Tuesday Morning Lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32064 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where we have temps in the mid-20ís under grey skies. Cookie has a basket of fresh oranges that somehow made its way from the Tropicana Reefer to our crew lounge. There is also a big pot of Stone Cut Oatmeal with Brown Sugar, and some Paczkis that showed up a bit early in the season. Coffee is our Arch Bar Blend.

Yesterday was spent playing with our Great Granddaughter. It is fun to see the great pleasure a little munchkin can get from someone tickling her belly.

I did spend some time making a list of structures that I will need to build for the new layout, and those that I can use from the old layout.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7933 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  07:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 29 F here in the Crossroads. Now we have predictions of heavy snow coming. Oh, wonderful.

Mary has an early morning appointment at rehab. They are trying, big emphasis on "trying", to reverse the problems in her legs from that dang shot she received back last August. Doctors still dancing around it saying that the shot couldn't cause all these issues but everything the claim it to be turns out false.

Busy this week trying to finish up the big order from Steve down at Rail Scale Models. Always something to do.

We picked up a new friend in Mexico at Church Sunday. Actually it's through a charity group called "Unbound.org" to help those in need in other countries. Eduardo is 59 and has epilepsy and in a wheel chair. They just need a little extra to survive so we volunteered. We'll write back and forth a couple of times a year. Should be fun.
Visiting priest from this organization, Fr. Gillespie, yep, same last name, was there to promote the charity. Had some fun with him after Mass about us having the same last name and if I had taken my usual position as Communion Minister it would be two Gillespie's side by side. [{:)]

Well, time for breakfast, an English muffin and coffee to kick start the day. Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10821 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  07:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another grey day in MI with forecasts for a little peak of something yellowish in the sky sometime today and cold with wind. Accumulating snow tomorrow thru the night to Thurs, cold then another wrm up. TV showed the Grand Haven, W shore of the state, with no ice. Last year there was over 50% ice at this time. OK by me.

OPS at Keeney's went well, I managed to run 3 local trains, one on paper only as the yard had nothingto go. Two were jobs that took a fair bit of time, and thought. I enjoy those.

Today, not sure. I may decal the memorial loco or work on something else on the bench. Or maybe a day out and about with the Doll, we've not consulted yet.

Everyone have a good, dry, warm day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15580 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Bruce, Walt and crew. It's a wet day in Tidewater Virginia.

We're taking Pat's van to get it inspected this morning followed by a few errands. I'm going to spend some time at the workbench this afternoon working on my challenge project and planning a new project. I keep changing my drawings as I think of things I forgot. I need to make a mockup.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6251 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is overcast and just above freezing today, with a little rain/sleet likely this afternoon. I built 3 of Tichy's baggage wagons yesterday afternoon, but I have a bunch of non-model work before I can go back and paint them. They included a template for the wire rear axle braces, but then shrank it to fit on the instruction sheet. So I fiddled a prototype till it fit, then saved it for the last of the ten (probably not this year).
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  09:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, thanks for opening Bruce. Still winter here. I went to our Division meeting last night, and a new member came. Quite an interesting guy, who has been in the hobby for 40+ years and said the "NMRA has been on my bucket list" for a while. This guy has enjoyed the hobby in relative obscurity. He has a 35' X 20' layout, 700+ freight cars, 100+ passenger cars, 125+ engines, and nobody knew him. Wonder how many more folks like this are out there. The meeting was a planning session for our 2021 Regional Convention, and the 'new guy' was excited about being part of the group. The meeting was very productive as we started nailing down some prototype tours (that our last Regional Convention still has yet to be out done),layout tours, clinics, and the addition of a swap meet in the same venue. We've kept convention prices at the 2015 level, and arranged some extremely reasonable room rates at the host location. All in all, we could pull this off this year, but will have to wait until 2021.

This afternoon I'm heading over to my scenery project, snow is in the forecast. [:-yuck]

Have a Super day!
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
15206 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  09:30:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce and crew, it's a 43 degrees with a light rain today, still halfway decent weather for us.
I'm trying to get my steam back on building my blacksmith car. I guess I hit a low for a bit. Looked at the spider webs on the layout I need to get to after a locomotive came out of a tunnel bring with it a load of webs and a happy rider. Not so happy now!
I hope everyone has a great, and safe day ahead of you. See you all on the RR-Line Forum.
Bruce, you enjoy the time spent with the little one. They grow fast as you know. One minute I had two grand kids, I turned around and now I have two Great grand kids. Time travel!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3473 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  09:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Bruce thanks for getting us going. Grandkids or I can image great grandkids are great. So easy to spoil and enjoy and then they go back to their parents.

So. Wisconsin weather is dreary, damp and 24 now heading to a high of 29. But Arctic cold is coming, Thursday starts a period of sub zero wind chills and Friday the regular temp will be dropping below zero, just canít wait for that! I have been cleaning out all the train bins and selling things off. I cannot believe, and happily so, what people buy. When I got married in 1976 my in laws for Christmas purchased train items for me. Nothing I would use but for years they kept buying. Finally last week I put some old but still in the plastic wrap AHM kits and Tyco structure kits for sale and within hours they were gone. Yesterday, I found a new in the box MRC Command 2000 DCC system including the walk around throttle and a Athearn F7 decoder equipped locomotive. I know, how do you forget you had that, but I did. Anyway, basically for shipping costs I had over 25 offers to buy it. 1st guy got it as he messaged within like really 3 minutes.

Movie day for us but I cannot remember what we are seeing!

Jim, I think there are many unknown modelers like your new member. With the loss of the LHS there really is no gathering place for modelers except for NMRA events.

Enjoy the day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/11/2020 09:56:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
8117 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  10:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Primary day here in NH. I'll go vote after geology class....

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7063 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  10:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

28, headed for 29 under the grey blanket here in the northern mitten, but nothing dripping out of the sky for a bit. Or so "they" say....

Dave's idea about going in to vote today is a Good One. I have an absentee ballot in front of me, so I shall plan on some Quality Time in the Township Clerk's office this afternoon.

Walt... best wishes to you both. Remember the Sherlock Holmes observation to the effect that when you have exhausted all other alternatives, the one remaining, regardless of how improbable it may sound, is the truth. Hope things get figured out quickly.

Bruce, enjoy the great-grand time you have! As we all know, Tempus Fugit!

Make it a great day, all, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

smason2
Fireman

2975 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  12:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning (afternoon) guys.I feel like I'm living in San Francisco with the rain and fog. Supposed to remain un-New England-like this week, but no complaints here.

I hope you have a great day.

Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000