Railroad Line Forums - Sawmill Models
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Sawmill Models
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Logging model Photos
Page: of 3

extra94
New Hire

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  11:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit extra94's Homepage
After seeing Bob and Tom's work, it seem's like there may be a few more that logging afficiandos might enjoy. I encourage ya'll to submit your mill pix to this thread. I'm always looking for inspiration.

I'll start with a couple shots of an O scale mill I'm building for a friend. The shape of the building is based on all of the Sierra west machinery (ex CHB) that presently available, including the boiler and mill engine.

View from the pond up the log haul

The mill sans roofs. Because the machinery is set up very linear, the mill is 30 inches long, 12 inches wide (the boiler room adds 4" to one side and the office/filing room adds 3" to the other.) The entire module is 30" x 72".

Looking in the end (where the lumber comes out)next to the Gang Rip unit. The belt drive overhead was fun to figure out, but it was worth the work.

This project has been underway for a while. My friend will be laying the track and scenicing, but I'll try to take some more pix if there is any interest. I really want to see what else you readers are doing.

Chris

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  06:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Chris, I haven't built a mill yet, but I did want to tell you how much I like yours. Very nice. The last picture is very realistic (except for the family car in the backround).

Edited by - Rick on 10/11/2005 06:54:43 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  06:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Chris, I haven't built a mill yet, but I did want to tell you how much I like yours. Very nice. The last picture is very realistic (except for the family car in the backround).

Edited by - Rick on 10/11/2005 06:54:43 AM

pastor_t
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  06:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Nice model Chris. Guess you need to be careful parking the car

Edited by - pastor_t on 10/11/2005 06:32:27 AM

pastor_t
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  06:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Nice model Chris. Guess you need to be careful parking the car

Edited by - pastor_t on 10/11/2005 06:32:27 AM

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

This proves a point that I made on another thread about how well I pay attention ... I didn't see the car until I read your comment!

Good looking model to be sure.

Joe <><

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

This proves a point that I made on another thread about how well I pay attention ... I didn't see the car until I read your comment!

Good looking model to be sure.

Joe <><

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  09:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Cris,

Very nice mill. I like the diagonal flooring in the last picture. I still have SW Deer Creek Twin Mills on the build shelf. Maybe one day...

Here's a kitbash of WS Plank & Tie Mill I did for Challenge I a couple of years ago.

Jim

Edited by - ANo10 on 10/11/2005 09:58:07 AM

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  09:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Cris,

Very nice mill. I like the diagonal flooring in the last picture. I still have SW Deer Creek Twin Mills on the build shelf. Maybe one day...

Here's a kitbash of WS Plank & Tie Mill I did for Challenge I a couple of years ago.

Jim

Edited by - ANo10 on 10/11/2005 09:58:07 AM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  11:43:03 AM  Show Profile
Jim, I was wondering if you'd post a photo or two of your tie and plank mill. Good to see it again.

Like Jim, I have the Sierra West Twin Mills sitting on my "to do" shelf. But that's as close as I've gotten to having a mill. I keep thinking I need to start it because I ain't gettin' any younger.

That's some great detailing, Chris! The machinery looks nicely done, but I also like the looks of the plank flooring in the last photo.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  11:43:03 AM  Show Profile
Jim, I was wondering if you'd post a photo or two of your tie and plank mill. Good to see it again.

Like Jim, I have the Sierra West Twin Mills sitting on my "to do" shelf. But that's as close as I've gotten to having a mill. I keep thinking I need to start it because I ain't gettin' any younger.

That's some great detailing, Chris! The machinery looks nicely done, but I also like the looks of the plank flooring in the last photo.

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  12:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Chris, looking great! I too like that last shot. Great depth of field!

CD

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  12:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Chris, looking great! I too like that last shot. Great depth of field!

CD

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  12:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

I think we're running out of excuses not to build the twin mills. I know I am. I'm comfortable now with Brett's kits. I have one more kit to build after Quincy's and then I'm starting on the mill. Probably January 06.

Jim

ANo10
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  12:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

I think we're running out of excuses not to build the twin mills. I know I am. I'm comfortable now with Brett's kits. I have one more kit to build after Quincy's and then I'm starting on the mill. Probably January 06.

Jim

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  2:26:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ANo10

I have one more kit to build after Quincy's....
Jim

Which one?

Page: of 3 Topic Next Topic: Logging model Photos  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000