Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 78 ]  [ Total: 78 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  06:54:03 AM  Show Profile
I talked to Brett Monday. He said he would be coming out with a new kit in a couple of weeks. It will not be a Foss’ Landing kit but a kit that will fit in with the sawmill/railroad camp & the other kits he has done. Same style, era, etc. He said after this kit he would probably bring out the boat repair structure for Foss’ Landing. It will be similar to Shelby’s but different. It should have a ramp, crane, etc. It will not be as detailed & not board-on-board.

Sometimes his scheduling is delayed. I am just passing on info he told me. He is usually very tight lipped about his kits. He has been stung before. I asked & he said I could pass on this to you.

He is very impressed with this forum. He reads it every couple of weeks on Friday night. He likes it because it is positive & about RR modeling. He says the Foss’ Landing thread is directly responsible for influencing several to buy Foss’ Landing. I believe he said Foss’ is his #1 selling kit!

I mentioned several of us were have problems with justifying a clam & oyster building on our layouts. He suggested, which is the approach I had already decided to take, that Foss’ was an importer of the clams & oysters as well as a supplier for the local fresh water fishermen & water trafic. It gets a railroad car shipment of them once a month. This gives another reason for the RR. It is not hard to believe that affluent sawmill/factory owners, managers & workers would have a taste for them & want them imported. These are interesting thoughts.

I’m probably not telling you anything new. Just letting you know what he said.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  06:54:03 AM  Show Profile
I talked to Brett Monday. He said he would be coming out with a new kit in a couple of weeks. It will not be a Foss’ Landing kit but a kit that will fit in with the sawmill/railroad camp & the other kits he has done. Same style, era, etc. He said after this kit he would probably bring out the boat repair structure for Foss’ Landing. It will be similar to Shelby’s but different. It should have a ramp, crane, etc. It will not be as detailed & not board-on-board.

Sometimes his scheduling is delayed. I am just passing on info he told me. He is usually very tight lipped about his kits. He has been stung before. I asked & he said I could pass on this to you.

He is very impressed with this forum. He reads it every couple of weeks on Friday night. He likes it because it is positive & about RR modeling. He says the Foss’ Landing thread is directly responsible for influencing several to buy Foss’ Landing. I believe he said Foss’ is his #1 selling kit!

I mentioned several of us were have problems with justifying a clam & oyster building on our layouts. He suggested, which is the approach I had already decided to take, that Foss’ was an importer of the clams & oysters as well as a supplier for the local fresh water fishermen & water trafic. It gets a railroad car shipment of them once a month. This gives another reason for the RR. It is not hard to believe that affluent sawmill/factory owners, managers & workers would have a taste for them & want them imported. These are interesting thoughts.

I’m probably not telling you anything new. Just letting you know what he said.

Paul

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  07:23:41 AM  Show Profile
I also have been busy and not done much on my Foss' Launch Co. within the last week. I had to replace the dishwasher this past weekend when it decided to flood party on my basement and damage some of my layout. Thankfully the damage was minimum and I can easily repair it.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  07:23:41 AM  Show Profile
I also have been busy and not done much on my Foss' Launch Co. within the last week. I had to replace the dishwasher this past weekend when it decided to flood party on my basement and damage some of my layout. Thankfully the damage was minimum and I can easily repair it.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

Harry, it sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. (Welcome to my world in that case. )

Paul, thanks for the info. Actually, I was wondering if Brett's next kit would be another in the Deer Creek series. It sounds like that's the deal. I guess I'd better start saving my nickles and pennies again. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post this info in the General Discussion thread. There are some - such as Rusty - who seldom read this thread (because they aren't working on Foss') but they do read the Discussion thread. They might want to know that the next SW kit is due out soon.

We returned from the Lake yesterday afternoon, and I got back to Foss' last night. I got the two round windows installed and the 10 rectangular windows glazed. As I did with the Clam & Oyster building, I "broke" a few "panes" but not too many. In fact, I left most of the windows intact. The last thing I did was get all of the exterior framing cut. So I should be able to get all of the window and door work finished up tonight and possibly even get the walls assembled. I'm really looking forward to seeing this little structure assembled.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

Harry, it sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. (Welcome to my world in that case. )

Paul, thanks for the info. Actually, I was wondering if Brett's next kit would be another in the Deer Creek series. It sounds like that's the deal. I guess I'd better start saving my nickles and pennies again. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post this info in the General Discussion thread. There are some - such as Rusty - who seldom read this thread (because they aren't working on Foss') but they do read the Discussion thread. They might want to know that the next SW kit is due out soon.

We returned from the Lake yesterday afternoon, and I got back to Foss' last night. I got the two round windows installed and the 10 rectangular windows glazed. As I did with the Clam & Oyster building, I "broke" a few "panes" but not too many. In fact, I left most of the windows intact. The last thing I did was get all of the exterior framing cut. So I should be able to get all of the window and door work finished up tonight and possibly even get the walls assembled. I'm really looking forward to seeing this little structure assembled.

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

No problem posting my message to the General Discussion thread. I’ll keep that in mind the next time I post info like that again. I'll post it in both sites.

When you said you "broke" a few "panes", was that by accident or on purpose for “effect” (weathering)?

Harry,
Sorry for your troubles. That’s one of my fears, that one day my structures/layout will be damaged by water/fire. Oh well, if that’s my worse fear, I guess I am in pretty good shape.

Paul

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

No problem posting my message to the General Discussion thread. I’ll keep that in mind the next time I post info like that again. I'll post it in both sites.

When you said you "broke" a few "panes", was that by accident or on purpose for “effect” (weathering)?

Harry,
Sorry for your troubles. That’s one of my fears, that one day my structures/layout will be damaged by water/fire. Oh well, if that’s my worse fear, I guess I am in pretty good shape.

Paul

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by paulbrockatsf

When you said you "broke" a few "panes", was that by accident or on purpose for ?effect? (weathering)?

Paul

It was on purpose, "for effect." My trusty decal scissors can do a pretty good job of creating "broken and/or cracked" windows.

I once tried doing it by throwing scale sized baseballs at the windows but most of them fell short. The few that actually hit the windows just bounced off....

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by paulbrockatsf

When you said you "broke" a few "panes", was that by accident or on purpose for ?effect? (weathering)?

Paul

It was on purpose, "for effect." My trusty decal scissors can do a pretty good job of creating "broken and/or cracked" windows.

I once tried doing it by throwing scale sized baseballs at the windows but most of them fell short. The few that actually hit the windows just bounced off....

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  6:59:20 PM  Show Profile
You know I hadn't thought much about it but this past month has been a real dandy for me. Between the accident, the flooded basement and a few other items that have occured, I'm happy that April is here. Well off I go to work on my windows.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  6:59:20 PM  Show Profile
You know I hadn't thought much about it but this past month has been a real dandy for me. Between the accident, the flooded basement and a few other items that have occured, I'm happy that April is here. Well off I go to work on my windows.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  8:30:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

Like I said earlier today, Harry, it sounds to me like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

And now I'm off to install my windows also.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  8:30:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

Like I said earlier today, Harry, it sounds to me like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

And now I'm off to install my windows also.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  10:00:43 AM  Show Profile
I have all the windows framed and installed now. It took me longer than I anticipated, so all I had time left for was finishing the doors. I had hoped to get the walls assembled last night, but that will have to wait for this evening now.

Jim, how's the brick-by-brick "seawall" coming along. I'd like to see a photo or two if you get a chance.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000