Monday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4878 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  09:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from black and white N.E.Indiana. A light dusting of snow lays on top of the picnic table, and the ground is saturated. [:-yuck] We better drink som of this Ashpit blend coffee to stay in 'touch' with the day.

The special is a short stack and scrambled eggs on the side, Canadian bacon too, or as our Canadian friends call it....bacon. Non-standard drinks available too.

Yesterday's op session was good, but crowded. 25 people in the basement is a bit much. Tonight is our Division meeting where Im putting on a clinic, and we'll be doing model evaluations for one of the members.

That's it from here.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

USA
3342 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  09:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and incoming Crew. Our storm of the decade fizzled out and we may have received 4” of the 12-18” predicted. The driveway needs to be sanded from the rain/white mix we received Friday night. After the outside stuff is done I will be in the cave. I was given some ideas by my visitors last week as to how to improve the layout and I will be looking carefully today if I want to make them. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6960 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' Jim and Crew!

25 and snow showery here in the northern mitten, dark grey blanket ruling over all. Snow arriving outside looks like a "wintry mix," with liquid tossed in just because, but until I actually go out in it I'm not gonna really know.

Brekkies sounds elegantly appropriate, so thanks!

Bad news in town yesterday... the local "Good" bookstore is closing up shop within the next few months. Owner is 90 and wants to retire. Place has been a fixture in town for decades, and it's staffed by people who like books, as opposed to people who have jobs. Enormous difference, and a blow to downtown. [:-cry]

And with that, I suppose I should get ready for the plow guy, who is likely to show up early and want my car out of his way. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31797 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  09:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 30 degrees right now in S.E. Michigan. We will have three days where it gets above freezing, so maybe most of the sleet/ice on the driveway will melt before we get cold again at the end of the week.

We often get 'update pictures' of great granddaughter Aubrey while we are having breakfast . Today's update shows that she has learned another life skill. Actually, I think they asked her if she would like to watch one of Great Grandpa Bruce's YouTube videos on modeling, and that was her response.

More NMRA work and time at the modeling bench are on the agenda today.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6134 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  10:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is seeing light snow just now, which I hope doesn't interfere with my wife's trip to get her NH driver's license and shop for food. I'm home with bills to pay, but then the rest of the day can be hobby time.
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7912 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  11:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. It was cool this morning but warmed to 40f and overcast. Nothing special with the weather.

Just got back in from the Orth doctor. Mary seems to have a fracture lower bone in her left leg. She has a temp cast on the leg for now. We feel it came from dropping out of that dang large Dodge pickup they rented us in Arizona. She does have bone issues and been put on special meds and vitamins to try and build the bones back up. Always something it seems.

Cute granddaughter Bruce. She's getting a good attitude about things around her it seems.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
8022 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  12:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about Mary, hope she heals quickly. (Bad bones runs in my wife's family, unfortunately.) Bruce, good to see the next generation start to express their opinions.

Today's accomplishment was finding my way back to the hotel without getting lost. Of course, the guide we had today here made a special point to teach me landmarks on the route he recommended. We're here another 2 nights, tomorrow I'm taking a cooking lesson.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10687 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  2:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce the babes just commenting on the weather. Light snow and ice here.

I’m mid ops session at Keeney’s waiting with a transfer from Gresham to get into Ribo. Sort of like Ohare was Sat night. They had a ton of traffic in racetracks 2-4 laps then diverting to alternates. Saw a big one 11 hrs in to a flight from Poland set down around Grand Rapids and divert to Toronto.

A bit warmer later this week and some slow melting we hope. Lots of flooding around that needs slow relief.

Just waived into yard limits, later

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000