Breckfast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

USA
3069 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  06:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all I got up early and came down even though I canít cook but I can make coffee (all sailors can) and clean up a little last one out didnít. We got rain on itís way but warm so the rain will melt. Going down and maybe do some dri wall this then maybe some electrical. See you all later. Tom

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6251 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  07:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. The NH seacoast is near freezing and raining off and on. I don't have time to cook, but I'll lay out some fruit, sourdough bread, jelly and peanut butter. And I'll put the kettle on, but set the burner low so the bottom doesn't burn out before anyone wants tea or coffee.

Today more work on my urban station platform scene; railings, signage and baggage wagons at least.
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  08:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom, thanks for putting on the coffee. I hit the drive through on the way in, and got a sack of Arby's breakfast sandwiches. Snowed yesterday, but overnight rain just about washed it away. Tonight is our Division meeting.

I worked on detail parts most of yesterday for the scenery projects I've committed too. One of them is a fairly large yard, A lot of 'junk' to produce.

That's about it, until I head to the shop and see what trouble I can make for myself.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10821 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  08:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a good heavy wet 3 in of snow yesterday from noon to about 8 pm or so. As garbage pickup is this morning I went out and cleared off the drive, after verifying the storm had moved along. It's a lot easier to haul the trash cart to the road when the driveway is clear, for sure. Low 30s and a peek of sun today may finish off what residue might be left.

I worked much of the day on the Tennessee Central switcher I'm doing and ran out of time with cooking dinner and the driveway cleanup. I'd hoped to have it ready to roll for today's ops session at Andy K's but may take it along to show where I'm at with it. I printed out a set of decals and sprayed them late in the afternoon and feel a good overnight will set the sealer spray better than rushing.

Well, off to OPS. Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15580 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  08:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. I'm making a trip to the dump this morning. The winds we had last week brought down a lot of branches. I also cut down some stuff we didn't like, so I have a second load sitting out back.

Later today, I plan to spend some time with my challenge project. I'm also making some drawings and plan to make a mockup for something I've been thinking about for a while. On top of that, I'm finishing up a little detail project for the club layout. I think I need to stay focused.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32064 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  08:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where it is 31 degrees and cloudy. We ended up with about another inch of snow late yesterday.

We have a house full of company, so no modeling this week. It is hard to model with 7 month old Aubrey on my lap.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3473 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  09:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from severely clear cold So. Wisconsin where it is 10f degrees. Thanks Tom for opening the door. Jim, I was unaware Arbyís did breakfast. The WGFA yesterday produced a lot more then the 4-6Ē predicted and at least by me there was 8+. All removed by the green goat as I was worried yesterday afternoon the predicted rain/drizzle would freeze everything, thankfully that mixture never showed up. This movie goer and his wife thankfully do not try to make a living betting on the Oscars. Just a couple winning picks, Dern and Pitt, out of all those choices. No way IMO was Parasite the Best movie. I turned it off after Pitts acceptance speech. Watched hockey instead. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7063 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  09:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

30, headed to 33 and (surprise!) grey here in the northern mitten this fine Monday. The WGFA machine has moved off to the east, leaving around eight inches of "stuff" to clean up, but there are hints of blue in the blanket, so....

Monday is Admin Day here, so I'll deal with all of the stuff that's piled up over the weekend and see where I can go from there. Four articles to write, so I need the Idea Machine wound up, too.... [:-bigeyes2]

But first I need to go get things set for the plow guy....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

We had a good heavy wet 3 in of snow yesterday from noon to about 8 pm or so. As garbage pickup is this morning I went out and cleared off the drive, after verifying the storm had moved along. It's a lot easier to haul the trash cart to the road when the driveway is clear, for sure.

Amen! I've got about 600' of driveway to drag that trash container uphill! [:-censored]

Jim
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Jim, I was unaware Arbyís did breakfast.
TomO

Maybe it hasn't reached Wisconsin yet. They went National with it in 2016. [:-chef]

Jim
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3473 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad Karl mentioned garbage Monday and why he cleared the driveway. I forgot today was garbage day so I took mine out after my note this morning. Itís a nice up and down walk of about 1000í. Put it outside the gate and realized it is also recycling Monday, very other Monday. I took the green goat and pulled the recycling bin down to the road. Thanks Karl and now I see Jim also has a long driveway. My farmer neighbors think in their words I have a ďsissyĒ driveway. 1/2 mile the driveway should be or you are too close to the road! Less then a 1/4 mile is plenty.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

smason2
Fireman

2975 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning guys. The weather sucks here too. No snow though. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's highly unusual to get to this point in the winter in New England and not have, or have had snow on the ground. I'm going to Vermont in two weeks. It's a different story up there.

Have a great day!

Scott
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10821 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  6:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Amen! I've got about 600' of driveway to drag that trash container uphill! [:-censored]

Jim

Both ways....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/10/2020 10:17:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: