Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/06/2003 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Yes I did John. They were ok, they are better than some I have recieved in the past but still not up to Brett's or some others. But I like the variety they have and am willing to do a little work to make them look nice.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/06/2003 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Yes I did John. They were ok, they are better than some I have recieved in the past but still not up to Brett's or some others. But I like the variety they have and am willing to do a little work to make them look nice.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2003 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi, guys,

It sounds like you all are beginning to pull away. I've got some catching up to do. I hope to get back to Foss' later today.

I worked all last evening on the flat car frame for Rusty. I patterned it after Brett's work train car frames, except mine is almost 6 scale feet longer and almost 2 scale feet wider. All I have left to do is test fit some unmounted trucks and couplers I have at the lake this weekend and add the NBW's.

So hopefully it's back to Foss' Landing later today.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2003 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi, guys,

It sounds like you all are beginning to pull away. I've got some catching up to do. I hope to get back to Foss' later today.

I worked all last evening on the flat car frame for Rusty. I patterned it after Brett's work train car frames, except mine is almost 6 scale feet longer and almost 2 scale feet wider. All I have left to do is test fit some unmounted trucks and couplers I have at the lake this weekend and add the NBW's.

So hopefully it's back to Foss' Landing later today.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  08:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Mike, you will easily catch up to me since I am on vacation now and until next Thursday. So no working on Foss' Landing for me.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  08:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Mike, you will easily catch up to me since I am on vacation now and until next Thursday. So no working on Foss' Landing for me.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  09:31:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

Well, have a good time, Harry. Of course, when you're retired life is one big vacation. Every day is a Saturday morning in June.

I finished the flat car frame for Rusty yesterday afternoon and photographed it. The photos are posted in the General Discussion thread for anyone who's interested.

Last night I got back to Foss' Landing. I mounted the second story landing/deck and got the stair stringers and treads finished. By the time I got the stairs mounted to the deck, it was time to quit for the evening. But I feel like I made good progress.

I have never used a method quite like the one called for to construct stairs. Brett's template and the laser-cut stringers made the whole process a lot easier than other methods I have tried.

Headed for the Lake later today. Monday evening we're having a birthday party for my wife and one of my daughters, so I may not get back to work on Foss' until Tuesday. But I'm hoping to have a clear burst of work time on it for the rest of the week.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  09:31:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

Well, have a good time, Harry. Of course, when you're retired life is one big vacation. Every day is a Saturday morning in June.

I finished the flat car frame for Rusty yesterday afternoon and photographed it. The photos are posted in the General Discussion thread for anyone who's interested.

Last night I got back to Foss' Landing. I mounted the second story landing/deck and got the stair stringers and treads finished. By the time I got the stairs mounted to the deck, it was time to quit for the evening. But I feel like I made good progress.

I have never used a method quite like the one called for to construct stairs. Brett's template and the laser-cut stringers made the whole process a lot easier than other methods I have tried.

Headed for the Lake later today. Monday evening we're having a birthday party for my wife and one of my daughters, so I may not get back to work on Foss' until Tuesday. But I'm hoping to have a clear burst of work time on it for the rest of the week.

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  10:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, I finally got back on track. I'm still shingling the roof. Got the stairs and upstairs landing complete and one of the roofs on.

My wife found a "package deal" on ebay, a laptop, digital camera, and videocam. Should be in at the beginning of the week. Point being, even though it isn't the type or brand of digital camera I want, I'll be able to use it as an interim camera to post up pics next week, as my old digital bit the dust.

Mike, thanks for the double sided sticky tape tip. It worked great.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  10:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, I finally got back on track. I'm still shingling the roof. Got the stairs and upstairs landing complete and one of the roofs on.

My wife found a "package deal" on ebay, a laptop, digital camera, and videocam. Should be in at the beginning of the week. Point being, even though it isn't the type or brand of digital camera I want, I'll be able to use it as an interim camera to post up pics next week, as my old digital bit the dust.

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Jim

Jim, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos next week.

Tossing out an idea here... what do all of you guys think about photographing our Foss' dioramas when we are all finished and sending our pics to Brett for his online "Gallery?" I think it would be kind of neat given the fact that we will have done it as a group project, yet each finished diorama will have its own unique characteristics.

Edited by - MikeC on 03/07/2003 10:48:00 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

Jim

Jim, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos next week.

Tossing out an idea here... what do all of you guys think about photographing our Foss' dioramas when we are all finished and sending our pics to Brett for his online "Gallery?" I think it would be kind of neat given the fact that we will have done it as a group project, yet each finished diorama will have its own unique characteristics.

Edited by - MikeC on 03/07/2003 10:48:00 AM

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  11:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Think that would be a fine idea.

Also, we might make note of the few discrepancies, that John in particular, found in the manual.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  11:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Think that would be a fine idea.

Also, we might make note of the few discrepancies, that John in particular, found in the manual.

Jim

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2003 :  12:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
Yes I think we should definitely all take pictures. I should have a digital camera in a couple or 3 weeks as the tax refund should be here.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000