Railroad Line Forums - welding shed
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 welding shed
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Scratch-building locomotives Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding in styrene
Page: of 4

belg
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  08:11:47 AM  Show Profile
Here's the start of a little diorama which will be a welding shop. I could use some details for this one yet, so any ideas are very welcome. I have the WS welding series already to go.

There's ALOT more that is going to be added yet like a hoist, metal storage shelves/racks a truck,........ Let me know what you think so far, Pat.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile
Pat,

It looks great. Is it scratch built?

Here's a shot of the interior of a welding shop I built (along with Bruce). I think the tanks are Funaro and Camerlengo, the crates are Tichy and the jack stands and welding equipment came from the WS set. The rest of the stuff came from my scrap box. I added a flickering light to the bottom, right in front of the guy that's kneeling. The effect is pretty realistic when the building shell is on.

I have a Keystone Locomotive Works boiler that will go outside it once I put it on my module (when ever that is).

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile
Pat,

It looks great. Is it scratch built?

Here's a shot of the interior of a welding shop I built (along with Bruce). I think the tanks are Funaro and Camerlengo, the crates are Tichy and the jack stands and welding equipment came from the WS set. The rest of the stuff came from my scrap box. I added a flickering light to the bottom, right in front of the guy that's kneeling. The effect is pretty realistic when the building shell is on.

I have a Keystone Locomotive Works boiler that will go outside it once I put it on my module (when ever that is).

George

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage
It's looking great Pat, I see You've been very busy lately, was the retaining wall done wusing the baked sculpey clay method? Lokking forward to some more pictures.

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage
It's looking great Pat, I see You've been very busy lately, was the retaining wall done wusing the baked sculpey clay method? Lokking forward to some more pictures.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile
So far so good. I like the stone wall around the perimeter. Is it three castings of stone or made of individule stone blocks? I guess that it is plaster.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile
So far so good. I like the stone wall around the perimeter. Is it three castings of stone or made of individule stone blocks? I guess that it is plaster.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to mention that for details I would add a bunch of pipes, angle iron, scrap metal etc. Maybe a couple of saw horses too.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to mention that for details I would add a bunch of pipes, angle iron, scrap metal etc. Maybe a couple of saw horses too.

lab-dad
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit lab-dad's Homepage  Send lab-dad a Yahoo! Message
Looks good, I like the clutter and detail but......
Its too clean! I work right next door to a welding shop and its filfthy!!!
Just weather it up! even the outside. Lots of rusty metal supplies too
Paint the white ends of your pipes - metal or black from torching.
The "bottles" need some chips and abuse (slight) another nice detail too is the bottles must be chained to the wall.
Mj

lab-dad
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit lab-dad's Homepage  Send lab-dad a Yahoo! Message
Looks good, I like the clutter and detail but......
Its too clean! I work right next door to a welding shop and its filfthy!!!
Just weather it up! even the outside. Lots of rusty metal supplies too
Paint the white ends of your pipes - metal or black from torching.
The "bottles" need some chips and abuse (slight) another nice detail too is the bottles must be chained to the wall.
Mj

mikethetrainman
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Pat that's going to be a nice little diorama. Will be looking forward to see how you progress with it . I like the tar paper job on the roof.

Mike Mace
Northern Division of the Santa Fe

mikethetrainman
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Pat that's going to be a nice little diorama. Will be looking forward to see how you progress with it . I like the tar paper job on the roof.

Mike Mace
Northern Division of the Santa Fe

Jerry M
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Looks real nice indeed, maybe you could add one of the flicker led's to simulate welding flash...Jerry

Jerry M
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Looks real nice indeed, maybe you could add one of the flicker led's to simulate welding flash...Jerry

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Excellent so far Pat!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Scratch-building locomotives Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding in styrene  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000