Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

deemery
Fireman

USA
8836 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  08:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My question is whether DigiCompuTron-A-Matics employs a retired Sergeant Major to make sure all the blinds are set at the same height on each floor :-) :-)

(Looks good!)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
7202 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Youíre making good progress, James. Itís going to be very impressive when finished.
Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Engineer

Canada
9036 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  11:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James, wonderful work on piecing that altogether.
Looks super!

Greg Shinnie
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6801 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2021 :  10:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was working on a couple of other projects the past two weeks. One stalled, so back to this. I decided I needed a .060 styrene ground floor to help hold the building together as I handle it. Then I finished the employees' entrance hallway.

The photo shows me I need to clean up more of the acrylic craft paint interior wall color where it got on the visible parts of the windows. But I am pleased with how visible the Clever Models B&W tiles are in room light. I plan to light the hall so it's visible at 'night'.
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6801 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  10:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Painting errors are cleaned up, interior floors painted with a gray/blue mix of craft paints, all windows have blinds except the employee entrance. When I thinned the craft paint too much, it put a warp in the foam-core floors when it dried. That's fixed, inelegantly but permanently, now.

I'm still learning to use my new webcam to take layout pictures. I might be able to get this shot with a phone camera, but the webcam just rests on the bridge deck; no gymnastics.

And of course, the photo reveals where the roof doesn't exactly match the coved backdrop. That, too, is fixable. The elevator house/HVAC enclosure it needs on the roof should do. It also needs some antennas. Time to search out some pictures from the appropriate era.
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6801 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  10:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After dinner, I decided how to do the DigiCompuTron-A-Matics elevator house. I tried out some Rix injection molded cinder block parts I'd bought a while back:

I like it: The molded mortar lines say what I'm trying to model from a moderate distance, and the carefully designed interlocking corners fit nicely. The interlocking parts are full block thickness, but the sheet in the middle is about .050 so scribe & snap works well. This used half of a 'medium' piece (~15.5' high by 20' long) and half of a 'small' (10' long). The door is another Rix part. The roof is .040 styrene off-cuts.

Here it is on the roof. I'm thinking about a kerb painted Roofing Tar color for it to sit on. Once I decide about that and get it all painted and installed, I'll go on to the gravel/tar roof itself.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000