Railroad Line Forums - Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Classroom
 Foss' Landing Construction "Project"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light
Page: of 116

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys, Well made it back late last night to the great snowed in East Coast. I worked on my Foss' Landing Sign last evening. It turned out exactly the way I wanted it.

I have not done any of my windows yet, I figure I may work on them tonight. I think I will also do all of Brett's different techniques on the windows.

Mike, your wall came out great, I like the stone detail.

Anyone heard or talked to Brett in the last few days, I sent him an e-mail last Tuesday and didn't receive a response. I'm not sure if it went through ok, I'll try calling him later today.

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 02/18/2003 10:13:40 AM

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys, Well made it back late last night to the great snowed in East Coast. I worked on my Foss' Landing Sign last evening. It turned out exactly the way I wanted it.

I have not done any of my windows yet, I figure I may work on them tonight. I think I will also do all of Brett's different techniques on the windows.

Mike, your wall came out great, I like the stone detail.

Anyone heard or talked to Brett in the last few days, I sent him an e-mail last Tuesday and didn't receive a response. I'm not sure if it went through ok, I'll try calling him later today.

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 02/18/2003 10:13:40 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile
I got the sign finished up yesterday afternoon. I weathered the X-braced doors (the metal castings) last night, but I'm not happy with the way they came out, so I'm going to undo the weathering and start over later today.

Thanks, Harry. Glad to see you're back.

I haven't had any contact with Brett since he sent me an email a couple of weeks ago about the "Frequent Buyer" program. Maybe one of the other guys has heard from him.

Edited by - MikeC on 02/18/2003 10:47:57 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile
I got the sign finished up yesterday afternoon. I weathered the X-braced doors (the metal castings) last night, but I'm not happy with the way they came out, so I'm going to undo the weathering and start over later today.

Thanks, Harry. Glad to see you're back.

I haven't had any contact with Brett since he sent me an email a couple of weeks ago about the "Frequent Buyer" program. Maybe one of the other guys has heard from him.

Edited by - MikeC on 02/18/2003 10:47:57 AM

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  7:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Mike, I had the same problem with the metal doors using the recommended paints. After placing the doors in the walls, they just stood out too much. The wooden door works okay.

Harry, welcome back.

I had sent an e-mail and received an answer from Brett last week. He said he would ship my next kit Thursday or Friday. It came today, so I am assuming he must be there.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  7:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Mike, I had the same problem with the metal doors using the recommended paints. After placing the doors in the walls, they just stood out too much. The wooden door works okay.

Harry, welcome back.

I had sent an e-mail and received an answer from Brett last week. He said he would ship my next kit Thursday or Friday. It came today, so I am assuming he must be there.

Jim

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Guys, I didn't get a response to my e-mail but I did see he charged my Credit card for the Railroad Camp I asked him to ship so I expect I'll be seeing it on my doorstep in the next few days. Next will be the Backwoods cars.

Harry

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Guys, I didn't get a response to my e-mail but I did see he charged my Credit card for the Railroad Camp I asked him to ship so I expect I'll be seeing it on my doorstep in the next few days. Next will be the Backwoods cars.

Harry

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  9:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Harry.
I guess we will all know what you will be modeling for the next 2 to 3 years. Sounds like fun.
Just think if Brett comes out with the 2 new structures for Foss' you could increase your sentence to 3 to 5

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  9:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Harry.
I guess we will all know what you will be modeling for the next 2 to 3 years. Sounds like fun.
Just think if Brett comes out with the 2 new structures for Foss' you could increase your sentence to 3 to 5

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I now have a building where I used to have just walls. Things went smooth when I glued the walls together.
I wanted to take pictures with my 35 mm outside on my deck with natural sunlight but mother nature has taken that option off the table. 2 feet of snow on the deck and have not seen the sun for days. Soon I hope.
Question on the wharf door. Did any of you put hinges and a doorknob on the door. The picture in the instructions shows these.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Well I now have a building where I used to have just walls. Things went smooth when I glued the walls together.
I wanted to take pictures with my 35 mm outside on my deck with natural sunlight but mother nature has taken that option off the table. 2 feet of snow on the deck and have not seen the sun for days. Soon I hope.
Question on the wharf door. Did any of you put hinges and a doorknob on the door. The picture in the instructions shows these.

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Shelby's Marine Service was mentioned a couple of pages ago. There is now one up for bid on eBay. This was recently listed so do not let the current price fool you. This kit will sell for much more.
If you bought it from Brett in 1998 it would have cost you $230.
This kit shares the same structure that we are currently building.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11646&item=3116330596&rd=1

John Bagley

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Shelby's Marine Service was mentioned a couple of pages ago. There is now one up for bid on eBay. This was recently listed so do not let the current price fool you. This kit will sell for much more.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11646&item=3116330596&rd=1

John Bagley

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  09:52:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Hi all

I wonder if the seller knows what he has there! I noticed the opening price was just $9.95! I have no doubt it will go for far more than the current bid of $81.

I also noticed the box is still sealed in shrinkwrap.

I would probably register and bid, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford to shell out what this will probably wind up selling for.

Prediction: winning bid will be at least $350.

Page: of 116 Previous Topic: On30 Turnout Kitbash Topic Next Topic: Making a LED Street Light  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000