Railroad Line Forums - Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie
Page: of 48

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  11:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi, John. Welcome to RR-L! We've got a diverse but very talented group of modelers here. I hope you'll join in on the discussions.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  11:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi, John. Welcome to RR-L! We've got a diverse but very talented group of modelers here. I hope you'll join in on the discussions.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles and John. I look forward to more of your posts and progress reports of your layouts.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles and John. I look forward to more of your posts and progress reports of your layouts.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome all who have joined recently and taken the time to fill out this small questionnaire.
Please join in the forums with questions, discussion topics or just plain information that you have to share.
Again welcome to our group.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome all who have joined recently and taken the time to fill out this small questionnaire.
Please join in the forums with questions, discussion topics or just plain information that you have to share.
Again welcome to our group.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:22:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome John,

Quite a few members have an interest in logging & mining, so I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:22:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome John,

Quite a few members have an interest in logging & mining, so I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:27:36 AM  Show Profile

Hi,John,welcome aboard.I notice you live in Charlotte and was wondering if you had ever come across a gent by the name of Tom English? I bought an FSM kit from him about 18 months ago and as he is the only person I have had dealings with in your neck of the woods I thought I would see if there is a link,however tenuous.I know it is like asking if you know Bill Smith in New York but as we railroading types tend to stick together, I thought I'd ask.
Look forward to hearing all about your layout,

NickO

"From a long way away"

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  08:27:36 AM  Show Profile

Hi,John,welcome aboard.I notice you live in Charlotte and was wondering if you had ever come across a gent by the name of Tom English? I bought an FSM kit from him about 18 months ago and as he is the only person I have had dealings with in your neck of the woods I thought I would see if there is a link,however tenuous.I know it is like asking if you know Bill Smith in New York but as we railroading types tend to stick together, I thought I'd ask.
Look forward to hearing all about your layout,

NickO

"From a long way away"

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  10:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Welcome, John! I am actually in Charlotte on business (I'm from NJ) and am enjoying the weather related state of emegency. I don't understand the big fuss. I guess it is what you are used to. I drove to the office this morning for a meeting...which was cancelled....and drove back to my hotel.

Since I am down here often, what hobby shops do you go to around here? Maybe I'll have some free time one of these days.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  10:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Welcome, John! I am actually in Charlotte on business (I'm from NJ) and am enjoying the weather related state of emegency. I don't understand the big fuss. I guess it is what you are used to. I drove to the office this morning for a meeting...which was cancelled....and drove back to my hotel.

Since I am down here often, what hobby shops do you go to around here? Maybe I'll have some free time one of these days.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Chuck

Jim T
Fireman

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  11:53:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,

I've just spent the last couple of days working my way through this thread meeting everyone so figured it was time to properly introduce myself. I'm really enjoying this forum and the knowledgable and friendly folks who participate.

Now for the info:

1). I live on the north Oregon coast about 3 miles from the mouth of the Columbia River. I'm a retired firefighter......retired 1 1/2 years ago. Actually, I'm not sure I'm really retired yet, since the first thing I did after retirement is gut out the kitchen and bathroom and am still working on remodeling them.

2). I got started in model railroading a little over a year ago after I took my grandson to a couple of train shows. Also, my father worked for the Southern Pacific Railroad in Eugene, OR for 42 years so have been around trains all my life. I've been into RC airplanes for a number of years. Been a life long 1:1 woodworker also (see #1 above).

3). Freelance with a fair amout of S.P. rolling stock.

4). Transition era

5). My layout is a 4 x 8 HO. I've been following the book "HO Railroad From Set to Scenery" by Rick Selby. It's a double oval with a small yard on one side and 4 industries on the other. It's about 1/3 done. That said, it may not go any further. I've recently been bitten by the On30 bug and am going to make the conversion (already working on a couple of buildings). I'm going to do this one in sections. The first part will be an 8' x 2' switching layout based on the 'Old Ophir' modular layout the Laurie Green built. http://members.optushome.com.au/jdennis/oldophir/frameset.html I want to try my hand at handlaying track and figure this will be plenty big to start with.

6). DCC (Digitrax Zepher)

7). As I said earlier I really enjoy the folks here as well as the huge amount of modeling knowledge. I'm slowly working my way through the past threads (Finescale Modeling: General Discussions at the moment) and taking notes.

8). Here's the only recent picture I could find. For those who want to know, I can't remember much about the fish other than it was a 22 lb. spring chinook salmon caught in the Columbia River on Apr. 24 last year about 2:30 in the afternoon near the bottom of the ebb tide. It was caught while anchored in 12' of water along side of Puget Island (about 25 miles up from the river mouth) near the upper tip. It bit on a K-14 chrome and chartreuse Kwik Fish lure with a small sardine filet wrapped on using a Shakespeare 7' 9" Ugly Stick rod with an Abu Garcia 6500C4 reel with 20lb test line.

Cheers, Jim

Jim T
Fireman

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  11:53:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,

I've just spent the last couple of days working my way through this thread meeting everyone so figured it was time to properly introduce myself. I'm really enjoying this forum and the knowledgable and friendly folks who participate.

Now for the info:

1). I live on the north Oregon coast about 3 miles from the mouth of the Columbia River. I'm a retired firefighter......retired 1 1/2 years ago. Actually, I'm not sure I'm really retired yet, since the first thing I did after retirement is gut out the kitchen and bathroom and am still working on remodeling them.

2). I got started in model railroading a little over a year ago after I took my grandson to a couple of train shows. Also, my father worked for the Southern Pacific Railroad in Eugene, OR for 42 years so have been around trains all my life. I've been into RC airplanes for a number of years. Been a life long 1:1 woodworker also (see #1 above).

3). Freelance with a fair amout of S.P. rolling stock.

4). Transition era

5). My layout is a 4 x 8 HO. I've been following the book "HO Railroad From Set to Scenery" by Rick Selby. It's a double oval with a small yard on one side and 4 industries on the other. It's about 1/3 done. That said, it may not go any further. I've recently been bitten by the On30 bug and am going to make the conversion (already working on a couple of buildings). I'm going to do this one in sections. The first part will be an 8' x 2' switching layout based on the 'Old Ophir' modular layout the Laurie Green built. http://members.optushome.com.au/jdennis/oldophir/frameset.html I want to try my hand at handlaying track and figure this will be plenty big to start with.

6). DCC (Digitrax Zepher)

7). As I said earlier I really enjoy the folks here as well as the huge amount of modeling knowledge. I'm slowly working my way through the past threads (Finescale Modeling: General Discussions at the moment) and taking notes.

8). Here's the only recent picture I could find. For those who want to know, I can't remember much about the fish other than it was a 22 lb. spring chinook salmon caught in the Columbia River on Apr. 24 last year about 2:30 in the afternoon near the bottom of the ebb tide. It was caught while anchored in 12' of water along side of Puget Island (about 25 miles up from the river mouth) near the upper tip. It bit on a K-14 chrome and chartreuse Kwik Fish lure with a small sardine filet wrapped on using a Shakespeare 7' 9" Ugly Stick rod with an Abu Garcia 6500C4 reel with 20lb test line.

Cheers, Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  12:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Jim,

Thanks for the info and photo. Please keep us posted on the progress of your On30 layout. BTW: nice catch!. We've got some catfish in the 50-75lb range at the Lake of the Ozarks, but they seldom get caught. Mostly what I see are bass in the 2-5 lb range.

Page: of 48 Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000