Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 65 ]  [ Total: 67 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  10:00:43 AM  Show Profile
I have all the windows framed and installed now. It took me longer than I anticipated, so all I had time left for was finishing the doors. I had hoped to get the walls assembled last night, but that will have to wait for this evening now.

Jim, how's the brick-by-brick "seawall" coming along. I'd like to see a photo or two if you get a chance.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Well I thought I was going to do the windows last evening, until I realized that they were damaged in the dishwasher incident, along with some of my signs. So I sent Brett an e-mail this morning asking if he could send me the damaged pieces. I will most likely be delayed a few days so I think I will go back to working on my base for Foss' Landing.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Well I thought I was going to do the windows last evening, until I realized that they were damaged in the dishwasher incident, along with some of my signs. So I sent Brett an e-mail this morning asking if he could send me the damaged pieces. I will most likely be delayed a few days so I think I will go back to working on my base for Foss' Landing.

Harry

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  1:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Morning Everyone,

I in transition now, moving back to another well. Should have some progress on the seawall by the end of the week.

Harry, I can commensurate with your troubles. This past month my wife's laptop and large computer bellied up, the washer went, and I had a very expensive brake job on my truck. Of course we now have a new computer for the wife. I guess washers are like bookends. Got a new one, but "it doesn't match the dryer" sooo...
Gave the old dryer (still good) to the Salvation Army.
\So what does this have to do with Foss'. It's been slow going on it due to the alligators.

Have a good'un,

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  1:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Morning Everyone,

I in transition now, moving back to another well. Should have some progress on the seawall by the end of the week.

Harry, I can commensurate with your troubles. This past month my wife's laptop and large computer bellied up, the washer went, and I had a very expensive brake job on my truck. Of course we now have a new computer for the wife. I guess washers are like bookends. Got a new one, but "it doesn't match the dryer" sooo...
Gave the old dryer (still good) to the Salvation Army.
\So what does this have to do with Foss'. It's been slow going on it due to the alligators.

Have a good'un,

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  09:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got the Launch Co. walls assembled last night. I noticed a definite curvature (warp) in the middle wall, so I went ahead and braced all of the walls before gluing them together.

It's an interesting looking building, all the more so because of the roof lines. I'll get started on the roof tonight but probably won't get much past applying the shingles. Then I'm leaving for the lake sometime tomorrow morning, so that will do it for Foss' until Monday evening.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  09:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got the Launch Co. walls assembled last night. I noticed a definite curvature (warp) in the middle wall, so I went ahead and braced all of the walls before gluing them together.

It's an interesting looking building, all the more so because of the roof lines. I'll get started on the roof tonight but probably won't get much past applying the shingles. Then I'm leaving for the lake sometime tomorrow morning, so that will do it for Foss' until Monday evening.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, since I am at a standstill on The Launch Co. I started the prep work on the work train. Starting painting the frames, blacken the wire, etc....

I did finish the window frames on the Launch Co last evening.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, since I am at a standstill on The Launch Co. I started the prep work on the work train. Starting painting the frames, blacken the wire, etc....

I did finish the window frames on the Launch Co last evening.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile
I didn't make as much progress last night as I had hoped to. But I did get the roof templates cut out. Be sure to use a new blade! I think Brett uses steel reinforced cardboard for his templates!!! Man, that stuff's hard to cut through... Either that, or I'm just a weak old wimp with no grip...

Anyhoo, I won't be shingling the roofs until Monday when I get back here.

Have a good weekend, guys.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile
I didn't make as much progress last night as I had hoped to. But I did get the roof templates cut out. Be sure to use a new blade! I think Brett uses steel reinforced cardboard for his templates!!! Man, that stuff's hard to cut through... Either that, or I'm just a weak old wimp with no grip...

Anyhoo, I won't be shingling the roofs until Monday when I get back here.

Have a good weekend, guys.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  10:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I have not worked on the Launch Company for 2 days.
Not sure why but I just can not get started again. Need some motivation.
Have any of you had this happen to you?
Since I am new to the hobby this has not happened before and I do not know what the problem is.
I have however worked on my layout design in the interim for I think that it is about time that I stop procrastinating and actually begin building something.
Well I hope to be back with Foss' on Monday as I have to work both Saturday and Sunday.
have a great day everyone.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  10:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I have not worked on the Launch Company for 2 days.
Not sure why but I just can not get started again. Need some motivation.
Have any of you had this happen to you?
Since I am new to the hobby this has not happened before and I do not know what the problem is.
I have however worked on my layout design in the interim for I think that it is about time that I stop procrastinating and actually begin building something.
Well I hope to be back with Foss' on Monday as I have to work both Saturday and Sunday.
have a great day everyone.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  11:23:16 AM  Show Profile
John,

Has happened to most everyone from time to time. I have personally gone for months without woring on my layout. Even John Allen went through times where he didn't work much on his layout.

I try to work on multiple items at the same time so when I get tired of working on one part I work on something else for awhile.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  11:23:16 AM  Show Profile
John,

Has happened to most everyone from time to time. I have personally gone for months without woring on my layout. Even John Allen went through times where he didn't work much on his layout.

I try to work on multiple items at the same time so when I get tired of working on one part I work on something else for awhile.

Harry

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000