Railroad Line Forums - How to learn name of UPRR division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 226 ]  [ Newest Member: HolmesELP ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Layout Design / Operation Sig Forum
 How to learn name of UPRR division
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Does Wyoming coal pass through Chicago? Topic Next Topic: Layout plans for G-Scale outdoor railway - Rough  

dsteele
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile
How do I go about learning the name, if any, of the UP division that passes by my house? I live in Peoria, IL. I've spent quite a bit of time on the UP website and know trains start/end in the Greater Chicago area and the Greater St. Louis area. Just wondering how the UP names or refers to segments or divisions of trackage.

Thanks!

Dennis

billb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Dennis,
I have a UP employee timetable from Oct 1995 that shows Peoria on the Peoria Sub of the Iowa Service Unit(what UP calls their divisions).I don't know if it's the same now or not.Updated timetables are easy to find.If you get Trains magazine,there are several ads for timetables for sale.

Have a good one.

Bill Burge
Marion,Iowa

billb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Dennis,
I have a UP employee timetable from Oct 1995 that shows Peoria on the Peoria Sub of the Iowa Service Unit(what UP calls their divisions).I don't know if it's the same now or not.Updated timetables are easy to find.If you get Trains magazine,there are several ads for timetables for sale.

Have a good one.

Bill Burge
Marion,Iowa

dsteele
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  3:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Bill. Appreciate the reply and the info on the name and the tip on timetables.

Small world. I lived in Marion for ten years before we moved outside of CR and near Mt. Vernon where I graduated high school.

Thanks again!

Dennis

dsteele
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  3:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Bill. Appreciate the reply and the info on the name and the tip on timetables.

Small world. I lived in Marion for ten years before we moved outside of CR and near Mt. Vernon where I graduated high school.

Thanks again!

Dennis

billb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Dennis,
Yes it is a small world!I've lived in this area for the last 13 years,5 of those here in Marion.We just purchased the house that we've been renting those past 5.So now I have a 13 year old ranch style house with a beautiful basement all to myself.I need to frame and insulate the basement walls and then start work on 2 layouts,an HO C&NW for my son and an O scale for me.

Have a good one.

Bill Burge
Marion,Iowa

billb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Dennis,
Yes it is a small world!I've lived in this area for the last 13 years,5 of those here in Marion.We just purchased the house that we've been renting those past 5.So now I have a 13 year old ranch style house with a beautiful basement all to myself.I need to frame and insulate the basement walls and then start work on 2 layouts,an HO C&NW for my son and an O scale for me.

Have a good one.

Bill Burge
Marion,Iowa

Previous Topic: Does Wyoming coal pass through Chicago? Topic Next Topic: Layout plans for G-Scale outdoor railway - Rough  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000