in theis scene from the 1930's...

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Drew
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  2:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow!
These are some great photos!
John W,
I hope you have some kind of disclaimer pertaining to anyone taking that excursion with vertigo, or a heart condition!
That is some fantastic modeling!

Here's a rare shot of heloper service on Goad Mtn...
2-8-0 #14 pushes hard at the rear of a long freight in theis scene from the 1930's...

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  4:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Here's a pic of the sand tower I completed last week. Working on a fuel rack facility to go with it now.

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  4:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Here's a pic of the sand tower I completed last week. Working on a fuel rack facility to go with it now.

John W
Section Hand

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  8:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Eddie,
The cantilever bridge was based on a ATSF bridge and scratch-built from styrene strips. That way I could get the exact length I wanted.

Thought I would try the "insert a file"" while I'm writing this ti see how this works.

"Break time"

John W
Section Hand

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  8:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Eddie,
The cantilever bridge was based on a ATSF bridge and scratch-built from styrene strips. That way I could get the exact length I wanted.

Thought I would try the "insert a file"" while I'm writing this ti see how this works.

"Break time"

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  1:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
During my recent visit to Illinois, I visited my best friend Jim Drennan at Northwestern Illinois Hobbies. These are a few examples of his custom work. First two are an SD45. Second two are a BNSF SD-40? B unit. Third is just a shot of some things he is working on at the moment.

And a close-up of that UP unit.

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  1:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
During my recent visit to Illinois, I visited my best friend Jim Drennan at Northwestern Illinois Hobbies. These are a few examples of his custom work. First two are an SD45. Second two are a BNSF SD-40? B unit. Third is just a shot of some things he is working on at the moment.

And a close-up of that UP unit.

Raildog
New Hire

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Raildog's Homepage
In the cab of Tennessee Valley Railroad Museums 2-8-0 #610 (ex-Army) approaching Missionary Ridge, just outside Chattanooga, TN.

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE! Topic Next Topic: new photo of my track expansion  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000