Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  6:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
WOW MIKE! that is one nice looking roof! What can you tell me about it? (Did you do it to SW instructions, or did you stray away from them? Are those the included shingles, or another brand? Coloring/weathering?) THANKS!
JIMMY

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  6:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
WOW MIKE! that is one nice looking roof! What can you tell me about it? (Did you do it to SW instructions, or did you stray away from them? Are those the included shingles, or another brand? Coloring/weathering?) THANKS!
JIMMY

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  7:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

That is one good looking roof. I like it better than the pictured roof in the instructions. Colors make it even more impressive. Neat idea with the #11 blade.

I tried to stagger the leading edge of the shingles, but being anal retentive, had to place them in a straight line. I like yours better than mine.
Next roof gets staggered.
Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  7:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

That is one good looking roof. I like it better than the pictured roof in the instructions. Colors make it even more impressive. Neat idea with the #11 blade.

I tried to stagger the leading edge of the shingles, but being anal retentive, had to place them in a straight line. I like yours better than mine.
Next roof gets staggered.
Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIMMY

Thanks, guys.

Jimmy, go to page 14 of this thread. Scroll down about 2/3's of the page. I described how I colored and attached the shingles. In general, the method was the same as what was recommended in the manual, but I tossed in a couple of changes.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIMMY

Thanks, guys.

Jimmy, go to page 14 of this thread. Scroll down about 2/3's of the page. I described how I colored and attached the shingles. In general, the method was the same as what was recommended in the manual, but I tossed in a couple of changes.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  07:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Well ok I finally took photo's of my roof, so here they are:

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  07:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Well ok I finally took photo's of my roof, so here they are:

Harry

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  08:08:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Harry
The roof looks outstanding and also a very nice job on the building itself. I do think that Brett's shingles are the best I have ever seen. I really like the staggered look. I also see that you have finished the wharf.
I still have to finish the chimney and then I am ready to start the "Foss Launch Company" today.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  08:08:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Harry
The roof looks outstanding and also a very nice job on the building itself. I do think that Brett's shingles are the best I have ever seen. I really like the staggered look. I also see that you have finished the wharf.
I still have to finish the chimney and then I am ready to start the "Foss Launch Company" today.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
You did a really nice job with the shingles, Harry. And the whole structure looks really good, too.

We're driving back to the city later this morning, so I'll be back to working on Foss' this evening. After seeing Harry's structure with the roofs and chimneys mounted, I'm really looking forward to getting back to it.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
You did a really nice job with the shingles, Harry. And the whole structure looks really good, too.

We're driving back to the city later this morning, so I'll be back to working on Foss' this evening. After seeing Harry's structure with the roofs and chimneys mounted, I'm really looking forward to getting back to it.

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  09:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Harry,

Excellent roof, I like the colors. The structure looks great. Staggered shingles are better.

I'm having a little confusion on the instructions for the trim for the wharf. I understand the size and placement of the first trim, but am uncertain as to how the second trim is placed. Read and reread the instructions but it is still a little ambiguous.
Anyone else have a problem?

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  09:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Harry,

Excellent roof, I like the colors. The structure looks great. Staggered shingles are better.

I'm having a little confusion on the instructions for the trim for the wharf. I understand the size and placement of the first trim, but am uncertain as to how the second trim is placed. Read and reread the instructions but it is still a little ambiguous.
Anyone else have a problem?

Jim

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  09:31:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jim
I agree the instructions are a little confusing.
From looking at the picture and from my general knowledge of wharfs what I did was indent the lower trim so that it sets back to the inside edge of the first trim that was placed on the model. I know my explanation is confusing.
I used the photo on page 25 as a guide to see how to the lower trim looked.
The pieces of lower trim fit very well and I then glued in the braces between the lower trim.
Hope this helps.

John Bagley

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000