Railroad Line Forums - Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie
Page: of 48

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  4:12:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rick
Great looking family you have there.
Also thanks for taking the time to fill out this little biography and thank you for the very informative posts you have made to this group.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Rick

Nice looking family you have got there. It looks like we are getting quite few Mid Atlantic folk on here now. You are just up I-95 from me. I am in Drexel Hill, just west of Philadelphia.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Rick

Nice looking family you have got there. It looks like we are getting quite few Mid Atlantic folk on here now. You are just up I-95 from me. I am in Drexel Hill, just west of Philadelphia.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for taking to the time to post to this thread, Rick, and thanks for the photo. I remember when my girls were that young.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for taking to the time to post to this thread, Rick, and thanks for the photo. I remember when my girls were that young.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Great picture of the family, Rick!

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 12/29/2003 5:19:42 PM

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Great picture of the family, Rick!

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 12/29/2003 5:19:42 PM

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rick, It's great to see your photo. I was only the other day thinking perhaps this thread should be revived again to get photos of newer forum members.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  5:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rick, It's great to see your photo. I was only the other day thinking perhaps this thread should be revived again to get photos of newer forum members.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  8:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Rick,

That is a great picture. Now it is time for some of the other members to take the "picture plunge"!

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  8:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Rick,

That is a great picture. Now it is time for some of the other members to take the "picture plunge"!

Bruce

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  05:53:02 AM  Show Profile
Greetings to all. My name is Steve Lambert and this seems like as good a place as any for my first post on this forum...

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in

About 8 months each year are spent in Lee's Summit, Missouri- a Kansas City suburb. The other 4 months are spent at our lake home in Ludington, Michigan.

2) How long modeling and how we got started

Started with a 4'X 8' Lionel layout in the mid 50's as a boy. Since then I've gone through off-and-on seasons and every scale from N thru Fn3 at one time or another.

3) What lines we model

Freelance lumber/mining narrow gauge mostly- but a little D&RGW as well. Over the years I've also done Rock Island, UP and more.

4) years we model

1930's thru 1960's

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.

At the moment I am building an around-the-corner shelf layout about 2' X 16' in On30 and I'm trying to decide whether to go outdoor or indoor with some Fn3/G scale acquisitions.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other

Both. I have a new Digitrax Zephyr system I haven't even attempted to hook up yet in addition to DC.

7) anything else you want to add?

Happily married for nearly 33 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two grown, married daughters and two delightful grandchildren. My wife and I work together as authors and owners of a publishing company which produces a line of children's educational curriculum used primarily in the homeschool market.

8) post your picture if you dare

Always a scary proposition - but here is a pohto of my wife and I.

I never met a train I didn't like.

Edited by - Fiveinarow on 01/05/2004 11:29:51 AM

Fiveinarow
New Hire

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  05:53:02 AM  Show Profile
Greetings to all. My name is Steve Lambert and this seems like as good a place as any for my first post on this forum...

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in

About 8 months each year are spent in Lee's Summit, Missouri- a Kansas City suburb. The other 4 months are spent at our lake home in Ludington, Michigan.

2) How long modeling and how we got started

Started with a 4'X 8' Lionel layout in the mid 50's as a boy. Since then I've gone through off-and-on seasons and every scale from N thru Fn3 at one time or another.

3) What lines we model

Freelance lumber/mining narrow gauge mostly- but a little D&RGW as well. Over the years I've also done Rock Island, UP and more.

4) years we model

1930's thru 1960's

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.

At the moment I am building an around-the-corner shelf layout about 2' X 16' in On30 and I'm trying to decide whether to go outdoor or indoor with some Fn3/G scale acquisitions.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other

Both. I have a new Digitrax Zephyr system I haven't even attempted to hook up yet in addition to DC.

7) anything else you want to add?

Happily married for nearly 33 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two grown, married daughters and two delightful grandchildren. My wife and I work together as authors and owners of a publishing company which produces a line of children's educational curriculum used primarily in the homeschool market.

8) post your picture if you dare

Always a scary proposition - but here is a pohto of my wife and I.

I never met a train I didn't like.

Edited by - Fiveinarow on 01/05/2004 11:29:51 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:54:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to RR-L, Steve!

Glad to have another guy from the K.C. area on the forum. I divide my time between a home in Liberty and one at "the Lake," so I drive back and forth through Lee's Summit (291) all the time.

Feel free to jump into the discussions here on the forum. We've got at least a couple of guys who are currently building in On30 and several others who are thinking about switching to it. Walt (aka "Rusty") has been working at producing an On30 logging disconnect kit. I have a set of the disconnects, and they're very nicely done.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out our little "interview" and posting a photo. Again, welcome to the forum.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:54:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to RR-L, Steve!

Glad to have another guy from the K.C. area on the forum. I divide my time between a home in Liberty and one at "the Lake," so I drive back and forth through Lee's Summit (291) all the time.

Feel free to jump into the discussions here on the forum. We've got at least a couple of guys who are currently building in On30 and several others who are thinking about switching to it. Walt (aka "Rusty") has been working at producing an On30 logging disconnect kit. I have a set of the disconnects, and they're very nicely done.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out our little "interview" and posting a photo. Again, welcome to the forum.

Page: of 48 Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 2.01 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000