Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 103 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  4:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Looks very good Mike. I like how your siding and windows turned out. I also like your nail hole detail. The one thing I don't like about mine is the nail hole detail is not as crisp as I would like.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  4:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Looks very good Mike. I like how your siding and windows turned out. I also like your nail hole detail. The one thing I don't like about mine is the nail hole detail is not as crisp as I would like.

Harry

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  6:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
Brett owes you guys a commission for selling a Foss' kit! After reading most of the threads in this topic, I went over to the web site & ordered one! There are a lot of great tips in here, & it sounds like a great kit. Thanks, & I'll keep you posted! Please feel free to email me directly any hints/suggestion that you didn't see here.
JIM

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  6:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage
Brett owes you guys a commission for selling a Foss' kit! After reading most of the threads in this topic, I went over to the web site & ordered one! There are a lot of great tips in here, & it sounds like a great kit. Thanks, & I'll keep you posted! Please feel free to email me directly any hints/suggestion that you didn't see here.
JIM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIM

Welcome aboard, Jimmy!

Now, if you work real hard for about three days, you should be pretty well caught up with the rest of us...

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jimmydeignan

JIM

Welcome aboard, Jimmy!

Now, if you work real hard for about three days, you should be pretty well caught up with the rest of us...

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:26:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

Hey, Harry, thanks.

I don't recall if I posted this when I/we were doing wall prep, but I wound up going back over all of my nailholes with the "headless" T-pin. I wasn't happy with what I thought were the "final" results either. I think these look a little better.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:26:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Harry

Hey, Harry, thanks.

I don't recall if I posted this when I/we were doing wall prep, but I wound up going back over all of my nailholes with the "headless" T-pin. I wasn't happy with what I thought were the "final" results either. I think these look a little better.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Mike wrote
John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.
Thanks, the elusive door has finally been seen.

Your door does look great.
Almost like the frame is green and the door panels are left more of an earth color.
Also great shadow lines.
I made mine all white which made it difficult to see the separation between the door trim and the door panels.
Fortunately this can be fixed so I will give it another chance for yours has the look I was trying to get but not succeeding.
Also the rest of the structure is very impressive.
I guess I am the only one using the Coke sign.
Jim welcome to this rowdy bunch of modelers who have had a lot of fun doing this project.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Mike wrote
John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.
Thanks, the elusive door has finally been seen.

Your door does look great.
Almost like the frame is green and the door panels are left more of an earth color.
Also great shadow lines.
I made mine all white which made it difficult to see the separation between the door trim and the door panels.
Fortunately this can be fixed so I will give it another chance for yours has the look I was trying to get but not succeeding.
Also the rest of the structure is very impressive.
Jim welcome to this rowdy bunch of modelers who have had a lot of fun doing this project.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile
I will also be using the coke sign, but didn't want it or the no trespassing sign to acidently get damaged in the gluing operation.

Mike, I did read about you using a t-pin. But when I first did them they stood out better, as time has gone by they have slowly faded.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile
I will also be using the coke sign, but didn't want it or the no trespassing sign to acidently get damaged in the gluing operation.

Mike, I did read about you using a t-pin. But when I first did them they stood out better, as time has gone by they have slowly faded.

Harry

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Mike and Harry, Looks great. Great photos.

I can see we all are going to have different colors. I'm still waiting on the decals from Brett. I didn't bring the kit as I am just covering the top of this well (2-3 days) and didn't want to lose or break anything. I'll pick it up this weekend and try to catch up.

Welcome Jim and Brock to the "Foss's Folk".

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Mike and Harry, Looks great. Great photos.

I can see we all are going to have different colors. I'm still waiting on the decals from Brett. I didn't bring the kit as I am just covering the top of this well (2-3 days) and didn't want to lose or break anything. I'll pick it up this weekend and try to catch up.

Welcome Jim and Brock to the "Foss's Folk".

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  10:04:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

quote:
Originally posted by Harry

I'm really torn about using the Coke sign and the Coke machine. Historically, neither fit with my period (or geography, for that matter). If I use them, I'll have to do some serious "time shifting" of at least 15 years for the whole layout. Sometimes, though, I think that's not a bad idea. It would allow me to use a whole bunch of detail parts that I can't/shouldn't use otherwise. I think I may have to give the whole issue some serious thought... perhaps revise my time frame....

Or else just look the other way and pretend that everything is chronologically A-OK.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000