Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4834 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  07:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all on this Day of Remembrance. December 7th, 1941. "A day which will live in infamy". A little before my time, but some of us lived through it...many did not.

The silver bullet is READY with G.I. Joe today. All-American breakfast is the special.

Nothing happening on the modeling front this morning.

Have a Super day!

Jim

George D

USA
15354 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  08:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. I've visited the Arizona Memorial this past fall. It's a very moving experience.

We're in Pittsburgh doing family things this weekend. We saw snow on the ground while driving through the mountains, yesterday. I can now say I've seen snow this year.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7903 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  08:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, George and the rest of the RR-L Crew. This COLD December morning. 29f outside and I'll stay inside thank you.

Nothing important happening which is good. Nice quiet day I hope.

Everyone have a nice warm day in the Frozen Train yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7967 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 8" on the ground here in SE NH, we got another inch or two last night (as we were driving into Boston...) Sunny but cool, high today 31.

Here's wishing a boring day to Walt and Mary :-) (add) And a happy anniversary to Bruce and Bonnie!

Today's tasks include Christmas prep (buying and installing a tree) and probably working on the foundation piece from Wichendon Machine.

UPS has been 'jerking me around' a bit. Apparently the package arrived in Dover Wed night. But they failed to deliver as promised Thursday or Friday, blaming 'the weather'. My guess is the driver timed out, even before Christmas the UPS drivers here were working 12 hour days. The UPS depot is about a mile from my house, I'd be happy to go pick the packages up if that helped. (2 of the packages are the Rockler t-track table and associated parts that John Siekirk raves about, bought with some early Christmas sales coupons.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 12/07/2019 10:32:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6896 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  09:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

25, headed for 37, grey blanket, no wind and so on here in the northern mitten. In other words, rinse and repeat....

George, did they let you land on the Memorial? When I was stationed out there in the 'seventies there were two tours: the Navy tour landed on the Memorial, the commercial one did not. I understand that things may have changed.... Landing on the Memorial is, as you noted, a very moving experience. Every time....

In other news, there are rumors that Bruce is at the North Pole busily helping Santa get things ready to go for Christmas. I'm not sure about the wifi up there.... [:-boggled] [;-xmas]

Remember Pearl Harbor.... May Peace prevail throughout the world.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe.

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31577 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  10:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is overcast and in the mid-20's here in S.E. Michigan.

51 years ago today Bonnie and I tied the knot. We must have tied it fairly well, too, as it remains firmly in place.

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. We've been up early and out Christmas Shopping which puts me off my usual schedule and I haven't been on the computer much.

Now we are off for - wait for it - more Christmas Shopping.[;-xmas]

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3264 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  10:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from cloud covered So. Wisconsin where yesterday was a great looking day, today, not so much. Thanks Jim for opening the day, hope the cold is better, George, Yesterday as we traveled the usually snow covered Wisconsin countryside, Terry says”I could live without snow”. We had record achieving snowfalls in November that were then washed away by the rains and warmth of climate change.

Other than a hockey game on the UW campus tonight, no formalized plans. Terry is back From the horses and green house trips and after her shower will have probably made some untold plans. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Edit: Congrats to Bonnie and Bruce. That’s a lot of years of happiness. I have been told what my plans for the day are, clean, as after the hockey came at least 10 couples are coming to the house. When I asked how many she invited she said the whole section last night. Somehow I missed all that last night. She said she handed out the invites before the game!
Karl, you need a generator.

Edited by - tloc on 12/07/2019 11:44:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6896 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  10:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BONNIE AND BRUCE! [:-party] [:-party] [:-party][:-party][:-party]

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10594 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pearl Harbor Remembrances today...

Happy Anniversary, Bruce and Bonnie Maybe dinner out?, Dutch treat....

I had a low production day but did manage to finish the other half of the chassis upgrade on one of the RS-36s, 2 down 2 to go.

Last evening we joined a pair of other couples for a delicious dinner and evening of friendship.

I'd already gone to bed and was asleep when the Doll came in shining a light in my eyes mouthing something I couldn't figure, my "ears" stay in a box at night, until she managed to communicate that the lights were out. I was warm and toasty and wasn't that concerned, but she was distressed, dressed in a hooded sweat shirt and covered the bed with a quilt about 6 1/2inches thick. I quickly went back to sleep. When I got up, as most of us do around 3, sweating like a race horse, I checked my phone and saw some mention in an text of a car/pole accident...climbed back into the mound and returned to Z-dom...just about 5 the lights came on and rest continued. I slept past sunup but well, that is a misnomer as, again and again, the sky is indeed brighter than overnight but there is no sun, again. 29 degrees at 10:50a

Back to the workbench maybe, no orders to the contrary so far.

Everyone have a good day, safe and warm.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/07/2019 11:00:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11858 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BRUCE & BONNIE

Have a wonderful day. Oh your out Christmas shopping. Well make the most of it Bruce.
And have a wonderful evening!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4834 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  6:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Bruce, and his child bride Bonnie. Only 24 more to that Diamond Jubilee!

Jim and Donna
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15354 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  7:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY AANNIVERSARY, BONNIE AND BRUCE!

Pete, the Arizona Memorial has reopened. That was our third visit and each one was very special.

Georg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000