Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13137 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few more from eBay.
They have the distinctive mark in the lower right corner that you would have to remove.

The first one comes with bullet holes.

And last a couple for Ken to use with the Walker Brothers.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5842 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  10:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of beautiful signs to choose from ...think I'd better save this thread .

Terry
Go to Top of Page

Chuck Doan
Fireman

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here are some signs from an older supply house catalog. Some have a hand made look that I like.
The black background is supposed to be red according to the catalog, so you creative Photoshoppers can alter them if you want. Sorry for some bleed through from the other side, should be fixable if you use these.

Chuck D.

Edited by - Chuck Doan on 07/16/2005 11:18:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tombanjo
Engine Wiper

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Doan

Here are some signs from an older supply house catalog. Some have a hand made look that I like.
The black background is supposed to be red according to the catalog, so you creative Photoshoppers can alter them if you want. Sorry for some bleed through from the other side, should be fixable if you use these.

Chuck D.

Thanks Chuck, and thanks to everyone who is posting here, this resource should be stickied, there's something here for everyone and it is

Dave
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  9:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, I believe you read my mind. I decided yesterday to make this thread a sticky but hadn't gotten to it yet. Now it is.

This is one of those "resource rich" topics that most likely will stay active for a long time.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern
Go to Top of Page

mikethetrainman
Fireman

USA
1643 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  11:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Everyone,
I have been away for a week or so and this thread is a great thread. Thanks everyone who has posted great signs here. Some I already have and some I didn't. Those are now saved to the hard drive. One of my things is gas stations so here are a few signs.

If any one is interested I have over a gig of signs I have collected off the internet. I will be glad to post more if you want.

Mike Mace
Northern Division of the Santa Fe

Edited by - mikethetrainman on 07/16/2005 11:54:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

slimjerkins
Fireman

USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike - Now I'll have my plea for help after botching up my Perkins decal hanging around for all eternity.

[:-dunce][:-dunce][:-dunce]

Seriously though this couldn't be a more timely topic for me.

I have a Canon photo printer that does a superb job on glossy paper. I'm going to see if they have a matte finish paper available. I assume that matte paper would be the choice for a "painted on" sign?

Tim - thanks for the Kentucky Cardinal image. I think I'm going to base my "Pop's Produce" design on that one. BTW we called my grandfather "Pop" so this'll be the start of the family businesses for the pike.

I was at Michael's yesterday picking up a new hose for the airbrush when I noticed the lady behind me buying a calendar that had that same graphic on it. It must have been a sign [:-eyebrows]. Now I'm going to dust off my Adobe Illustrator book and learn a thing or two.

Steve - we had hambuglars for dinner last night. That sign is great! I think I'm gonna "steal" it. . . [:-devil]
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
19836 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic thread. I like the idea of making it a sticky. Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I don't have a large collection of signs on my computer but here are a few.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

shortliner
Engine Wiper

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for suitable pictures to decorate your Garage calenders try <http://www.imagenetion.com/> Look in the first section for Antonio Vargas - (you probably saw his work in Playboy) Also down the bottom of the listing there are vintage signs (Coca Cola) and movie stars. One step up You'll find "Soda Pop girls" which will make good adverts. You can probably do screen grabs of thumbnails which will be just about right for HO. Another section is Trains Of America. BE WARNED - there is also some nekkidness!
Go to Top of Page

Mikey
New Hire

11 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mikey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Because of the recent interest, I thought I'd let you know that you lit a fire uner me and I've added twenty-five new signs to the collection. Look in the new signs page at

www.trainweb.org/tylick/index.html

If there is interest, I'll be sure to post when more are added. Thanks for your great response.

Mikey T

Happy rails,

Mikey T

www.trainweb.org/tylick
Go to Top of Page

ETinBH
Fireman

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, guys,and particularly MIkey, I have been watching this thread with great interest as I was the collector of thousands of signs. Lost them all a few weeks ago due to a double disaster, one of them loosing a hard drive and the other a write/copy error that resulted in loosing everything backed up, including all my pictures of my modeling, etc. So, MIkey, any chance you might want to help a poor soul beyond your generosity so far? I am already accumulating lots here but when you mentioned gigs of signs, well, that made this dude salivate. Needless to say, I would want to share any good fortune you pass my way with the rest of the group by whatever means I can.

Elliott
Go to Top of Page

Peterpools
Engineer

USA
12335 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  7:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For all those old enough to remmeber:

Go to Top of Page

leeflan
Fireman

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  10:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the early 90's, there was an outfit called Classic Signs Ltd. that produced sheets of really great signs from the 1880's through the 1950's. Unfortunately, they quickly went out of business, but not before I was able to scarf up close to a dozen sheets. The full size signs tend to be a little large for HO, so I mostly run them through reduce mode on the color copier at work.

Since the company is out of business, I don't think we have any problems with copyright, especially if we're not using them for commercial purposes. But, if anyone complains we can always delete them. Hope you enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

jknapp
Fireman

USA
2510 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW!! Thanks Steve!!

John Knapp
Sellersville, PA

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/photo_album_cat.asp?sqldtl=1292
Go to Top of Page

Tombanjo
Engine Wiper

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  11:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, Thanks
One of the things I like about that sheet is they actually indicate years sign was used. If you have anymore please share, esp earlier years.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000