Railroad Line Forums - For sale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 62 ]  [ Total: 65 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 For sale
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: N scale layout at NNGC Topic Next Topic: N-scale Brick  

smason2
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  12:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi folks,

After much soul searching, I have decided to sell the Clinchfield layout.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with it, the Clinchfield is an "N" scale model railroad build by the late Gordon Odegard, and the staff of Model Railroader Magazine in the mid 1970's. It appeared in several issues of the magazine from 1977 through 1978.

It traveled throughout the country with the Greenberg Shows, and was the grand prize in a contest sponsored by Model Railroader Magazine. It has been owned by several private parties including Jimmy Deignan who traded it to me for restoring the Pennsy Layout.

This layout is in fantastic shape. The trackwork is top notch. It utilizes Peco track and turnouts. Either the switch machines were never installed, or they have been removed, but the turnouts all have holes for them.

The scenery was refurbished a few years ago by Dave Frary, and I did some minor work on it when I brought it here. The original trains come with this layout.

The electronics package works, but the new owner may want to update it. The layout could be converted to DCC easily.

I would love to keep this railroad, but I really don't have room for it, and my interests lie in HO scale. This is a museum piece, a breakthrough project layout for the magazine, and one of the finest projects ever undertaken by MR.

It is important to me that this railroad go to an appropriate place. Ideally, I would like to see a club or railroad museum purchase it, and display it so that others can appreciate this fine work. I will consider selling it to a private party only if I am comfortable that that person has the ability and/or means to keep the layout in sound, working order.

Due to the size of the layout (6' x 13') the new owner must pick up or arrange for shipping. Due to the fragile nature of any model railroad, it would be my strong suggestion that the new owner pick this up himself.

There are no shipping crates for this railroad, and unfortunately, I do not have the time to make them.

If you are serious about purchasing this layout, or know some one or some organization that is, and you would like to arrange a visit to view it, please PM me, and I will provide a phone number where I may be reached.

I will be placing this railroad on E-Bay, but will consider ending the auction early if a RRL member is interested.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Previous Topic: N scale layout at NNGC Topic Next Topic: N-scale Brick  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000