Railroad Line Forums - Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie
Page: of 48

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  11:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Steve. Thanks for posting your picture and some information about yourself. I look forward to more of your postings in the future and maybe progress pictures of your layout.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  11:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Steve. Thanks for posting your picture and some information about yourself. I look forward to more of your postings in the future and maybe progress pictures of your layout.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Steve,

Welcome to the fourm! Since I have a son and several cousins living in Michigan, I have visted Ludington on a number of occasions. If I recall, it is the location of a ferry to Wisconsin.

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Steve,

Welcome to the fourm! Since I have a son and several cousins living in Michigan, I have visted Ludington on a number of occasions. If I recall, it is the location of a ferry to Wisconsin.

Bruce

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I have visted Ludington on a number of occasions. If I recall, it is the location of a ferry to Wisconsin.

Bruce,

You're right. The S.S. Badger is now an automobile ferry traveling between Ludington and Manitowoc, WI across Lake Michigan. For 50 years or so it was owned by the C&O and ferried railroad cars along with it's two sister ships. It's steam-powered and puffs clouds of black, sooty smoke reminiscent of steam-powered locomotives.

Thanks to all for the greetings and well-wishes,

Steve

I never met a train I didn't like.

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I have visted Ludington on a number of occasions. If I recall, it is the location of a ferry to Wisconsin.

Bruce,

You're right. The S.S. Badger is now an automobile ferry traveling between Ludington and Manitowoc, WI across Lake Michigan. For 50 years or so it was owned by the C&O and ferried railroad cars along with it's two sister ships. It's steam-powered and puffs clouds of black, sooty smoke reminiscent of steam-powered locomotives.

Thanks to all for the greetings and well-wishes,

Steve

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Yep, looks like you are happily married! Welcome to the forum, Steve! Didn't I see a different picture earlier?

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Yep, looks like you are happily married! Welcome to the forum, Steve! Didn't I see a different picture earlier?

Chuck

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Didn't I see a different picture earlier?

Chuck

Chuck,

You caught me! I came across this one last night and decided it was more "appropriate" for the forum than the individual photo I had posted earlier.

Thanks for the welcome,

Steve

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Didn't I see a different picture earlier?

Chuck

Chuck,

You caught me! I came across this one last night and decided it was more "appropriate" for the forum than the individual photo I had posted earlier.

Thanks for the welcome,

Steve

choochoo52
New Hire

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  8:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Folks! I guess I don't fit in to well with most of you. Read on and you'll see why.
1. I'm about 40 miles from Binghamton , NY
2. I think you can say I started when I was in my high-chair and crawling around watching my father.
3.I freelance the northeast.
4.Late 40's - early 50's
5.It's 250sq. ft. and I work with hi rail, mostly Lionel, some Weaver, K=line, MTH. As you can see no loyalty. Don't hit me...I do help my son with n guage when I can see 'em.
6.Nope...good old zw's but am considering it.
7.The connection I do have is that my scenery is based on what you guys do as opposed to the usual toy train look. Da difference...da track, however I use Gargraves and Ross along with a few 022's.
8.Last time I tried having a picture taken the camera broke. However in short time I will post a pic of a semi finished area, just need to complete one thing so I don't get shot by anyone.

choochoo52
New Hire

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  8:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Folks! I guess I don't fit in to well with most of you. Read on and you'll see why.
1. I'm about 40 miles from Binghamton , NY
2. I think you can say I started when I was in my high-chair and crawling around watching my father.
3.I freelance the northeast.
4.Late 40's - early 50's
5.It's 250sq. ft. and I work with hi rail, mostly Lionel, some Weaver, K=line, MTH. As you can see no loyalty. Don't hit me...I do help my son with n guage when I can see 'em.
6.Nope...good old zw's but am considering it.
7.The connection I do have is that my scenery is based on what you guys do as opposed to the usual toy train look. Da difference...da track, however I use Gargraves and Ross along with a few 022's.
8.Last time I tried having a picture taken the camera broke. However in short time I will post a pic of a semi finished area, just need to complete one thing so I don't get shot by anyone.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  8:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Richard, welcome aboard. I don't understand where you don't fit in too well with most of us. Sounds like to me you like trains just as the rest of us. Nobody will shoot you if you post a picture of a work in progress.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  8:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Richard, welcome aboard. I don't understand where you don't fit in too well with most of us. Sounds like to me you like trains just as the rest of us. Nobody will shoot you if you post a picture of a work in progress.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  9:12:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Richard! All are welcome here, so fear not. I see that you are from Unadilla. We used to go to a campground up there. At that time (the early 1970's), there was a school set near a dam on a lake or reservoir. Their sign said something like "Best School by a Dam Site"! That obviously stuck in my mind. Good railroad country too. Again, welcome.

Page: of 48 Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000