Friday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4820 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  08:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from N.E. Indiana, where it is cloudy but nary a snowflake on the ground. Supposed to reach high 40's today. The silver bullet is READY with Caboose Stove blend. The special is Chicken & Waffles, we haven't had that one in at least 6 months. The oatmeal pot is gurgling over here too. All other drinks are available.

This head cold has me in a funk, and can't focus on one project. I'm hoping it doesn't bug me to where I can't do my Sunday train assignment. So it is keeping me low key and indoors. I am enjoying Bernd's brick making antics. Very clever!

Nothing on the bench right now.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7894 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  08:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Yes, supposed to be a warm weekend in Indiana.

Your comment on the "Silver Bullet" caught my eye as I have a Silver Bullet Pro die cutter, new, that I want to sell. Anyone interested contact me, lots of extras with it. I'm switching directions a bit and don't have need for it or the Photon S 3D printer. Also new and still in the packaging.

I'll have tea and Oatmeal with the same coffee and Vootman wafers later this morning. Did a bit of clean up and replaced a glass part in my old Form 2 3D printer and it's churning out like a new machine.

I'm in my 3rd month fighting a head cold so I know your feeling. Been to the clinic here twice and once in Arizona. Now Mary is starting in on her third round with it. Not good at our age.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the WARM Train yard.
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10572 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  09:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little bit of orange[:-hot] in the sky this morning, the weather cutie says some more later in the day and, for Michigan, milder temps for 2-3 days until a big chill [:-cold]mid week.

I think a sinus/head something is what's triggered by latest 2 months of vertigo[:-spin] issues, sure has effected my hearing at times. Been to the Doc twice with marginal success. The flu apparently has so many kids sick at the grandson's school they've closed for a couple days. My brother has gone home from the hospital already and sounded well when we exchanged brief messages yesterday.

I've been working on a master for some decals for my RS-36 project and am well into the fleet upgrade project. Today I may paint some. I've been doing well with since I started using Tamiya paint in my airbrush.

Everyone have a good day, stay well, warm and dry. It looks like while not highly sunny, it is remaining a bit brighter this morning so far.[:-idea][:-sonar]

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/06/2019 09:18:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3237 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  09:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the severely clear So. Wisconsin. I guess the bright light in the sky is not a UFO but the sun...please keep your colds east of here. I get one and they are so miserable, just rest up, lots of fluids and pay my forthcoming bill in 30 days, I do not accept any insurance.

A Proton new in the box? Just say no Tom, just say no. That should sell pretty easily Walt.

Karl, is there any one thing that sets the vertigo off? I have had it once and that was worst then be drunk. Good luck.

Jim, health first, that train will still run.

I am bone tired and the not being able to sleep past 3AM is getting annoying. I have no additional health or financial issues, I have solved all the world problems, so I donít get it. 11:30 to 3 or 4 is just not enough sleep for me. Oh well at least I can write about it.

I have taken another break from my Paper Mill and I am experimenting with an area for the Dead Season scenery. I like seeing modeled scenes of early winter with no leaves in the trees and just a touch of snow between the trees on the ground. Itís a 6Ēx 92Ē area of removable bench work to get at the water softener and it is the bridge to one of the basically not used staging yards. If I donít enjoy it, easily stripped down. Enjoy your day.

Tom

Edited by - tloc on 12/06/2019 09:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6887 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

33, headed for 33 under the very grey blanket here in the northern mitten today. At least the roads appear to be clear and the blanket is not leaking at the moment. Gale watches are up for today and tonight around here, so I suppose I should not go out in the boat today. Oh... wait... I no longer own a boat.... [:-bigeyes2]

Good day to hunker in the bunker, though, and since I apparently did something to a shoulder, that sounds like a plan. PT for the ankle this afternoon will cause a road trip, though, so there we are. This slowly coming apart stuff is becoming tiresome. [:-irked]

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10572 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  1:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son just called, he's just become a lifelong fan of the cable barriers on the medians of area expressways...while on his way to work this morning he was where the Sheriff's vehicle is in the photo in this link when the truck hit it, parts hit his car....

https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/traffic-advisory-delays-on-i-96-and-i-496/

Telling the Doll she asked me what cables?

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4820 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  1:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geez! Lucky! Looks like a cheap underwear moment.
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6075 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The NH seacoast had 20F and some sun this morning, now snowing lightly into early evening. Today has been all Layout Tours for the 2020 NER convention, but now I'll take a break for some airbrushing. Tomorrow and Sunday are the New England Model Train Expo in Marlborough, MA and I'm on duty both days. Maybe I'll see something to buy, maybe I'll sell some surplus stuff.
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3237 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  5:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, glad the son is fine. Told Terry, same thing what cables?

Tom
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11838 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  8:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is Bruce????

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000