Railroad Line Forums - Rapid Phototyping
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 70 ]  [ Total: 74 ]  [ Newest Member: Stationmaster665 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Rapid Phototyping
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: City Images Topic Next Topic: Text in Photos  

rrkreitler
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  10:54:03 AM  Show Profile
With all the discussion lately of using software and photos I thought I would share this idea....

You probably have heard of "rapid prototyping" where you make fast, sometimes crude, models of some item to test some design aspect.

I like to use digital pics to do this for modeling ideas. If you have two or more photos of different elements, taken from roughly the same perspective, that you would like to include in your concept, sometimes you can use photo software to create rapid prototype "photos" to test a modeling idea.

For example I am brain storming a diorama concept that would be the result of a kitbash of a commercial kit and a scratch built portion of another structure I saw on another layout. Using graphics software (I like Macromedia's Fireworks) and a couple photos I can create digital mock ups to see if the idea is even remotely feasible....

While not perfect, it does allow me to see if the concept is worth spending more time on. This photo only took me a couple minutes to put together.

Thanks,
Dave K in NB

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  10:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Cool Dave - neat idea. I do wish I could afford real rapid prototyping though.

Joe <><

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  10:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Cool Dave - neat idea. I do wish I could afford real rapid prototyping though.

Joe <><

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile
Dave, that is a great idea. This is one that I would probably not have thought of on my own.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile
Dave, that is a great idea. This is one that I would probably not have thought of on my own.

Previous Topic: City Images Topic Next Topic: Text in Photos  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000