Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: AllanJSmith ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George D Posted - 11/04/2010 : 2:46:22 PM
Our last thread of introductions grew to a whopping 100 pages. I guess itís time to start a new thread.

Mike C provided the original guidance for this thread which works pretty well.

It's really great getting to know one another. If you're a new member (or even an old one who never replied to the original thread), please take a few moments and introduce yourself to us here.

1) Where do you live?
2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?
3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?
4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?
5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?
6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?
7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?
8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.
9) Post your picture - if you dare.

If you want to see how others answered the questions, the last thread is here: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8297&whichpage=1

George
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robchant Posted - 05/19/2018 : 07:11:57 AM
Hi Allan,

Welcome aboard! Glad you stuck around and joined ... you will find the crew on this forum just as helpful as the Small/Micro Layout Facebook group.

Take care,
Rob.
Dutchman Posted - 05/19/2018 : 06:39:18 AM
Allan, welcome to the Forum and the hobby. We hope that you enjoy your time here.
AllanJSmith Posted - 05/18/2018 : 8:42:35 PM
Hi my name is Allan and I live in Napier, New Zealand. I become a model railroader about 5 years ago (and bought up large on the internet) after collecting LEGO for 25 years and wanted a change in hobby. I model HO Santa Fe in the late 1950's. I do not have a layout due to apartment living but want to build a hollow core door switching layout based around a Swift meat packing plant. I have recently joined a Napier model railroad club so that I can run my locos and rolling stock. I enjoy doing the research for my HCD layout and have started doing scenery work on the club layout. I have yet to build any kits or do weathering. My locos are all DCC sound. I hope this forum can help me with understanding the USA style of railroading compared to NZ. PS I still collect LEGO :)
wagnmkr Posted - 02/24/2018 : 08:13:29 AM
Thanks Mark, Happy to be here.

Tom
potsy Posted - 02/23/2018 : 08:42:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Tom

Mark
wagnmkr Posted - 02/23/2018 : 07:35:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

George D, yes, it is very overwhelming, but I am managing to get my head around some of it.

I am sure there will be the usual 5000 questions on my part.

Cheers

Tom
tloc Posted - 02/22/2018 : 8:59:58 PM
Welcome Tom. There is lots of good advice here if you want to ask and a great bunch of guys.

Enjoy the journey
TomO
George D Posted - 02/22/2018 : 8:30:28 PM
Welcome aboard, Tom. I'm sure you're almost overwhelmed by the changes that have occurred since the 50's. There are a few of us around here that remember model railroading back then.

George
wagnmkr Posted - 02/22/2018 : 06:32:18 AM
My Name is Tom,and I enjoy building stuff. I live in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada and have the good fortune of having some excellent modelers in my area.

I have been playing with trains for two or three days now ( last time was nearly 65 years ag0) and things have changed a lot.

I am interested in On30 simply because of the freedom of it.

I have no idea what I will build yet ... likely something in the logging/mining line. It won't be large either (he says).

For now, I am reading and absorbing, and trying to build me a flat car at the moment.

Cheers

Tom
George D Posted - 02/21/2018 : 3:26:33 PM
Welcome aboard, Adam. "this seems like the best place to be for some support and knowledge." You're absolutely right!

Thanks for taking time to introduce yourself.

George
Adamantish Posted - 02/21/2018 : 2:15:28 PM
Hi everyone, new member here from St. Louis, MO. Iíve been lurking for a while, and Iíve visited this forum off and on over the years. Iím getting back into the hobby after a 20+ year absence, and I find myself interested in doing craftsman types kits and scratchbuilding. Iíve never done either of those, but this seems like the best place to be for some support and knowledge. I donít currently have a layout, and Iím unlikely to have one for a while, but Iíd like to build HO scale dioramas with an eye toward incorporating them into a layout sometime in the (probably far) future. I grew up in southern WV with some N&W tracks literally in my front yard so have a soft spot for that railroad since I saw those trains multiple times a day from age 0 to 11. I also had a great grandfather and grandfather that worked for the Virginian so I have some interest in that railroad for family history reasons. Once I have a little more confidence I'd like to try to build the VGN station that was in Page, WV. I've already bought the plan sheets from the N&W historical society.

For now, Iíve picked up the Oakwood Station kit from FOS Scale Models and plan on building this as my first non-plastic kit. I thought I should start small, and then if successful Iíll work my way up to more complicated kits. I should probably mention as well that I'm an architect by trade, so I know how a 1:1 building goes together. How that translates into building 1:87 buildings remains to be seen :)

I look forward to participating on the forum.
Adam
MarkF Posted - 11/29/2017 : 09:43:46 AM
Welcome Curtis and Jim. Thanks for your great introductions and I look forward to seeing more of you around the forum.
quartergauger48 Posted - 11/28/2017 : 9:07:32 PM
Again, welcome to the forum Jim and Curtis. Jim, you'll find that you can learn something new every day on this forum, and not juts about model railroading. Jump right in with questions. you will receive many authentic, realistic, answers from more than knowledgeable experienced, craftsmen'. As you have noticed, the comradeship and friendships are genuine. Have fun building that coal run'..
George D Posted - 11/28/2017 : 8:36:09 PM
Welcome aboard, Jim. I'm interested in hearing your way of "how not to do things". I'm tired of making mistakes on my own.

George
Orionvp17 Posted - 11/28/2017 : 5:39:57 PM
Jim,

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of expertise here on all of the stuff that you've mentioned, and more! So settle back, enjoy the ride, and feel free to chime in with questions or comments. We all learn from each other!

Enjoy!

Pete
in Michigan

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000