Railroad Line Forums - Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Member introductions, 12/23/02 to 02/23/05
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie
Page: of 48

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  8:45:46 PM  Show Profile
Married 35 years? Why, you ol' coot, your wife warn't even borned yet. She ain't but 25 or 30 years old at the most. Now, you, on the other hand.....

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  8:45:46 PM  Show Profile
Married 35 years? Why, you ol' coot, your wife warn't even borned yet. She ain't but 25 or 30 years old at the most. Now, you, on the other hand.....

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  9:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Chuck & Bruce,

Thanks (I think ) for the photos of yourselves. I enjoy putting a face to a name.

Bruce,
It is nice to see a “younger” model RRer!! I am not all that old, just 52 (had a birthday last month). It is good to see someone younger.

Bruce,
I must agree with Mike. Your wife is the better looking one (aren’t you glad)!!

I guess I am going to have to break down & post a picture of myself. I just don’t want to scare anyone off!!

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 09/06/2003 9:09:10 PM

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  9:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Chuck & Bruce,

Thanks (I think ) for the photos of yourselves. I enjoy putting a face to a name.

Bruce,
It is nice to see a “younger” model RRer!! I am not all that old, just 52 (had a birthday last month). It is good to see someone younger.

Bruce,
I must agree with Mike. Your wife is the better looking one (aren’t you glad)!!

I guess I am going to have to break down & post a picture of myself. I just don’t want to scare anyone off!!

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 09/06/2003 9:09:10 PM

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  10:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Bruce aside from a tinge of grey you do not look a day over 39.
Paul, Mike did it , Rusty did it, Chuck did it, Bruce did it, and I did it so where is that mug shot.
We will not pick on you or your picture and since we all know that you know how to post pictures you have no excuse.
So "show no fear and get with the program" as my first sergeant always used to say.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  10:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Bruce aside from a tinge of grey you do not look a day over 39.
Paul, Mike did it , Rusty did it, Chuck did it, Bruce did it, and I did it so where is that mug shot.
We will not pick on you or your picture and since we all know that you know how to post pictures you have no excuse.
So "show no fear and get with the program" as my first sergeant always used to say.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  11:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Very nice picture, Bruce!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  11:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Very nice picture, Bruce!

Chuck

Railvis
New Hire

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  4:30:03 PM  Show Profile

I was started when I received a Märklin H0 set when I was 5, yes, in 1941....

When Atlas/Rivarossi went into n-Scale in 1967 or so, that was my financial undoing. I changed to US prototype N.

But the Märklin has not been thrown away. My 4 year old grandson managed, for the first time this week, to connect 2 pieces of Märklin rail! A major achievement. I'll teach him some more....

As I studied at the University of Wisconsin for a while, I decided my RR would be called Wisconsin Central, unaware of the fact the prototype existed. That all changed in 1988 when I found I had a pretty paint scheme to work with. So I smear WC on most of my engines, and developed a paint scheme for steam engines too.

My layout is mostly single line loop to loop, with 3 legs of 9, 12 and 10 feet along 3 walls.
It is also very much under construction.
Control is thru regular DC, using blocks sparingly, as I hate wiring.
The throttles are home built based on a handheld throttle from described in MR back in the '80s. Very basic, and good function.

I play with real trains too. Industrial Narrow gauge in a museum in the North of Holland, based on an old peat industry.
This is me driving a 900 millimeter gauge Jung, 2 cylinder 2 stroke diesel engine.

Ya'll have fuN,
Maarten Vis

Railvis
New Hire

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  4:30:03 PM  Show Profile

I was started when I received a Märklin H0 set when I was 5, yes, in 1941....

When Atlas/Rivarossi went into n-Scale in 1967 or so, that was my financial undoing. I changed to US prototype N.

But the Märklin has not been thrown away. My 4 year old grandson managed, for the first time this week, to connect 2 pieces of Märklin rail! A major achievement. I'll teach him some more....

As I studied at the University of Wisconsin for a while, I decided my RR would be called Wisconsin Central, unaware of the fact the prototype existed. That all changed in 1988 when I found I had a pretty paint scheme to work with. So I smear WC on most of my engines, and developed a paint scheme for steam engines too.

My layout is mostly single line loop to loop, with 3 legs of 9, 12 and 10 feet along 3 walls.
It is also very much under construction.
Control is thru regular DC, using blocks sparingly, as I hate wiring.
The throttles are home built based on a handheld throttle from described in MR back in the '80s. Very basic, and good function.

I play with real trains too. Industrial Narrow gauge in a museum in the North of Holland, based on an old peat industry.
This is me driving a 900 millimeter gauge Jung, 2 cylinder 2 stroke diesel engine.

Ya'll have fuN,
Maarten Vis

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  5:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to RR-L, Maarten. Thanks for posting the photos.

Since you are into N scale, you might be interested to know that two excellent N scale modelers, Drew and Tyson Rayles, are members here. Check out their work in the Model Photography Forum.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  5:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to RR-L, Maarten. Thanks for posting the photos.

Since you are into N scale, you might be interested to know that two excellent N scale modelers, Drew and Tyson Rayles, are members here. Check out their work in the Model Photography Forum.

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  12:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

aah...to be that young again.

Bruce,

I have to agree with the rest, a very nice, young wife. Thanks for posting the lovely couple's photo.

Railvis, welcome to the RR-L. It's always good to have another steamer. We welcome your experience. And if I calculate right you just knocked oldtimer John aka Bbags out of the oldest spot.

Welcome aboard and thanks everyone for the pictures. Okay Paul, as John said, it's your turn.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  12:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

aah...to be that young again.

Bruce,

I have to agree with the rest, a very nice, young wife. Thanks for posting the lovely couple's photo.

Railvis, welcome to the RR-L. It's always good to have another steamer. We welcome your experience. And if I calculate right you just knocked oldtimer John aka Bbags out of the oldest spot.

Welcome aboard and thanks everyone for the pictures. Okay Paul, as John said, it's your turn.

Jim

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  01:27:53 AM  Show Profile

Welcome Maarten!! Glad to have you aboard. I think you will enjoy this forum.

I have been to Europe a lot over the last 25 years. Did I understand that you are from the Netherlands? I have been to the Netherlands many times. I love it there. The people have always been open & friendly.

Thanks for the photos. Some really nice modeling!

Paul

Page: of 48 Topic Next Topic: Welcome weeduggie  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000