Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5438 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  06:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from N.E.Indiana where it is 31 and clear heading toward 48 and cloudy later. I started the silver bullet with Prototype blend as I'm heading out early to make sure the oil heaters on the Santa train diesel were plugged back in last night. There is an egg, cheese, potato, and bacon bits casserole in the oven.

Coveralls on, engineer's hat, and a smile on my face.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

tloc
Fireman

USA
3824 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim have fun in the engine, keep it on the rails!

So. Wisconsin is 34f degrees now heading to 44. A good day for outdoor last minute stuff since the white stuff has disappeared. We have the first official grandson hockey game at 10:30 this morning, then we will take them out to lunch. Wherever he wants to go. This is a travel game for Brooks and if he plays through high school the first of countless road trips. I did it with 2 players as botH the son and daughter played and Kait played in college for 2 years. We did a lot of traveling back then as a family and enjoyed it. Lots of different hotels.

At the Hockey game last night the UW Women, ranked #1 again played great and won a exciting game. On the scoreboard they were showing live look inís to the Big Ten Championship Football game. It was a great 1st 1/2 as 21-7 UW was up. Last points they scored as I checked ESPN at midnight and UW lost to Ohio State 34-21. Have a great day and hope all the ailments are better.

TomO

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32546 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  08:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Tom and the rest of the crew. We have similar temps here in S.E. Michigan under mostly cloudy skies.

I think that we have a day off from Christmas Shopping and will finish it up tomorrow. We need to get our packages shipped later this week.

Have a great day!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
16061 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  08:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to be in the upper 40's here in Pittsburgh. After breakfast, we're going to the Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum. I've been there before, they have a fantastic layout and I'm looking forward to the visit.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
11247 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mid 40s and breezy are on tap for today, a bit of hazy sun early. Rain tomorrow and a drop into single digits at times mid week.

I'm about ready to gt some breakfast around, probably oat slurry. Not sure beyond that.

I managed to upgrade RS-36 #3 yesterday and have one to do. I need to work on the bodies for the paint shop, the grabirons are all installed and I mostly have to make a drilling template and put horns on the cab roofs. Then paint.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7269 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  11:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Same-O, Same-O here in the northern mitten today. Grey blanket, mid-thirties to maybe mid-forties, rain later and tomorrow, and then things tank. Details from Karl, as I'm not ready to write that kind of thing just yet. Calm before the storm, as it were....

Might be able to sneak some bench time today, and I'm looking forward to that.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000