Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 79 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  11:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mike
Thanks for the information.
What is the best way to contact the Gazette to see about ordering back issues. I found their address in the reading and research forum but wondered what was the best way to get these back issues.
Thanks again

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  5:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I am back to work on the Launch company. I finished the windows and will soon be assembling the walls.
Paul thanks for the tip on the door knob. I will have to get me some. You will also need one for the lower door on the Clam & Oyster Company.
It feels good to be back modeling.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  5:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I am back to work on the Launch company. I finished the windows and will soon be assembling the walls.
Paul thanks for the tip on the door knob. I will have to get me some. You will also need one for the lower door on the Clam & Oyster Company.
It feels good to be back modeling.

John Bagley

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Paul,

The wife of a friend made me a jewelers apron to use. It is similar to a regular apron, but shorter. I think it comes down to about my hips. The end gets velcroed to the workbench. Any parts that I drop will get caught in the apron. You may look like a fool, but it is better than being on your hands and knees.

Micro-Mark sells one, but it is vinyl and looks like it wouldn't hold up for very long.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Paul,

The wife of a friend made me a jewelers apron to use. It is similar to a regular apron, but shorter. I think it comes down to about my hips. The end gets velcroed to the workbench. Any parts that I drop will get caught in the apron. You may look like a fool, but it is better than being on your hands and knees.

Micro-Mark sells one, but it is vinyl and looks like it wouldn't hold up for very long.

Chuck

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:39:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Mike
What is the best way to contact the Gazette to see about ordering back issues. I found their address in the reading and research forum but wondered what was the best way to get these back issues.
Thanks again

John, write Bob Brown at the Gazette and tell him which issues you want. There is an order form for back issues printed in every issue of the magazine, but that doesn't do you much good if you don't have the magazine to start with.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:39:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Mike
Thanks again

John, write Bob Brown at the Gazette and tell him which issues you want. There is an order form for back issues printed in every issue of the magazine, but that doesn't do you much good if you don't have the magazine to start with.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mike
I may have to make a road trip to a hobby shop about an hour and a half away just to get a copy of the Gazette but in the meantime I will write Bob Brown.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mike
I may have to make a road trip to a hobby shop about an hour and a half away just to get a copy of the Gazette but in the meantime I will write Bob Brown.

John Bagley

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Chuck, thanks for the tip. I’ll see if I can talk my wife into making one.

All,

I glued my walls together & final sign on. I really like this building. The signs & the roofline give it some interest.

Speaking of roofs, I wanted to see what it would look like with the roofs on. So, I jumped ahead & cut out the roofs from the cardboard templates. Having already heard that Brett’s cardboard is “very dense”, I armed myself with an x-acto knife, a new #11 blade, a straight edge & proceeded to cut. I cut out the peaked roof pieces from Template A. No problem & they fit great! Then I cut out the flat roof from Template B. That’s when I ran into a problem. It was too small for the building!! Counting the overhang, it was almost 3/8” to narrow! I had to cut out the missing amount from the Template B, glue & brace it. Have any of the rest of you had this problem? If you have not gotten that far, you might want to measure the building before you cut. Remember to allow extra for the overhang. It might save you the time & trouble of “patching” the roof.

The building really looks great with the roof pieces sitting on it. I have not shingled it yet or glued down the roof. That will have to wait till later. I will go back tonight & finish the freight doors. I am also thinking about working on the Clam & Oyster building some. I need to try to catch up.

Talk more later,
Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 04/08/2003 10:26:01 PM

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Chuck, thanks for the tip. I’ll see if I can talk my wife into making one.

All,

I glued my walls together & final sign on. I really like this building. The signs & the roofline give it some interest.

Speaking of roofs, I wanted to see what it would look like with the roofs on. So, I jumped ahead & cut out the roofs from the cardboard templates. Having already heard that Brett’s cardboard is “very dense”, I armed myself with an x-acto knife, a new #11 blade, a straight edge & proceeded to cut. I cut out the peaked roof pieces from Template A. No problem & they fit great! Then I cut out the flat roof from Template B. That’s when I ran into a problem. It was too small for the building!! Counting the overhang, it was almost 3/8” to narrow! I had to cut out the missing amount from the Template B, glue & brace it. Have any of the rest of you had this problem? If you have not gotten that far, you might want to measure the building before you cut. Remember to allow extra for the overhang. It might save you the time & trouble of “patching” the roof.

The building really looks great with the roof pieces sitting on it. I have not shingled it yet or glued down the roof. That will have to wait till later. I will go back tonight & finish the freight doors. I am also thinking about working on the Clam & Oyster building some. I need to try to catch up.

Talk more later,
Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 04/08/2003 10:26:01 PM

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  8:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the information Paul. I will check before I cut it.

Sadly I have not worked on the launch co in almost a week. I have been waiting for the parts destroyed in my little flood and have been busy preparing for a big wedding in my wife's family this weekend. We will be having a house full of family staying with us for the weekend

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 04/08/2003 8:49:07 PM

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  8:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the information Paul. I will check before I cut it.

Sadly I have not worked on the launch co in almost a week. I have been waiting for the parts destroyed in my little flood and have been busy preparing for a big wedding in my wife's family this weekend. We will be having a house full of family staying with us for the weekend

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 04/08/2003 8:49:07 PM

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  9:10:40 PM  Show Profile
I bought mine when the kit first came out. Brett may have corrected the problem by now. Better safe than sorry. As the saying goes, "measure twice, cut once!"

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  9:10:40 PM  Show Profile
I bought mine when the kit first came out. Brett may have corrected the problem by now. Better safe than sorry. As the saying goes, "measure twice, cut once!"

Paul

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000