Railroad Line Forums - 1930-40s
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 70 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: nevadablue ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 1930-40s
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Modeling the 1870s - Miller Couplers Topic Next Topic: Rail Paint Tool?  

tatonka
New Hire

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  5:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I finally decided to settle down and do some more serious modeling (no more fun, ever! Nope, never). I joined the NMRA and everything. I would like to start modeling a generic Eastern small railroad in the 1930s - 40s era in HO. I have a Bachmann 2-8-0 and a BLI 2-8-2 to start with, Probably bash them a little, next build some cars, an figure a small layout. I want to try and keep things prototypicaly correct for the era, not a particular RR. Any suggestions as to any particular sites or groups that might be a help?

Kurt

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  6:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Kurt, the sky's pretty much the limit as far as research. I'd start with books. Even though you're modeling a particular railroad (as I do), books about the prototype can be a great source for research. Then look for magazine articles. There have been some great articles over the years about the 30's &40's; for example, Andy Sperrandeo of Model Railroader had an article in the january 2003 issue about modeling in 1942. I'll go back through my stuff and see what else I can come up with. Hope this helps.

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  6:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Kurt, the sky's pretty much the limit as far as research. I'd start with books. Even though you're modeling a particular railroad (as I do), books about the prototype can be a great source for research. Then look for magazine articles. There have been some great articles over the years about the 30's &40's; for example, Andy Sperrandeo of Model Railroader had an article in the january 2003 issue about modeling in 1942. I'll go back through my stuff and see what else I can come up with. Hope this helps.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  7:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Now, Kurt...

Check out Geo. Elwood's famous site, Fallen Flag Railroad Photos. Here's the link:

www.rr-fallenflags.org

There you'll find a whole bunch of railroads with loco and rolling stock photos from various years including the '30s and '40s. I model Northeastern roads myself and use the site for photo research.

Russ

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  7:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Now, Kurt...

Check out Geo. Elwood's famous site, Fallen Flag Railroad Photos. Here's the link:

www.rr-fallenflags.org

There you'll find a whole bunch of railroads with loco and rolling stock photos from various years including the '30s and '40s. I model Northeastern roads myself and use the site for photo research.

Russ

Previous Topic: Modeling the 1870s - Miller Couplers Topic Next Topic: Rail Paint Tool?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000