Railroad Line Forums - welding shed
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 106 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 welding shed
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Scratch-building locomotives Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding in styrene
Page: of 4

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Excellent so far Pat!

MP Rich
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:59:50 PM  Show Profile
I agree that you have a good model going. Always like to see somone stepping out of the kits into something unique. One rule of thumb that welders go by is that there is never a piece of scrap that you don't want to keep. From boilers to bikes, they may come in handy so are rarely thrown away. They just keep cutting parts off till whats left disappears in the grime on the floor. :)

MP Rich
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:59:50 PM  Show Profile
I agree that you have a good model going. Always like to see somone stepping out of the kits into something unique. One rule of thumb that welders go by is that there is never a piece of scrap that you don't want to keep. From boilers to bikes, they may come in handy so are rarely thrown away. They just keep cutting parts off till whats left disappears in the grime on the floor. :)

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
That looks great, Pat! I hope you can see the interior when you are done. Do the doors open?

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
That looks great, Pat! I hope you can see the interior when you are done. Do the doors open?

Chuck

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Guys, thanks for the incouraging words, I am in the process of adding a ton of stuff to this dio, and will see if I can work in a welder w. a flickering light. I have so far assembled a hoist truck which is delivering electric motors, and stained the wood for the chain hoist.
Bruce, if you see this it is the JL chain hoist, could you tell me the dimensions of it when completed??
Chuck, this will be something for the background so the door is as open as its going to get, I plan on letting a LP lean out the door but that will be it. All the other action will occur outside.
Thanks Pat

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Guys, thanks for the incouraging words, I am in the process of adding a ton of stuff to this dio, and will see if I can work in a welder w. a flickering light. I have so far assembled a hoist truck which is delivering electric motors, and stained the wood for the chain hoist.
Bruce, if you see this it is the JL chain hoist, could you tell me the dimensions of it when completed??
Chuck, this will be something for the background so the door is as open as its going to get, I plan on letting a LP lean out the door but that will be it. All the other action will occur outside.
Thanks Pat

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  07:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Pat,
This looks like a neat project. I like the roofing. The Durango Press chain hoist from J.L. has a 3" by 2.25" footprint. BTW, I got the "arc welding" light and controls at John's in Harrington Park. I think it was made by Miniatronics.

Edited by - Dutchman on 10/12/2005 08:41:26 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  07:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Pat,
This looks like a neat project. I like the roofing. The Durango Press chain hoist from J.L. has a 3" by 2.25" footprint. BTW, I got the "arc welding" light and controls at John's in Harrington Park. I think it was made by Miniatronics.

Edited by - Dutchman on 10/12/2005 08:41:26 AM

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  5:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bruce, for the info on the hoist. I might have to go w. one a little smaller I think because I don't think I have enough room for the first one.
I have bought one of those blinker from John, but they are made for him by someone Not from Miniatronics. Pat

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  5:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bruce, for the info on the hoist. I might have to go w. one a little smaller I think because I don't think I have enough room for the first one.
I have bought one of those blinker from John, but they are made for him by someone Not from Miniatronics. Pat

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Well some more progress has been made, decide to go with a gravel driveway, a smaller hoist since the one I bought would not fit, and a Woodland scenic truck which now just in Primer.

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Well some more progress has been made, decide to go with a gravel driveway, a smaller hoist since the one I bought would not fit, and a Woodland scenic truck which now just in Primer.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  06:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Pat,
The entire diorama is coming along nicely. I like the scratchbuilt fence--good job. I assume that the hoist is also scratchbuilt? I have one of the WS truck kits on the shelf. Any tips on putting one together?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  06:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Pat,
The entire diorama is coming along nicely. I like the scratchbuilt fence--good job. I assume that the hoist is also scratchbuilt? I have one of the WS truck kits on the shelf. Any tips on putting one together?

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Scratch-building locomotives Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding in styrene  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000