Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 285 ]  [ Total: 287 ]  [ Newest Member: Junny ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 How to post pictures on the forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rick Posted - 05/16/2012 : 4:08:44 PM
Here are some threads to help with posting pictures here at Railroad-Line.
There is also some general tips listed to help with the posting of pictures.

How to Post a Photo - REVISED 12/23/06 - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

How to resize photos for posting at RRL - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5383

posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18629

Posting pictures to the forum and file size - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36807

Usually the two biggest problems as to why a picture won't post is size and naming convention.

Keep the long side of a picture at 800 pixels and save at a medium resolution.

Use only letters and numbers when you name your picture.

If you have any other questions let us know.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Railrunner130 Posted - 08/14/2017 : 11:14:48 AM
Thanks. I found that Photobucket seems to still allow me to post photos. It's a royal pain getting the addresses correct and there's a photo it won't properly orient, no matter what I do. But the dimensions are nice and the allowable sizes are still larger.
ed k Posted - 08/13/2017 : 10:14:01 PM
I must pay attention to this. Thank you.
ed
Michael Hohn Posted - 08/13/2017 : 3:43:05 PM
That's not the kind of message I get uploading a file that is too large. I get something like:

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'
Operation not Allowed
/forum/outputFile.asp, line 13

Your file is too large but I don't think that is generating the error. Do you get the error uploading the image or when you try to post your message?

Mike
Carrie Creek Posted - 08/13/2017 : 3:02:22 PM
Your file size needs to be under 200k. The forum adds about 10 k thru the posting process. Reducing the picture so that the file size is correct makes the pic too small. You need to reduce the resolution down.
Railrunner130 Posted - 08/13/2017 : 1:40:03 PM
With the Photobucket issues, I am forced to upload to website galleries instead of a central location where pics can be divied out as I see fit....

Anyhow, in trying to upload here, I get "Invalid character or bad word in any of the text fields. Please correct and try again." no matter what I do... The photo I am trying to upload I downsized to max 800 pixels and the file is something like 451K. I removed the dash in the file name and even renamed it SB1.jpg.

What the heck am I missing?
kyle creel Posted - 12/28/2016 : 11:00:53 PM
Amen brutha.!!!! I quit passing notes in JR HIGH in 1969. I kinda like the sound o' th' HUMAN VOICE myself. Lots to learn from listening. Nice to know I ain't alone!
leeflan Posted - 12/28/2016 : 5:50:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kyle creel

Thanx a bunch. That explains it, I've never sent or gotten any texts. I just use my phone for a......t e l e p h o n e. Hmmm, thought that's what they were for; silly me. Oh well ya'll have fun, I'm gonna go run some trains.

ROFL! (Rolling On Floor Laughing) I'm with you, Kyle. My family keeps asking to text or send videos to my "smart" phone. To me, a smart phone is one that works.

Steve Flanigan
kyle creel Posted - 12/27/2016 : 8:48:33 PM
Thanx a bunch. That explains it, I've never sent or gotten any texts. I just use my phone for a......t e l e p h o n e. Hmmm, thought that's what they were for; silly me. Oh well ya'll have fun, I'm gonna go run some trains.
robert goslin Posted - 12/27/2016 : 5:00:03 PM
Kyle, it's text talk and means 'In My Opinion'. Some also use IMHO. the H is 'Humble".
kyle creel Posted - 12/27/2016 : 4:31:57 PM
P.S. what does IMO mean?
kyle creel Posted - 12/27/2016 : 4:29:40 PM
Happy New Year, and I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Still haven't found those pictures I took (but I did give up lookin' back around Halloween) anyways, I hope ya'll are havin' a wonderful Holiday season and keep playin' with the TRAINS!!!!!!!!! Kyle
jbelwood Posted - 12/13/2016 : 2:58:19 PM
I have successfully resized my photos but when I go to post I get a space after opt. The downloaded photo doesn't have that space. Advise.

John
kyle creel Posted - 09/05/2016 : 6:07:33 PM
You guy's are great for trying to help me, and it's much appreciated; however you lost me because I didn't put any pictures on the computer in the first place, so I have no idea where they are. The guy that gave me the computer put everything on it and I don't know where to find them. Understand, I don't know how to operate this machine. All I know how to do is what someone has 'hands on' shown me. I can't look at what you're showing me, read and understand it and do it on the computer simultaneously because I don't know how to have more than one thing on the screen at a time. Every time I try to do that, somehow I mess around and lose everything I was looking at. It's a bit like trying to teach someone to assemble a locomotive kit speaking a foreign language over the phone; and you can only look at the pictures one at a time once he mails one to you. It's OK though, it ain't the end of the world. Someday I'll meet someone that knows how to do this stuff and maybe they'll show me. Ya'll are too kind to an "old fart" who has grown comfortable "living under his rock". And actually it ain't so bad under here; after all I got a real cool 12x20 On30 layout, cable TV, hot coffee, and lotsa good friends. Kyle
Nelson458 Posted - 09/05/2016 : 1:40:51 PM
Kyle,
I also have just a flip phone, so we both have something in common, at least. XnView is a programme that can easily re-size and change photos. Very easy. Here is the web site to download it.
http://www.xnview.com/en/

As for putting pictures on the computer from the camera, what I do is first open "pictures" the folder that you keep pictures in. Then I right click on the folder and click "open in NEW WINDOW", which will give you 2 open folders. In one of them, create a new folder (by clicking "new folder" and name it what you want, "model pics" if you want). When you plug in your camera to the computer as you did before, go to the other PICTURES window you opened, and a file will open up on the left column showing your camera. Click on it to open it, to get to the pictures. Then I highlight all the pictures I want to copy, click COPY, and go to other folder you created and PASTE the pictures.

I can fully understand your dilemma, and sympathize. I hope I am explaining it so you can understand, try not to get frustrated, after you have done it a few times, it will become easy. If you have any questions, just ask, we are here to help.

kyle creel Posted - 09/05/2016 : 09:39:51 AM
Thanx for the information. Unfortunately, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know anything about programs, or anything else. I can't even get pictures from my camera to my computer. When my friend at work gave me this computer he said it had windows 10 (whatever that is). My old one had windows xp; which I guess was not good. So when the thing died he gave me this one. But with the old one all I had to do was plug this little cord into the computer from my camera and something called the wizard came on the screen and did everything else. I think ya'll are presuming I know more than I do. I've had NO training of any kind, nor have I had to keep up with this stuff. Fellas, I use a Flip Phone, have never sent a text, do not 'do' social media in any form, nor do I plan to. I just enjoy looking at pictures of the things ya'll have done, and wished from time to time I was able to bring something for 'SHOW and TELL'. By the way what's an xnview? Anyway, since high school (1972) I've only ever REALLY LEARNED to do things I was interested in, or required for a paycheck. Other than that, I watch football, mow the yard, and play with my trains. So I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on. Have a nice Labor Day. Kyle

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000