Railroad Line Forums - Summer is over!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: glnrr ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 Summer is over!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Need ideas/inspiration! Topic Next Topic: Micro Layouts from Japan  

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile
O.K. folks summer is over, for some of us mowing, weedeating and other outdoor chores are over or will be drawing to a close (in all but the warmest climes) soon. Time to get back to work on our mini/micro's! Yeah, I know I need to practice what I preach!
Mike

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile
I've been working on mine , to the neglect of my HO steel mill . I'll post some updates in a few days .
Drew , OH DREW , whatcha up to lately ?
Terry

Edited by - teejay on 10/13/2005 09:35:47 AM

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile
I've been working on mine , to the neglect of my HO steel mill . I'll post some updates in a few days .
Drew , OH DREW , whatcha up to lately ?
Terry

Edited by - teejay on 10/13/2005 09:35:47 AM

Wabash Banks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile
I've been learning to detail the interior of buildings. For my hardware store I have been workign ont he interior walls on the second floor. I have also made my first N scale paper windows. Man, what a chore! The second floor windows look good from the outside but have all kinds of overlapped pieces of paper on the back side. You can't see the back of them though and it provided a good learning experience. I used paint chips from the real hardware store to "paint" the walls. It provided a nice smooth plaster wall look with a nice painted surface. I added an interior wall between the two rooms and used some paper trimmed to 1' wide scale and ran it around as baseboard. Looks better than I expected and hides some of the areas where the cut I made to the wall doesn't exactly match the floor. Come to think of it, isn't that what it is for in a real building?
The bottom floor is going to be another story though. There are windows on opposing sides so the inside of the window will be visible. I have to actualy make the windows neat on both sides. I plan to finishe the upstairs portions tonight and maybe move on to the lower levels. One hold up is I need to buy some microscope slide covers for the glass before I can do much more on the windows.

Wabash Banks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile
I've been learning to detail the interior of buildings. For my hardware store I have been workign ont he interior walls on the second floor. I have also made my first N scale paper windows. Man, what a chore! The second floor windows look good from the outside but have all kinds of overlapped pieces of paper on the back side. You can't see the back of them though and it provided a good learning experience. I used paint chips from the real hardware store to "paint" the walls. It provided a nice smooth plaster wall look with a nice painted surface. I added an interior wall between the two rooms and used some paper trimmed to 1' wide scale and ran it around as baseboard. Looks better than I expected and hides some of the areas where the cut I made to the wall doesn't exactly match the floor. Come to think of it, isn't that what it is for in a real building?
The bottom floor is going to be another story though. There are windows on opposing sides so the inside of the window will be visible. I have to actualy make the windows neat on both sides. I plan to finishe the upstairs portions tonight and maybe move on to the lower levels. One hold up is I need to buy some microscope slide covers for the glass before I can do much more on the windows.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Nice to know you two are getting something done! Looking forward to some pics. I may have to send out a rescue party for Drew if we don't hear from him soon!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Nice to know you two are getting something done! Looking forward to some pics. I may have to send out a rescue party for Drew if we don't hear from him soon!

Mike

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  5:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage
I'm also curious on Drew's progresses with his ON30 venture, as for me I'm detailing the Carl Clay Works micro layout, You can't imagine the amount of things you can squeeze in one square foot, I'll get some pictures later on.

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  5:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage
I'm also curious on Drew's progresses with his ON30 venture, as for me I'm detailing the Carl Clay Works micro layout, You can't imagine the amount of things you can squeeze in one square foot, I'll get some pictures later on.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile
"You can't imagine the amount of things you can squeeze in one square foot, I'll get some pictures later on."

Yeah Nelson, I can imagine! Hurry with the pics please!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile
"You can't imagine the amount of things you can squeeze in one square foot, I'll get some pictures later on."

Yeah Nelson, I can imagine! Hurry with the pics please!

Mike

Previous Topic: Need ideas/inspiration! Topic Next Topic: Micro Layouts from Japan  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000