Railroad Line Forums - LAYOUT PROGRESS
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 LAYOUT PROGRESS
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Logging model Photos Topic Next Topic: Loose side rod fix  

GearDrivenSteam
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  06:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Pictures of the On30 Confederate Logging Company progress. I have all of my cookie cuttin done, and all of my supports finished. There will be a few supports knocked out across the front straight run to accomodate a log jam trestle,
like this:

Here's the track plan. It was very generously designed by my good friend, Roger Bruce. Thanks, Roger.

Rob

Obedience Is Victory. Victory Is Life. Today Is A Good Day To Die.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  06:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Looking great! LOVE the photo the engine on that bridge. Can you imagine trusting the weight of that engine to just those two logs that span the river. Geeesh.

Looks like you've got some pretty steep inclines going - what is your maximum grade. Personally, I really like the steep grades for my logging locos.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  06:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Looking great! LOVE the photo the engine on that bridge. Can you imagine trusting the weight of that engine to just those two logs that span the river. Geeesh.

Looks like you've got some pretty steep inclines going - what is your maximum grade. Personally, I really like the steep grades for my logging locos.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

GearDrivenSteam
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  07:11:01 AM  Show Profile
The steepest is 8.4% coming up the inner loop onto the mainline on the left in the background in the first picture. The Shay chugs up it with no sweat. I was actually surprised.

Rob

GearDrivenSteam
Section Hand

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  07:11:01 AM  Show Profile
The steepest is 8.4% coming up the inner loop onto the mainline on the left in the background in the first picture. The Shay chugs up it with no sweat. I was actually surprised.

Rob

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  07:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Robert, that's a unique track plan. Very nice. Looks like you are making good progress. Please post more pictures as you make more progress.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  07:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Robert, that's a unique track plan. Very nice. Looks like you are making good progress. Please post more pictures as you make more progress.

Previous Topic: Logging model Photos Topic Next Topic: Loose side rod fix  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000