Sunday lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tloc
Fireman

USA
3920 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, I donít see Jim in the online viewing group. The coffee is ready, Thermite Blend, itís hot and outside is hot so why not? Cold sodas, iced teas, hot tea, k-cups and iced water are here to. Paper plates per Jim but real silverware per me. Appropriate bins are clearly labeled. Fresh fruit, toast, English muffins, warm donuts. Enjoy.

The deck in Wisconsin is currently 76, the humidity is already oppressive that I should have stayed in bed. The high will be in the 90ís with the index again 100+. A great indoor day in Wisconsin till the T-storms arrive around 5pm if they show. Have a great day, stay cool and safe.

TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7989 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Looks like it's going to be another nice day today.
Toast and tea with coffee later. We'll head out after "virtual" on-line Mass today (gland with this is over) and head out to Chili's for lunch and Chicken Fajitas.

Finally got my 3D printer issues solved by rolling back both the Firmware in each printer and the Software used to send jogs to them. The new software is designed more for the newest machines and doesn't do good with the older ones. Trying to force people to buy new equipment is their idea I Feel. Now I can get in to full production.

Dang squirrel must have springs for legs as he's able to jump almost six feet straight up to get to the bird feeder. I've even shot him a couple of times in the butt with a bee bee and he still comes back.

Well, everyone have a SAFE and FUN time in the Warm Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32662 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is 65 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan. We should get into the upper 80's here today.

I did my yard work yesterday, and our son came over and picked up the logs that the tree guy had left me.

Today should be one for relaxing and spending some time on one of my hobbies.

Have a great day!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
16189 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  08:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Thanks for opening, Tom. We're going to be in the upper 90's, so after a bike ride it will be indoor activities.

I started working on ties yesterday and plan to continue today. It's a slow process, but seeing the progress is rewarding.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5570 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  11:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! I saw Tom keyboarding that iPad and headed out early to put some Poison Ivy killer down while there was no wind. I am 'insensitive' to it, but the little Missus just looks at it, and... It gets worse each year. So I built some hillbilly rig to apply the stuff directly on the vines and not wipe out everything else. I have to laugh to myself, every time I use that 'insensitive' word. I had a former boss call me that one time, after I fired an employee for showing up to work in his pajamas drunk as a skunk. He should have been wearing wingtips!

Well, after a Hollywood shower, I'm ready to start making some racks for the 55 gal. drums I made and painted yesterday.

Walt, you need 'Virtual' lunch after 'Virtual' Mass.

Have a Super day! Stay cool.

Jim

Take the red pill
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3920 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  6:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good late afternoon in Wisconsin (Central time zone). There is a 39% chance of rain, but the 100% that is falling is basically sideways and the neighbors trampoline moved about 60í like a flying saucer or frisbee. Jim, you werenít showing in the online users, R U the anonymous guy? Lol...

Pete and Karl, you have the leading edge of the same storm from per Weather Channel radar.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 07/26/2020 6:25:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7312 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  6:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening, All!

Tom, the line just went through here, loudly, but without any noticeable collateral damage, as I'm still waiting for the engineering so I can get the contractor in motion to stbilize the hillside and keep my house where it belongs on the hill above the Bay. Temps have dropped below 80, finally, and the "feels like" has gone from three figures to below 80 as well, but the humidity is still way up there and the A/C should probably be back on. Bleah!

And I just heard that a prominent model railroader passed today from complications of Covid-19. Condolences to his family and friends....

Stay safe, All.

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
11381 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  7:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drove thru some light rain a couple of times on the way to and across da Yoop We missed the fireworks but upon arrival found massive amounts of water in place never seen before. That was in town, Manistique, and upon arrival at the bed in a box found there to be 6-8 inches of water all around it. Within an inch of the door step. Out of the woods itís all Rollin like Sweet Maryís River...

Just made a trip to town to a dollar store sheíd just called for their hours and walked in and got chewed out for not knowing they were closed for remodeling. What a world boy I donít get no respect Iíll tell ya.

Off now to get a burger at a drive in she called and said they were open. Weíll see.

Suns out and itís 75 with 95 on the humids gage.

Good luck with the project Pete. Quite a bit of erosion everywhere around the lower and upper.

Yeah! Burger joint is open!

Goodevnin yíall eh!?

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/26/2020 7:31:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5570 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  8:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Good late afternoon in Wisconsin (Central time zone). There is a 39% chance of rain, but the 100% that is falling is basically sideways and the neighbors trampoline moved about 60í like a flying saucer or frisbee. Jim, you werenít showing in the online users, R U the anonymous guy? Lol...

Pete and Karl, you have the leading edge of the same storm from per Weather Channel radar.

TomO

Huh?

Take the red pill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 20.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000