Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Ok now let me get this staight Mike,

Foss' Landing 1 year +/-
Railroad Camp 1.5 yrs
Twin Mills 3 yrs
Backwoods Train 1 yr

Heck you are set for over 6 years of modeling. And my wife complains about me.

Harry

Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished. Oh well, like they say, it's the journey, not the destination...

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Ok now let me get this staight Mike,

Foss' Landing 1 year +/-
Railroad Camp 1.5 yrs
Twin Mills 3 yrs
Backwoods Train 1 yr

Heck you are set for over 6 years of modeling. And my wife complains about me.

Harry

Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished. Oh well, like they say, it's the journey, not the destination...

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  10:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all
I worked on the landing for the second floor door today. Looks fine to me. I will have to decide whether to go with the original metal door casting or the one I scratch built. I have been working on the metal one to see if I can make it look satisfactory to me.
I am happy with the crossbuck metal doors which is great and will save time not having to scratch build them.
Mike wrote
Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished
Whoa Mike!!! You do not have our permission to go anywhere anytime soon as there is too much unfinished business to take care of.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  10:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all
I worked on the landing for the second floor door today. Looks fine to me. I will have to decide whether to go with the original metal door casting or the one I scratch built. I have been working on the metal one to see if I can make it look satisfactory to me.
I am happy with the crossbuck metal doors which is great and will save time not having to scratch build them.
Mike wrote
Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished
Whoa Mike!!! You do not have our permission to go anywhere anytime soon as there is too much unfinished business to take care of.

John Bagley

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  07:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning guys,

Well I finished glueing up the walls and started the overhang last evening. I also looked at the landing for the second floor but didn't start it yet. I am still not sure what I am going to do about the doors, I kind of like the way the cross buck doors turned out and am not sure about the second floor door yet. I ordered hinges and a few other detail items last week so I may just build a new door.

Gee Mike would you like a dependant to leave all your fine kits to?

Harry

BTW I too have an AARP membership, although I'm not quite retired yet, but the wife is.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  07:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning guys,

Well I finished glueing up the walls and started the overhang last evening. I also looked at the landing for the second floor but didn't start it yet. I am still not sure what I am going to do about the doors, I kind of like the way the cross buck doors turned out and am not sure about the second floor door yet. I ordered hinges and a few other detail items last week so I may just build a new door.

Gee Mike would you like a dependant to leave all your fine kits to?

Harry

BTW I too have an AARP membership, although I'm not quite retired yet, but the wife is.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. But I looked at my "to do" shelf in the basement, and I've got quite a stack of boxes/kits waiting on me.

I spent a few minutes last night molding a door knob and plate from Sculptamold. The knob is close to being out of scale, but I was reaching the point where it was so small that I couldn't "work" the clay. So I made do. After painting it, I thought it didn't look too bad. But hinges were out of the question.

I got the four walls of the two-story portion assembled and am pleased with how it looks so far.

I'm really looking forward to getting the whole structure finished so I can place it on the diorama base and see how it will look with the stone wall, etc.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. But I looked at my "to do" shelf in the basement, and I've got quite a stack of boxes/kits waiting on me.

I spent a few minutes last night molding a door knob and plate from Sculptamold. The knob is close to being out of scale, but I was reaching the point where it was so small that I couldn't "work" the clay. So I made do. After painting it, I thought it didn't look too bad. But hinges were out of the question.

I got the four walls of the two-story portion assembled and am pleased with how it looks so far.

I'm really looking forward to getting the whole structure finished so I can place it on the diorama base and see how it will look with the stone wall, etc.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I finally got around to taking a few photo's of my Foss' Landing project so far. Here they are:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I am still learning how to use this great digital camera I have.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I finally got around to taking a few photo's of my Foss' Landing project so far. Here they are:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I am still learning how to use this great digital camera I have.

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Looking good, Harry.

I posted a longer reply when I saw your photos in the other discussion thread earlier.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Looking good, Harry.

I posted a longer reply when I saw your photos in the other discussion thread earlier.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  10:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Harry
Looking good. Keep up the good work.
I was hoping to see a picture of that second story door that seems to be a cause for concern for a few of us. I still have not decided which door I like better.
I either need my tax return to come so I can get a digital camera or a sunny dry day to take pictures outside with my 35mm so I can post some pictures.

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is my Clam "shell"

I just used ordinary lighting instead of the layout lighting for these. As a result, the siding appears darker and more weathered than it actually is. It's really a faded whitewash over weathered gray. And likewise for the trim. It's supposed to be dark green, but not as dark as it appears in these photos.

John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is my Clam "shell"

I just used ordinary lighting instead of the layout lighting for these. As a result, the siding appears darker and more weathered than it actually is. It's really a faded whitewash over weathered gray. And likewise for the trim. It's supposed to be dark green, but not as dark as it appears in these photos.

John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000