Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: Patrick Loves Steam ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  2:32:00 PM  Show Profile
John,
Thanks for the photo & info. I went to Jimís photo album and his modeling is very impressive.

Jim,
I like what youíre doing with your layout. The pics of the west end of your layout is the look Iím after on some modules I am building. You structures & scenery are great.

Paul

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  4:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
Hello you Foss' builders. Are any of you taking pictures as you go along? I would love to see them as the project progresses. If not posted here, then on a free web hosting site like www.webshots.com.
JIMMY

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  4:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
Hello you Foss' builders. Are any of you taking pictures as you go along? I would love to see them as the project progresses. If not posted here, then on a free web hosting site like www.webshots.com.
JIMMY

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  9:04:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIMMY

Jimmy, some of us have progress photos posted on earlier pages in this thread. You might want to skim back through the entire thread to see them.

I brought the shingled roofs with me (I'm away from home for the weekend), and I hope to post a couple of photos sometime in the next day or two.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  9:04:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIMMY

Jimmy, some of us have progress photos posted on earlier pages in this thread. You might want to skim back through the entire thread to see them.

I brought the shingled roofs with me (I'm away from home for the weekend), and I hope to post a couple of photos sometime in the next day or two.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  9:41:36 PM  Show Profile
As soon as I take all the vacation photo's off the camera, I'll also snap a few photo's and post them.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  9:41:36 PM  Show Profile
As soon as I take all the vacation photo's off the camera, I'll also snap a few photo's and post them.

Harry

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  11:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Guys,

Bear with me. My eight year old digital layed down and died finally. The digital camera my wife picked up on ebay works great and takes good pic's has a 64 bit pc card and an ac/dc power supply, but no pc card reader. Hobbs, NM doesn't have one either. I'm backing up on the ole trusty 35mm. Next week, it's time to bite the bullet and get exactly the digital I want. So, I will post up pics then.

John thanks for the post up. That was my first attempt at shingling and is O scale. The shingles on Foss' are more to scale and I am more pleased with them.

Paul, thanks for the compliment on the layout. I only get to work on it 3-5 days a month. That's why I switched to the diorama approach and can build complete scenes at work. Still a lot of blue foam on the layout to cover with more scenery.

As stated above, I have half of one side of a roof left to finish, Then the freight doors. I'll probably start on the diorama base next.

Have a good day,

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  11:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Guys,

Bear with me. My eight year old digital layed down and died finally. The digital camera my wife picked up on ebay works great and takes good pic's has a 64 bit pc card and an ac/dc power supply, but no pc card reader. Hobbs, NM doesn't have one either. I'm backing up on the ole trusty 35mm. Next week, it's time to bite the bullet and get exactly the digital I want. So, I will post up pics then.

John thanks for the post up. That was my first attempt at shingling and is O scale. The shingles on Foss' are more to scale and I am more pleased with them.

Paul, thanks for the compliment on the layout. I only get to work on it 3-5 days a month. That's why I switched to the diorama approach and can build complete scenes at work. Still a lot of blue foam on the layout to cover with more scenery.

As stated above, I have half of one side of a roof left to finish, Then the freight doors. I'll probably start on the diorama base next.

Have a good day,

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Hey Guys,

The digital camera my wife picked up on ebay works great and takes good pic's has a 64 bit pc card and an ac/dc power supply, but no pc card reader.
Jim

Jim, a couple of questions about your eBay digital... does it save the images to an actual pc card (about the size of a credit card), or something smaller (such as a CompactFlash card or Smart Media card)? If it's a PC card, MacMall/PCMall should still have PC card readers in stock. They connect directly to the computer. If it's one of the others, you should be able to get a card reader at Best Buy for around $29.

Also, most of the digital cameras out in the last two years can be connected directly to a computer via USB cable. The older ones usually could be connected via USB or serial or parallel cable.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Hey Guys,

The digital camera my wife picked up on ebay works great and takes good pic's has a 64 bit pc card and an ac/dc power supply, but no pc card reader.
Jim

Jim, a couple of questions about your eBay digital... does it save the images to an actual pc card (about the size of a credit card), or something smaller (such as a CompactFlash card or Smart Media card)? If it's a PC card, MacMall/PCMall should still have PC card readers in stock. They connect directly to the computer. If it's one of the others, you should be able to get a card reader at Best Buy for around $29.

Also, most of the digital cameras out in the last two years can be connected directly to a computer via USB cable. The older ones usually could be connected via USB or serial or parallel cable.

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Mike,

The camera from ebay has a pc card smaller than the SanDisk Compactflash Card for my other camera. There is no USB port on the camera to connect that way. My older digital had a serial port which connects direct to the computer.

I have six different computer stores in Midland that I am sure I will find what I need. However, Eastern New Mexico is way behind on computer hardware, choices are Wal-Mart or Staples.

I have about five days left on this well and will be back in the "land of the big PX".

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Mike,

The camera from ebay has a pc card smaller than the SanDisk Compactflash Card for my other camera. There is no USB port on the camera to connect that way. My older digital had a serial port which connects direct to the computer.

I have six different computer stores in Midland that I am sure I will find what I need. However, Eastern New Mexico is way behind on computer hardware, choices are Wal-Mart or Staples.

I have about five days left on this well and will be back in the "land of the big PX".

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  6:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Here are two photos of the roofing for the Clam & Oyster building. I don't know how well these will show up because the photos were taken in afternoon sunlight. They appear a little harsh on my old laptop's screen. But anyway....

After the glue had dried, I took the point of a #11 blade and lifted a few shingles up to give the appearance of curled/warped pieces.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  6:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Here are two photos of the roofing for the Clam & Oyster building. I don't know how well these will show up because the photos were taken in afternoon sunlight. They appear a little harsh on my old laptop's screen. But anyway....

After the glue had dried, I took the point of a #11 blade and lifted a few shingles up to give the appearance of curled/warped pieces.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000