Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5029 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  06:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, guests, and lurkers. Snowpocalypse yielded a whoppimg 1.8" of snow. The local WW looked like he fell into depression on the morning's useless news program. Story about a local farmer's missing cow. Well. at least the coffee urn is READY with Superheater blend. The special is a 3 Spartan omelet, with or without gyro meat. All other beverages are available.

I worked on building a grain conveyor for hours yesterday. (HO scale of course) I'm using carbon fiber and it gets a little unwieldly to balance the build temperatures to get a nice finish and still get the strength out of the material. I finished up around midnight, and got some good parts to work with.

I'll see what trouble I can get myself into for today.

Have a Super day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10833 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  07:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plenty of snow here in Michigan, and it will continue throughout the day. I don't have the stick out but it looks like 3 inches or so at 0745.

I'll have a small omelet with the gyro stuff, Jim. Also the local Meijer chain is already selling Paczki pastries, traditionally a Fat Tuesday specialty now a mass produced pastry puck with goo in it. Lemon is what I've got here. We're going to need the superheater blend for sure the next 36 hours as it's going to be the first real cold for most of the winter. No where to go so letting it snow, the crew will go out after it finishes, maybe sometime tomorrow. It appears from the map I saw that the big chill is already on up there in TC where Pete's at. Still 20s here but dropping.

Probably things to do today as soon as I get my wits about me.

Everyone have a good day, stay warm.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7936 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  08:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the RR-L Crew when they crawl into the lounge. 37F, feels like 2F outside. SNOW on the ground, most we've had this year but still not much. What was on the trees already melted off.
I'll have my Oatmeal w/ some Cranraisins thrown in along with a cup of coffee. Down to 171 lbs. which feels good.

Mary has another rehab appointment this afternoon. Seems all we do is schedule doctor appointments lately.

Finishing up the last run of parts for Steve and now he's asking about possibly taking on the HVAC and Plumbing fittings to sell on his website. If he's willing to take on the inventory as well that's OK with me. [GRIN] I'd have to manufacture them either way.

Take care in the SNOWY Train Yard and be SAFE. Everyone have a fun day.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
8121 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  08:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2" of snow on the ground and covering the ice on the driveway this morning. We might get some rain on top of it, and then it turns cold tonight and particularly tomorrow.

I'm traveling this evening to attend a friend's retirement lunch in Northern VA tomorrow. We worked closely together on multiple projects over almost 20 years. It's a good use for those frequent flier miles I racked up on those projects.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15596 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  08:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to be a wet day in Tidewater Virginia. We're well above freezing, so we can deal with it.

I spent some time on my challenge project last night. Well, most of the time was waiting for glue to dry and paint to dry. I guess that's progress. More of the same today.

Have a good day.
George

Go to Top of Page

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

USA
3069 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  08:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew itís snowing in the Cleveland area but the streets arnít To bad going to the Cleveland clinic in a bit Lucy needs some tests then back home. Been working on the kitchen island so we can get the tops on soon, next all the doors donít know if I will spray or roll the color on. Time to get going and wake up the better half and get on the road see you all later. Tom
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32079 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 30 degrees and snowing right now in S.E. Michigan. It should continue snowing thru the morning.

Our oldest grandson and his family are still with us thru Saturday morning, so family time is trumping modeling time.

Have a great day!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
15228 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and Crew. It's a 38 degrees here in Portsmouth, RI with a light rain.
I'll try and get some more modeling in today. Seems like another good day for that kind of stuff.
Every one have a great and safe day ahead of you. And, I'll see you on the forum.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7075 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  09:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

It's a balmy 13, feels like-4, and headed all the way to 13 here in the northern mitten this morning. Started snowing and blowing before last night's Op Session ended, so we had a fifty mile drive home in the Designated Winter Reminder. Might have three inches or so of new from this fiasco out there right now, but it's hard to tell the way it's blowing. Drifted in here, bare ground there.... [:-boggled] [:-cold]

Good day to stay indoors.... This stuff is still arriving sideways and uphill....

Bills to pay, e-mail issues to figure out, as they weren't there last night, and so on. Whoopee. [:-party]

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6258 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  09:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew. Our school was delay 2 hr. so we all went out and cleared the long driveway of 2-3" of wet snow. It's well above freezing now, but Friday and Saturday are forecast to stay below freezing all day - I should burn some wood as I don't know how many more chances I'll get.

Yesterday I had a pleasant and productive visit from B&M author R.W. Jones. He's working on several passenger modeling projects that parallel things I've done and we exchanged a lot of historical information. Today I'll get back to the semi-circular staircases after I remove the plow bank with the tractor's bucket.
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7075 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  10:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A visit from R. W. Jones??? Wow! [:-bigeyes]

That's an honor! [:-thumbu]

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3486 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the frozen tundra. It is 8f degrees with a real feel of -14 and this is the warm part of the next few days. It looks like 3Ē of white stuff fell overnight and needs to be removed from the driveway. Many weeks ago I ordered stage skirting for the layout and it finally arrived yesterday. At the time we figured per the real estate lady that the house would take 18- 24 months to sell, it took 6. I think I may put some of the skirting up just to see how it looks. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
8121 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  10:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, James, I wish I knew about that visit. I would have brought some of his books to sign... :-)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7075 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  10:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Gee, James, I wish I knew about that visit. I would have brought some of his books to sign... :-)

dave

And if he had given us notice a week or two ago, I might have brought some of mine!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6258 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  11:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, he only called me Monday and we'd never met. He's active in the North Shore Club; one of my TMRC friends there gave him my number and told him to get in touch about some B&M passenger equipment questions. I didn't even ask him to sign my own copies of his books...

Now I need to see if I can come up with a resource or two for the BAR 150-series buffet-coaches.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000