Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 188 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  10:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Paul
You wrote
They also have some great false front retail buildings with tremendous detail. He gives jigs with all of his kits to make assembly easier. Their URL is http://www.crystalriverproducts.com
The false front buildings are very common in the rural Alaska area I am modeling. Do you have any of the kits and if so what do you think of them. I am not familiar with their product.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  10:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Paul
You wrote
They also have some great false front retail buildings with tremendous detail. He gives jigs with all of his kits to make assembly easier. Their URL is http://www.crystalriverproducts.com
The false front buildings are very common in the rural Alaska area I am modeling. Do you have any of the kits and if so what do you think of them. I am not familiar with their product.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  09:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone. Back in the city and back to work on Foss' last night. I got the shingles stained and the most of the stripwood stained. For whatever perverse reason, I decided to use Floquil and Diosol to do the staining. So I had to listen to much tedious complaining about the "stink" all evening from my wife.

I guess I'd better go back to acrylics and washer fluid for any additional staining. The noise from the other side of the room tends to decrease in volume and pitch when I use those materials.

Harry, how are the legs? Still banged up?

Edited by - MikeC on 03/25/2003 09:46:36 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  09:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone. Back in the city and back to work on Foss' last night. I got the shingles stained and the most of the stripwood stained. For whatever perverse reason, I decided to use Floquil and Diosol to do the staining. So I had to listen to much tedious complaining about the "stink" all evening from my wife.

I guess I'd better go back to acrylics and washer fluid for any additional staining. The noise from the other side of the room tends to decrease in volume and pitch when I use those materials.

Harry, how are the legs? Still banged up?

Edited by - MikeC on 03/25/2003 09:46:36 AM

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,

It's amazing how many honey do's that can occur in a little less than a month. I've been trying to catch up on them, so have been remiss in Foss'. Also spring has a will and list of its own.

I did get to play with the digital camera last night and yesterday found a Smartcard reader. As soon as I solve some lighting problems, I'll post up a few shingle pictures. I'm getting some blue interferences to the Clam & Oyster building that has no blue at all. I'm not shooting under fluoresence lights, so will try to track down that problem.

Glad to hear of everyone's progress.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,

It's amazing how many honey do's that can occur in a little less than a month. I've been trying to catch up on them, so have been remiss in Foss'. Also spring has a will and list of its own.

I did get to play with the digital camera last night and yesterday found a Smartcard reader. As soon as I solve some lighting problems, I'll post up a few shingle pictures. I'm getting some blue interferences to the Clam & Oyster building that has no blue at all. I'm not shooting under fluoresence lights, so will try to track down that problem.

Glad to hear of everyone's progress.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  1:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Finally posted up shingle pics to photo album under header "Foss landing". They're a little large to post here.

Thanks

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  1:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Finally posted up shingle pics to photo album under header "Foss landing". They're a little large to post here.

Thanks

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Thanks

Jim

Jim, I resized two of your photos for posting here.

Your shingles look very good - as does the entire structure.

Check Jim's album for other photos of the roof and building.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Thanks

Jim

Jim, I resized two of your photos for posting here.

Your shingles look very good - as does the entire structure.

Check Jim's album for other photos of the roof and building.

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  5:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mike

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  5:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mike

aartwmich
New Hire

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  5:54:37 PM  Show Profile
WOW SUCH nice stuff!! You guys amaze me. Thanks for posting the pics. Harry, I hope you're feelin better.

Haven't had much time to browse the forums let alone model anything, gettin ready for the big vacation to europe to see my daughter and the upcoming gardening season.

Modeling vicariously thru the masters...lol

ima tomboygirlforever

Edited by - aartwmich on 03/25/2003 5:55:41 PM

aartwmich
New Hire

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  5:54:37 PM  Show Profile
WOW SUCH nice stuff!! You guys amaze me. Thanks for posting the pics. Harry, I hope you're feelin better.

Haven't had much time to browse the forums let alone model anything, gettin ready for the big vacation to europe to see my daughter and the upcoming gardening season.

Modeling vicariously thru the masters...lol

ima tomboygirlforever

Edited by - aartwmich on 03/25/2003 5:55:41 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  7:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
First: Jim your roof looks terrific. Great job on the shingles.
Second: On the instructions for the Launch Company. Page 34 step # 2.
Tugs & Barges sign,
it says cut 4 pieces of .020 x 3/32 x 6" long stripwood from bag #1: 2 7/8" long.
That length is longer than the side the sign is to be attached to.
I think it should read 1 7/8" long which is the length I used and it works well.
Mike for your directions I am not sure of the page number but I think the step should read the same.

John Bagley

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000