Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Showcase of FSM kits built by us, for George

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ensign Posted - 10/29/2013 : 9:46:14 PM
Hi everyone,I was thinking that it would be nice to honor George Sellios in his retirement year.
Let's show him what we have done,with his great kits!
By creating this thread featuring everyone's favorite FSM kits they have built through the years.
All shown here, in one place.It would even be great if we could have photo's posted of every kit George ever manufactured!
Just a way of thanking George for his marvelous contribution to our hobby, over the years!

I have built many of his kits through the years,but If I had to pick a favorite one,it would definitely have to be his "Emporium Seafood" kit#290.
I added a couple of changes to my version of it,and even changed the name to Captain Nemo's Emporium Seafood.
So to get things rolling here are some pics of what I did with this now classic FSM kit.

Greg Shinnie
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nelson458 Posted - 04/20/2018 : 4:54:41 PM
Thank you Rich, yes, that boiler was a lot of fun to build. It wasn't my first, however. Did one for a Case steam Tractor too.
David J Buchholz Posted - 04/08/2018 : 11:06:29 AM
Such inspiration. Not only in George's kits, but the artistry that each of you have presented in your builds.

Thank you George.
Thank you all.

Dave
Rochester NY
Pennman Posted - 04/08/2018 : 10:01:43 AM
Fantastic modeling done here by all contributors!!

Tony,

I just love that boiler you modeled from the prototype at the Steam show. Right down to its concrete base and rust on the tank, and its fittings are truly amazing. I am saving those pictures for future reference.

Well, I might as well upload one of mine too. This was FSM Elijah Roth's, scratchbuild I did for the "Geezer" (Bill Anderson) Tribute roject.

And my scratchbuilt FSM Emporium Seafood diorama.

Rich
Nelson458 Posted - 04/02/2018 : 6:23:45 PM
Another of my favorites is Cooper's Garage. This is a kit I actually bought and built, then sold. But later, I missed it, and decided to build another, but different (of course).

I wanted to add a roof, and early on in the build, thought about a small machine shop, the premise being that the garage was doing so well, and some parts were hard to get ahold of, and that it was decided to build that a small machine shop was needed to make the parts, as well as parts for other business's.

So they cut a section out, built a concrete foundation, bought some machines and acquired a steam boiler from a defunct narrow gauge line, and was in business.

The yellow hoist is scratchbuilt out of brass which is a copy of one we have (had?) at work for lifting heavy chucks out of machines. I haven't seen it in a long while, so I am glad I got the chance to photograph it when I did.

I re-named it after my step son, Michael Bulger.

Nelson458 Posted - 04/01/2018 : 4:29:33 PM
Thought I would share some pictures of one of my favorites. I wasn't able to purchase this kit as I was out of the country for a 6 year period, and wasn't even able to see what was being offered until I got back. Even then, I only had magazine ads to help me. It wasn't until sometime after I got my first computer that I was able to search them out. So most of my models had to be scratchbuilt.

This one, Swakhammer's, was also published (13 pages I think) in the Modeler's Annual by Westlake Publishing.

The steam boiler I built out of styrene and brass fittings following the prototype of one at Pawnee, Oklahoma, at a steam and traction show they have ever year.

This is the real stem boiler I modeled:

Download Attachment: 01.jpg
138.56 KB

Download Attachment: 02.jpg
121.2 KB
Jan Kirkwood Posted - 03/29/2018 : 5:58:03 PM
I love all of the pictures, I will save this thread.

Jan
Jan Kirkwood Posted - 03/29/2018 : 5:57:29 PM
I love all of the pictures, I will save this thread.

Jan
Michael Hohn Posted - 03/29/2018 : 09:11:15 AM
Excellent work, Greg, Michael and Gregg. As an observer I tend to agree with Gregg: I most like the FSM railroad structures. Add to that the pile driver. I like seeing them all however.

I hope this thread continues to come to life every so often.

Mike

GreggW Posted - 03/29/2018 : 01:40:01 AM
This is a wonderful "Tribute to George". I, like many/most of you, was inspired by George, his kits, his ideas, his creativity and his attention to detail. So many great kits for so many years, which no one truly appreciates until you see the many kit builds here. I am happy to add a few more examples. First a few not yet shown, like,

This kitbash of the Rollin Saywer Chemical Co. kit:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23308

next, builds of the Stuffy's Brewery and Jefferies Point kits (in the foreground): http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22998

G. Willikers:

Butcher's Way kitbash:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28560&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=butchers%2Cway

but my favorites will always be his many railyard structure kits:

Thanks George, for all you have done.

Gregg
Nelson458 Posted - 03/26/2018 : 4:58:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

quote:

Greg, would it be ok to post the FSM models I scratchbuilt? Or do you want to keep it to his kits only? I would understand. At this time, I am trying to locate my photos of my few I built as kits.

Lots of really great models here. And great modeling. Fun to look at them at anytime.

Tony, I don't have a problem with that, after all you were inspired to build them yourself because of George's original designs.
So please do share them with us!

Greg

Thanks Greg, you are right about me being inspired, most of what I have built is due to me not being able to afford the kits at the time, or I started in buying them later and couldn't get them anymore. Thanks.
Graffen Posted - 03/25/2018 : 4:55:07 PM
My version of the FSM engine house.

Ensign Posted - 03/25/2018 : 4:14:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

quote:

Greg, would it be ok to post the FSM models I scratchbuilt? Or do you want to keep it to his kits only? I would understand. At this time, I am trying to locate my photos of my few I built as kits.

Lots of really great models here. And great modeling. Fun to look at them at anytime.

Tony, I don't have a problem with that, after all you were inspired to build them yourself because of George's original designs.
So please do share them with us!

Greg
sgtbob Posted - 03/25/2018 : 2:37:51 PM
GREAT IDEA Greg. I have never built one of his kits (wrong scale for me)
but I sure do enjoy seeing what you guys do with them.

Bob
Nelson458 Posted - 03/25/2018 : 1:48:45 PM
quote:

Ensign Posted - 03/25/2018 : 12:40:14 PM
My latest FSM build Jewel series No.1 "The Pile Driver"
Built as a tribute to my forum friend, Bill Gill.

Greg Shinnie

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000