Railroad Line Forums - Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 65 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie
Page: of 48

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  01:27:53 AM  Show Profile

Welcome Maarten!! Glad to have you aboard. I think you will enjoy this forum.

I have been to Europe a lot over the last 25 years. Did I understand that you are from the Netherlands? I have been to the Netherlands many times. I love it there. The people have always been open & friendly.

Thanks for the photos. Some really nice modeling!

Paul

Railvis
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcoming words!
Yes I am a Dutchman, but we have small club of N-scalers here called N-scale uNlimited which goes out to shows at times to have some RR fun.

This is an example of what we sometimes do. In this case, create a Beyer Garrett like Vulcan steam engine in N, based on 2 Roco BR80's. The original design was made for the New Zealand Forestry railroads, but it was overtaken by the (infamous??) diesel, and so never left the drawing board.
This one was done by my friend Ruud Bergsvoort.
Have fuN,
Maarten Vis

Railvis
New Hire

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcoming words!
Yes I am a Dutchman, but we have small club of N-scalers here called N-scale uNlimited which goes out to shows at times to have some RR fun.

This is an example of what we sometimes do. In this case, create a Beyer Garrett like Vulcan steam engine in N, based on 2 Roco BR80's. The original design was made for the New Zealand Forestry railroads, but it was overtaken by the (infamous??) diesel, and so never left the drawing board.
This one was done by my friend Ruud Bergsvoort.
Have fuN,
Maarten Vis

mnguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  3:30:38 PM  Show Profile
1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in
I live in a very small town about 25 miles north of St Paul Minnesota

2) How long modeling and how we got started
I got back into HO railroading in January 2002 after a 25 year absence. I did note some changes. Got started when I was a wee tyke and my dad bought me an Erie Lack A/B, a couple texaco tankers and a Southern Pacific caboose because they were all silver. That loco, on 16V,
well, the original Silver Streak.

3) What lines we model
I'm pretty casual. Its a freelanced affair with
Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Burlington Northern, and Duluth Mesabi & Iron Range mostly. But I also have Erie Lackawanna, Union Pacific, Canadian Pacfic, and Undec.

4) years we model
Pretty eclectic there too. 6 steamers and 6 diesels. Given the impact of time in the 1:1 world, I like ignoring it on my empire.

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.
A U shaped around the walls affair, 14' x 15' x 16' with a dual gauge spur backtracking on 2 walls, then narrow gauge switchback. Mainline is dual track with no crossing, so its pretty easy to set 4 trains running while I putz in the yard
or the dual gauge run. Its all HO, except for the Hot Wheels autos that well meaning friends have given me and love to see on the layout. They don't see the scale difference, and I don't care much at the moment.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other
DCC. When I started back up, I only had 2 locos, and was building the layout from scratch, so it was just as easy to go DCC. I'm currently using a Digitrax Chief system.

7) anything else you want to add
Feel free to stop by http://www.loye.com It aint fancy. The models arent'great and the scenery should help give anybody confidence. But Lord knows there aren't enough web sites out there.....

Bill

Edited by - mnguy on 10/25/2003 3:33:00 PM

mnguy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  3:30:38 PM  Show Profile
1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in
I live in a very small town about 25 miles north of St Paul Minnesota

2) How long modeling and how we got started
I got back into HO railroading in January 2002 after a 25 year absence. I did note some changes. Got started when I was a wee tyke and my dad bought me an Erie Lack A/B, a couple texaco tankers and a Southern Pacific caboose because they were all silver. That loco, on 16V,
well, the original Silver Streak.

3) What lines we model
I'm pretty casual. Its a freelanced affair with
Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Burlington Northern, and Duluth Mesabi & Iron Range mostly. But I also have Erie Lackawanna, Union Pacific, Canadian Pacfic, and Undec.

4) years we model
Pretty eclectic there too. 6 steamers and 6 diesels. Given the impact of time in the 1:1 world, I like ignoring it on my empire.

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.
A U shaped around the walls affair, 14' x 15' x 16' with a dual gauge spur backtracking on 2 walls, then narrow gauge switchback. Mainline is dual track with no crossing, so its pretty easy to set 4 trains running while I putz in the yard
or the dual gauge run. Its all HO, except for the Hot Wheels autos that well meaning friends have given me and love to see on the layout. They don't see the scale difference, and I don't care much at the moment.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other
DCC. When I started back up, I only had 2 locos, and was building the layout from scratch, so it was just as easy to go DCC. I'm currently using a Digitrax Chief system.

7) anything else you want to add
Feel free to stop by http://www.loye.com It aint fancy. The models arent'great and the scenery should help give anybody confidence. But Lord knows there aren't enough web sites out there.....

Bill

Edited by - mnguy on 10/25/2003 3:33:00 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  5:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Bill.

I visited your website. You've got a really nice layout and lots of photos. I plan to return to see it all when I'm back home and have more time available.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  5:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Bill.

I visited your website. You've got a really nice layout and lots of photos. I plan to return to see it all when I'm back home and have more time available.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  03:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Paul still hasn't posted a photo of himself as yet. Come on mate! We are all braced for it...

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  03:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Paul still hasn't posted a photo of himself as yet. Come on mate! We are all braced for it...

Chessie1973
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  12:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

1)I live in Buncombe County North Carolina about halfway between Asheville and Hendersonville.

2)Well I have been seriously modeling things, not always trains since 1992. But I used to mess with trains back into the early 1980's.

3)I personally Prefer the Chessie System line.

4)Not very picky about what year I model. I like them All.

5)Well at the moment I have no permanent layout, but I Model HO Scale.

6)DC. I hope to later get DCC once I can afford a good setup.

7) I have been detailing miniature figurines since college. Detail wise they are microscopic. You learn very quickly the proper use of washes to bring out those details.

8) OK You asked for it.

Beware the unibrow, the unibrow is evil I tell you.

Chessie1973
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  12:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

1)I live in Buncombe County North Carolina about halfway between Asheville and Hendersonville.

2)Well I have been seriously modeling things, not always trains since 1992. But I used to mess with trains back into the early 1980's.

3)I personally Prefer the Chessie System line.

4)Not very picky about what year I model. I like them All.

5)Well at the moment I have no permanent layout, but I Model HO Scale.

6)DC. I hope to later get DCC once I can afford a good setup.

7) I have been detailing miniature figurines since college. Detail wise they are microscopic. You learn very quickly the proper use of washes to bring out those details.

8) OK You asked for it.

Beware the unibrow, the unibrow is evil I tell you.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  03:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Nice to see you Chessie, I can see how you can keep the pillow up against the wall by leaning against it, but what about the remote? Do you use velcro?

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  03:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Nice to see you Chessie, I can see how you can keep the pillow up against the wall by leaning against it, but what about the remote? Do you use velcro?

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the link Chuck. Here goes...

1. I live on the east shore of Lake Winnebago about 8 miles north of Fond du Lac in Wisconsin.

2. Been modeling ever since I can remember. Mostly plastic kit cars when I was younger and now train stuff for the last couple of years since the grandkids came along. But if it isn't Thomas the Tank, I get to play with it.

3. None in particular. I found out early on I'm not that interested in the train part, but the modeling and scenery. Now the house is littered with diorama's in various states of completion.

4. 1920's - 1930's.

5. 4x8 HO. Didn't have room in the house so I built a workbench for the shop with a tilt top and put the layout in there. Put it on casters so I can wheel it around.

6. One very simple DC unit.

Searched for a picture, but for some reason I'm the one taking the pictures most of the time...something about shattering lenses. But I found one that shows a true Wisconsinite...GO PACK!

In memory of Mike Chambers

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the link Chuck. Here goes...

1. I live on the east shore of Lake Winnebago about 8 miles north of Fond du Lac in Wisconsin.

2. Been modeling ever since I can remember. Mostly plastic kit cars when I was younger and now train stuff for the last couple of years since the grandkids came along. But if it isn't Thomas the Tank, I get to play with it.

3. None in particular. I found out early on I'm not that interested in the train part, but the modeling and scenery. Now the house is littered with diorama's in various states of completion.

4. 1920's - 1930's.

5. 4x8 HO. Didn't have room in the house so I built a workbench for the shop with a tilt top and put the layout in there. Put it on casters so I can wheel it around.

6. One very simple DC unit.

Searched for a picture, but for some reason I'm the one taking the pictures most of the time...something about shattering lenses. But I found one that shows a true Wisconsinite...GO PACK!

In memory of Mike Chambers

Page: of 48 Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000