Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 126 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  1:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Still having difficulties uploading picture. It will not go into the photo album, so one last try here. (Figure this, went back to photo album and guess what was there). (Mike if you want to do your thing with the pic, feel free).

Finished the final paint/stains. The structure turned out darker than Brett's original pictures on his website, but that is possibly due to my lighting and the ink/alcohol stain. Other that the ink/alcohol stain, I stayed with the manuals instructions. (PS. The building is not glued together, the walls were placed together for photo).

Well, that didn't work either...

Rusty, correcto tape sounds interesting. May try it later on the next building on the window trim.

While at SW website, saw that Brett has announced two new Foss' Landing kits, delivery date to be announced.

Jim

Edited by - ANo10 on 02/03/2003 1:24:36 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Still having difficulties uploading picture. It will not go into the photo album, so one last try here. (Figure this, went back to photo album and guess what was there). (Mike if you want to do your thing with the pic, feel free).

Jim

Well, let's see if this works. (Trying something new with the photos....)

PHOTO BELOW BY ANo10

O-tay! It works.

JIm, your weathering looks very good.

I haven't been to the SW site in a few days. The last thing I saw there was Brett's announcement about buying CHB.

Rusty, I have never tried the correction tape idea. But that sounds like something I'd want to experiment with on scrap siding first.

Harry, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos. How's the new camera working out for you?

I'll try to get back to Foss' Landing tonight. (I'm back at home in the city until the weekend, so maybe I can make some progress over the next few evenings.)

Edited by - MikeC on 02/03/2003 2:40:46 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Jim

Well, let's see if this works. (Trying something new with the photos....)

PHOTO BELOW BY ANo10

O-tay! It works.

JIm, your weathering looks very good.

I haven't been to the SW site in a few days. The last thing I saw there was Brett's announcement about buying CHB.

Rusty, I have never tried the correction tape idea. But that sounds like something I'd want to experiment with on scrap siding first.

Harry, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos. How's the new camera working out for you?

I'll try to get back to Foss' Landing tonight. (I'm back at home in the city until the weekend, so maybe I can make some progress over the next few evenings.)

Edited by - MikeC on 02/03/2003 2:40:46 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Jim your work looks good. The color that you have is very similar to the color I got when I used Brett's method on scrap siding. I thought it was too brown and too dark. This is why I decided to go with the green as I wanted a lighter color.
Also Jim mailed package Saturday not Friday by Priority Mail

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Jim your work looks good. The color that you have is very similar to the color I got when I used Brett's method on scrap siding. I thought it was too brown and too dark. This is why I decided to go with the green as I wanted a lighter color.
Also Jim mailed package Saturday not Friday by Priority Mail

John Bagley

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

Thanks for your work on the picture. I suspect it is my file size. I've reduced it down as far as my photo program will allow and it still doesn't work. I had no problem on the old forum or the Gauge.

John, I am not happy with the color either, however it will motivate me to start experimenting with other colors now and to deviate from Brett's manual. I'm going to leave it this color as a reminder to do just that.
Our packages should cross mid continent. I was tied to well until today. Mailed out this am priority.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

Thanks for your work on the picture. I suspect it is my file size. I've reduced it down as far as my photo program will allow and it still doesn't work. I had no problem on the old forum or the Gauge.

John, I am not happy with the color either, however it will motivate me to start experimenting with other colors now and to deviate from Brett's manual. I'm going to leave it this color as a reminder to do just that.
Our packages should cross mid continent. I was tied to well until today. Mailed out this am priority.

Jim

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Well the walls are finished and it is on to the windows for today. Then it is on to the sign for the Clam & Oyster house. I have only done a limited amount of work with transfer decals and this will be good practice before doing the side of the building with the large decal. I would hate to have a problem with the large decal since this will greatly enhance the building.
Have a great day everyone.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Well the walls are finished and it is on to the windows for today. Then it is on to the sign for the Clam & Oyster house. I have only done a limited amount of work with transfer decals and this will be good practice before doing the side of the building with the large decal. I would hate to have a problem with the large decal since this will greatly enhance the building.
Have a great day everyone.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Guys,

Well, after looking carefully at the wall sections last night, I noticed that most of the nail holes I made with the pounce wheel last week had closed back up after the stain and paint dried. So I went back over them as best as I could with my pin/needle vise. It was very time consuming, but most of it came out all right. And so it's on to the next step....

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Guys,

Well, after looking carefully at the wall sections last night, I noticed that most of the nail holes I made with the pounce wheel last week had closed back up after the stain and paint dried. So I went back over them as best as I could with my pin/needle vise. It was very time consuming, but most of it came out all right. And so it's on to the next step....

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  10:14:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I was staining again last night. Trying to get it just right.

Sorry to hear about having to redo your nail holes Mike, I personally have not used a pounce wheel but considered it with this project, I am happy I didn't. I did find that I was not satisfied with my weathering, so I went back and weathered some more.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  10:14:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I was staining again last night. Trying to get it just right.

Sorry to hear about having to redo your nail holes Mike, I personally have not used a pounce wheel but considered it with this project, I am happy I didn't. I did find that I was not satisfied with my weathering, so I went back and weathered some more.

Harry

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  11:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
2 points
First: I also had to go over my nail holes as the paint had filled them in too much for them to be seen.
Second: I added a 3rd brace to the wall with 3 windows (brace between 2 top windows) as the area between the 2 upper windows wanted to warp when I dyed it.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  11:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
2 points
First: I also had to go over my nail holes as the paint had filled them in too much for them to be seen.
Second: I added a 3rd brace to the wall with 3 windows (brace between 2 top windows) as the area between the 2 upper windows wanted to warp when I dyed it.

John Bagley

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000