Railroad Line Forums - BLI N&W A
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 The Roundhouse
 BLI N&W A
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: SOMETHING FOR billb IN IOWA Topic Next Topic: Lost Engines of Roanoke  

Nigel
Section Hand

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  7:07:30 PM  Show Profile
My BLI A's arrived last week. Took one to the club. INCREDIBLE !!
Nigel F. Misso

DavidB
New Hire

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  06:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Nigel: Got my BLI A yesterday, it was waiting for me at the front door when I got home from work. It is a great train. Looking forward to getting it on the track.

DavidB
New Hire

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  06:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Nigel: Got my BLI A yesterday, it was waiting for me at the front door when I got home from work. It is a great train. Looking forward to getting it on the track.

LuthierTom
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Yup, got one myself a few weeks ago. I'm having a blast with it! It brings back a lot of memories of visiting my grandparents and great-grandmother in southern West Virginia; the N&W main line ran between their houses.

However, since installing a Seuthe smoke unit in my Class A 2-6-6-4 I have been "blowing" front light bulbs whenever I blow the whistle. I *think* I have things sorted out now (insulation problem with the Seuthe unit), but I'd like to be sure before plugging another bulb in: I'd like to check to see what voltage the bulb is seeing using my digital multimeter first. (Note that I am operating using conventional DC using a MRC Tech 4 powerpack.)

What voltage should the forward bulb be seeing (1) in neutral and (2) in forward, and (3) when blowing the whistle? Also, does anyone know the specs for the bulb BLI uses for the headlight?

Thanks!

LT

LuthierTom
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Yup, got one myself a few weeks ago. I'm having a blast with it! It brings back a lot of memories of visiting my grandparents and great-grandmother in southern West Virginia; the N&W main line ran between their houses.

However, since installing a Seuthe smoke unit in my Class A 2-6-6-4 I have been "blowing" front light bulbs whenever I blow the whistle. I *think* I have things sorted out now (insulation problem with the Seuthe unit), but I'd like to be sure before plugging another bulb in: I'd like to check to see what voltage the bulb is seeing using my digital multimeter first. (Note that I am operating using conventional DC using a MRC Tech 4 powerpack.)

What voltage should the forward bulb be seeing (1) in neutral and (2) in forward, and (3) when blowing the whistle? Also, does anyone know the specs for the bulb BLI uses for the headlight?

Thanks!

LT

Previous Topic: SOMETHING FOR billb IN IOWA Topic Next Topic: Lost Engines of Roanoke  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000