Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5272 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, lurkers, and guests to the railroad-line lounge. You can always count on a free cup of coffee, today it's our Railbender blend. A variety of no-cal breakfast specials, today it's cream cheese and strawberry stuffed waffles and bacon. All folks are welcome to join in. Right now we're only open at the drive-thru, but while we have the time, some renovation is going on inside. We are adding a few new display cases for the fantastic models that have been built over the past few years. All this is of course only in the virtual world. But, the models shown on these forums are the outstanding work by many of our members. If you are not a member, join us.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

potsy
Crew Chief

639 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  08:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and incoming crew I'll try a decaf this morning nothing new to report except treating a covid19 Patience at our local hospital she traveled to known covid19 area then came back home not smart. only one so far small town of around 15000. it's sunny and 42 going 60 today with showers late tonight here in SE Ohio

That's all folks stay safe

Mark
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15840 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. I'm passing on your no-cal specials. They're not working.

It's in the 50's in Tidewater Virginia, but no rain today. I have to start painting my boxcar today and I'm planning another project, so I have plenty to keep me busy while in quarantine.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32306 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  08:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We are in the mid-40's under partly sunny skies and will go just north of 55 degrees this afternoon. It should be pleasant taking our walk this afternoon.

We just watched a herd of a dozen deer grazing on the farmer's hay field. It looked like they were practicing social distancing.

Yesterday I switched from working on the oil derrick to working on the scratch built water tower. I want to get that job finished up, so I'll be back at it today. I need to locate some supplies in order to do that, and I have yet to discover where they were packed away during the move.[:-banghead]

Have a great day!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7952 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Mark, George and the rest of the "stay in place" RR-L Crew. Hope to be a warm day today and also sunny as well. 47F and overcast right now.

Breakfast looks good Jim but I'll go with my Oatmeal and tea. Cut back yesterday and actually lost a pound so I'll keep up with that regimen.

We have a number of cases here in Hamilton County IN. We're right next door to Indy which has the highest in the state. No one I know has contracted it so far. Hope it stays that way for everyone.

Everyone have a Fun, Safe and Healthy day in the Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3645 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim thanks for opening and manning the drive thru. I’ll skip your breakfast and go for a diet soda. 11#s lost since 3/8/2020 when the doctor and I had a review of my labs via computer interactions.

Well the house will be relisted as we came to agreement to release the buyers, not happy but satisfied we didn’t get screwed. Per their attorney the wife is getting better but her husband hasn’t changed. He said the wife says the medical services in Italy are wonderful but overwhelmed. We wish them well. Two houses in these not normal times, not what we wanted.

We took the ATV down to the greenhouses and checked in on the ladies and walked back. Terry’s manager said the 4 interns are living with her since the dorms at UW closed. This is my 1st trip to the greenhouses since January, the ladies have been busy. Lettuce, onion, carrots, plus a couple others I can’t remember beside the hydrophonic tomatoes are now growing. There is another 250# of tomatoes to be delivered to one of the food panties.

“Safer at Home” is mandated by the State of Wisconsin. Better safe then sorry but this not going out is getting tougher. My daughter said the neighborhood park had yellow police tape wrapped around the slides, bars, picnic tables and other things. They were out for a walk and they do have some stuff at home but thought they’d visit the park but it didn’t work out the way they wanted.

Be safe out there
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 03/26/2020 09:42:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
11053 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  11:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We’ve been practicing safety at home for the most part. Quite the combo, the Doll is a people person, currently in Facebook withdrawal and still burning the ether with the phone, if we were still on a per minute cell phone my next bill would rival a house payment, or even what the cost is now of a medium sized car. She’s locked in a box with a old curmudgeon.....poor girl.

We did commit felonious quarantine violation yesterday, drove into town so she could put a note in the drop box at the City Hall and then had a jailhouse like visit in the parking lot next door to the daughter’s house, daughter and granddaughter came out and with the sun roof open but windows up they chatted with the Doll. Made a quick pass by the drive up at the arches and then right back home. Here in MI the stay in place order has been in effect a few days now. We’ve been practicing it for about 10 days. There is no big “gotcha” by law enforcement or anyone. It sure is quiet around.

Sorry about the folks that were buying the house, TomO, my sale of my mother’s place went on a roller coaster all summer last year. The proper time and place will be in alignment when it’s right. Fresh tomatoes sound good, even hydroponic pseudoscientific ones.

I had some luck getting some of the parts on the SD40T-2 you all are getting tired of hearing about, I’m sure. I was able to corral all the flying parts from the day before and cover up the glue smear with the snow plow....getting close. Then comes sound programming. For goodness sake anyone out there that thinks you’ll save a buck or two putting in their own....think thrice about it with one of the Scaletrains Rivit Counter models....

Well, things todo. Everyone sit still and chill.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/26/2020 12:22:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Crew Chief

Canada
893 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  12:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening the drive-thru, Jim. Your service is much appreciated.

Our province, Ontario, is in a state of emergency with non-essential services cancelled. In our city, Kingston, we have about 14 confirmed case in the local health unit's catchment. Day 7 of our mandatory self-isolation. There are a few dog walkers out during the day. Otherwise quiet. Have only ventured out for some fresh air in our backyard, and to put out the trash and recycling.

Model railroading has been passing the time here. I have been working on my T-Trak modules - finally. The other project is to delve into JRMI a bit further interfacing with my DCC systems.

Have a great day everyone.

Stay, safe, stay healthy, stay positive,

Michael

Edited by - Michael on 03/26/2020 12:02:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Faire to Midland
New Hire

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Gentlemen.

Cool and mostly cloudy in the four corners this morning. Day 4 of furlough for me.

I have been spending a lot of time out in the workshop these last couple days. No exciting projects or progress, but the shop has long been piled high with all the unsorted detrius of a hurried move, which I'm finally clearing away. I am thankful to finally have some time to get the space cleaned out and organized and I've been making use of it this week.

Unfortunately, it's not heated out there except by a small propane heater. I burned through all the propane I had in the last couple days. Haven't decided whether I want to venture out for more or not. If I don't, it will be a boring day I'm sure. If I do, I will want to stop by the lumberyard too.... Have a hard time calling that essential, but I know me and I tend to get in trouble with nothing to do.....

Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

MarkF
Engineer

USA
13752 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  2:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon crew! Another day, and another day at home. Is anyone else going stir crazy yet?

Actually I had to go out to my bank this morning to get a document notarized for work. Working from home is not easier as some people suggest, at least when it comes to real estate work. But it was good to get out of the house for a little while. Kind of strange though. The roads were empty!

I have been spending more time than usual downstairs and plan to go down again today. I'm taking advantage of the downtime to get some more scenery work done. Normally my op session would be scheduled for next Friday, but under the current situation, I guess I have about three months until my next session, so I might as well make a mess!

Have a great day everyone!

Mark

Edited by - MarkF on 03/26/2020 2:14:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000