Railroad Line Forums - Overall views of your layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Overall views of your layout
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: THE GALLERY: September  2005, Models and Layouts Topic Next Topic: A Little Photo Fun
Page: of 6

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  4:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Steve asked in the locomotive service area construction thread if I had any pics that showed an overall view of the layout, so I thought I would start a thread where we could see "the big picture" of layouts. Below are some pics of mine (I even photoshopped out the mess under the benchwork). Feel free to post yours as well. I think it helps orient people to what they're looking at.

My layout is a basic reverse "G" shape, with a peninsula coming into the middle from the bottom of the G. There is a return loop at the end of each leg of the G, and I have a long free-standing bridge in each leg of the G that provides me a duckunder so I can work on the backside of that area. I like this configuration because it allows for really deep scenes in those areas. The benchwork itself it 30" deep from front-to-back around the walls.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  4:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Eddie
Awesome. Terrific looking layout. Thanks for the photos.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  4:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage
Eddie
Awesome. Terrific looking layout. Thanks for the photos.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  8:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Eddie, great idea for a thread. I will have to clean up the layout and take some pictures. Then again, I could go to the Home Depot and just take a shot of some plywood, and get the same overall effect.

BTW, those are some great shots of your layout.

Edited by - Dutchman on 09/25/2005 10:22:33 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  8:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Eddie, great idea for a thread. I will have to clean up the layout and take some pictures. Then again, I could go to the Home Depot and just take a shot of some plywood, and get the same overall effect.

BTW, those are some great shots of your layout.

Edited by - Dutchman on 09/25/2005 10:22:33 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Eddie your layout is really looking good!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Eddie your layout is really looking good!

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  06:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage
It's too bad magazines like MR don't show a few overall shots of layouts they feature. They concentrate on small scenes that could be taken on dioramas for all we know. I had a few layout tours in MRG (of friends' layouts), and I always tried to show a few, and they used them. MR's layout tours are too sanitized.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  06:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage
It's too bad magazines like MR don't show a few overall shots of layouts they feature. They concentrate on small scenes that could be taken on dioramas for all we know. I had a few layout tours in MRG (of friends' layouts), and I always tried to show a few, and they used them. MR's layout tours are too sanitized.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Eddie your layout looks great, it is nice to see the overall picture, we all know now nice your work is up close.

quote:
Originally posted by railphotog

Could it be that some featured layouts are much less comeplete than they would want you to believe? I notice that often their track plans with the photo numbers indicated often have large expances that are not photographed at all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/26/2005 09:10:41 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Eddie your layout looks great, it is nice to see the overall picture, we all know now nice your work is up close.

quote:
Originally posted by railphotog

Could it be that some featured layouts are much less comeplete than they would want you to believe? I notice that often their track plans with the photo numbers indicated often have large expances that are not photographed at all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/26/2005 09:10:41 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

That's like my plywood wonder. The only area that has scenery and structures yet is the yard area.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

That's like my plywood wonder. The only area that has scenery and structures yet is the yard area.

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:36:29 AM  Show Profile
nice layout Eddie, I am a 4 by 8 sheet man myself so all that fancy g stuff makes my mouth water!

Elliott

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:36:29 AM  Show Profile
nice layout Eddie, I am a 4 by 8 sheet man myself so all that fancy g stuff makes my mouth water!

Elliott

hminky
Fireman

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  10:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit hminky's Homepage
Nice layout Eddie.

One half of the mighty Pacific Coast Air Line Railway

Working slowly
Harold

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: THE GALLERY: September  2005, Models and Layouts Topic Next Topic: A Little Photo Fun  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000