Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 87 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, tried to resize and repost these pic's in same post. Got the dreaded red "x's"

jim

Edited by - ANo10 on 04/06/2003 1:38:47 PM

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, tried to resize and repost these pic's in same post. Got the dreaded red "x's"

jim

Edited by - ANo10 on 04/06/2003 1:38:47 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Jim, that's a really neat looking wall! I am truly impressed! The fact that you did it brick-by-brick is incredible! How many hours did that take you?

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Jim, that's a really neat looking wall! I am truly impressed! The fact that you did it brick-by-brick is incredible! How many hours did that take you?

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliment, Mike. Discounting the screwups and the india ink/clay foopah,,,about 20 hours.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliment, Mike. Discounting the screwups and the india ink/clay foopah,,,about 20 hours.

Jim

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  6:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mike
you wrote
John, I got my July 2002 RMC back out last night and looked at that article again. I can see why it inspires you. It's interesting that Bob Bennett's inspiration came from Frary and Hayden's "Thatcher's Inlet" series. That was also a major inspiration for me. I still have those issues of RMC somewhere in my basement.

Back in the 80's (don't remember which year right now) the Gazette ran a 3-part series on another waterfront diorama. The photos in Bob Bennett's "Albion" diorama remind me of the Gazette article. I'll have to see if I can find the issues when I get home.

If you ever find your copy of these articles from the Gazette please let me know what issues they are so that I may try to get back issues if they are still available.
I will also try to get the RMC articles if these issues are available.

Jim
Your wall is outstanding.
All I can say is WOW!!!

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 04/06/2003 6:57:53 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  6:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mike
you wrote
John, I got my July 2002 RMC back out last night and looked at that article again. I can see why it inspires you. It's interesting that Bob Bennett's inspiration came from Frary and Hayden's "Thatcher's Inlet" series. That was also a major inspiration for me. I still have those issues of RMC somewhere in my basement.

Back in the 80's (don't remember which year right now) the Gazette ran a 3-part series on another waterfront diorama. The photos in Bob Bennett's "Albion" diorama remind me of the Gazette article. I'll have to see if I can find the issues when I get home.

If you ever find your copy of these articles from the Gazette please let me know what issues they are so that I may try to get back issues if they are still available.

Jim
Your wall is outstanding.
All I can say is WOW!!!

John Bagley

Edited by - Bbags on 04/06/2003 6:57:53 PM

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  9:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Excellent looking wall Jim. Between yourself and Mike I guess I have my work cut out for me just trying to make mine look 1/2 as good.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  9:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Excellent looking wall Jim. Between yourself and Mike I guess I have my work cut out for me just trying to make mine look 1/2 as good.

Harry

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  01:37:16 AM  Show Profile
I like your wall Jim. I agree, the pressures on. You & Mike have definitely raised the standard.

I finished the signage today. I really like the dry transfer decals. They look great on the structures. It gives them a unique look. I started the windows. I hope to finish them tomorrow night.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  01:37:16 AM  Show Profile
I like your wall Jim. I agree, the pressures on. You & Mike have definitely raised the standard.

I finished the signage today. I really like the dry transfer decals. They look great on the structures. It gives them a unique look. I started the windows. I hope to finish them tomorrow night.

Paul

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  8:27:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Mike
you wrote

John, the articles were what I remembered. (Now why does stuff like that stick with me after 20+ years, but I can't remember what someone - such as my wife - said to me last week? )

Anyway, Al Armitage's "Kemtron Waterfront Diorama" articles appeared in the May/June 87, July/Aug 87, and Sept/Oct 87 issues of the Gazette.

In Part 1, Al described the waterfront scene, including the wharf and the rooming house, cafe, and tobacconist's shop on a diorama he built for Kemtron Models. (The real purpose of the diorama was to photograph and advertise Kemtron's Shay loco.) Part 2 describes the Lodge Hall, and Part 3 describes how he built the Shipfitter's Store. All three articles have photographs and drawings.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  8:27:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi Mike
you wrote

John, the articles were what I remembered. (Now why does stuff like that stick with me after 20+ years, but I can't remember what someone - such as my wife - said to me last week? )

Anyway, Al Armitage's "Kemtron Waterfront Diorama" articles appeared in the May/June 87, July/Aug 87, and Sept/Oct 87 issues of the Gazette.

In Part 1, Al described the waterfront scene, including the wharf and the rooming house, cafe, and tobacconist's shop on a diorama he built for Kemtron Models. (The real purpose of the diorama was to photograph and advertise Kemtron's Shay loco.) Part 2 describes the Lodge Hall, and Part 3 describes how he built the Shipfitter's Store. All three articles have photographs and drawings.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  11:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mike
Thanks for the information.
What is the best way to contact the Gazette to see about ordering back issues. I found their address in the reading and research forum but wondered what was the best way to get these back issues.
Thanks again

John Bagley

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000