Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 140 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  1:14:06 PM  Show Profile
John,

Hopefully, its a combination of the two. I keep picking the Launch bag up and telling myself I need to get started, then turn around and lay more bricks.

I hope I left enough room for Brett's future Foss' kits. I dropped off the left edge 12 inches (unfinished) then the diorama (16"), then 20 inches (unfinished) on the right side. All are 16 inches deep. Where the 16"x48" add-on butts to the layout island I have an additional 4 inches on the layout until I run into track. Fingers are crossed.

What I'm agonizing over now is the roof. It won't be as easily as the Clam & Oyster roof. I will go with wooden shingles again, but staggered this time. I'll probably build a single roof, then set the other two on it as dormiers.

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  2:53:45 PM  Show Profile
John, your Clam & Oyster photo looks good. You did a really nice job with the structure.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  2:53:45 PM  Show Profile
John, your Clam & Oyster photo looks good. You did a really nice job with the structure.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  5:59:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Thanks for the complements on the structure.
Actually without us working as a group I do not think I would have reached the level that I have. So thanks to all of you.
Here is a front view I also took with the same camera.
The weathered siding and the nail holes do not show up that well in these shots since the camera does not focus that well.
The green color is almost right but the trim looks too white if that is possible.
Since I took this picture I have painted the panels in the upper door with the green wall color.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 03/27/2003 6:02:43 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  5:59:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Thanks for the complements on the structure.
Actually without us working as a group I do not think I would have reached the level that I have. So thanks to all of you.
Here is a front view I also took with the same camera.
The weathered siding and the nail holes do not show up that well in these shots since the camera does not focus that well.
The green color is almost right but the trim looks too white if that is possible.
Since I took this picture I have painted the panels in the upper door with the green wall color.

John Bagley

Edited by - Bbags on 03/27/2003 6:02:43 PM

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  07:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Very nice John, it is interesting all the different looking Clam and Oyster Co's we have between us.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  07:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Very nice John, it is interesting all the different looking Clam and Oyster Co's we have between us.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  09:55:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

I agree, Harry. That's why I think we all should take a photo or two of our completed dioramas (next year??? ) and send them to Brett as well as posting them here. I'd be interested in his reaction to the different approaches and results we got with the same kit.

I got all of the Launch Co. signs finished last night and I'll be ready to start the windows Monday evening when I get back here to the city. (Going you-know-where for the weekend. )

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  09:55:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

I agree, Harry. That's why I think we all should take a photo or two of our completed dioramas (next year??? ) and send them to Brett as well as posting them here. I'd be interested in his reaction to the different approaches and results we got with the same kit.

I got all of the Launch Co. signs finished last night and I'll be ready to start the windows Monday evening when I get back here to the city. (Going you-know-where for the weekend. )

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  10:00:21 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

Thanks Harry
I think one of the big reasons that I like wood models so much is that even though we all start with the same raw materials we can each add our own personal touch. Thus the four of us have come up with distinctively different buildings.
I look forward to seeing how we each treat The Launch Company.
P.S. That is a hint for some pictures.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  10:00:21 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Harry

Thanks Harry
I think one of the big reasons that I like wood models so much is that even though we all start with the same raw materials we can each add our own personal touch. Thus the four of us have come up with distinctively different buildings.
I look forward to seeing how we each treat The Launch Company.
P.S. That is a hint for some pictures.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Paul, have you had much of a chance to get started on Foss' yet? How are you coming along with it?

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Paul, have you had much of a chance to get started on Foss' yet? How are you coming along with it?

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  6:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well work got into my way the last couple of days so I have yet to put the Launch Company together. Hopefully tonight I will finish the windows and then tomorrow I will be ready to glue the sides together.
Have a good day all.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  6:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well work got into my way the last couple of days so I have yet to put the Launch Company together. Hopefully tonight I will finish the windows and then tomorrow I will be ready to glue the sides together.
Have a good day all.

John Bagley

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000