Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4824 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  08:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from moderate, overcast, and colorless N.E. Indiana. The trees are leafless, the crops have all been picked, boring.

The silver bullet is READY with Pullman Porter blend. The special is a short stack and sausage patties, Oatmeal, and Lucky Charms. All other beverages are ready.

I picked up a super head cold somewhere, and was up most of the night hacking away. At least I was able to able to sit down and do a little drawing of a three track overhead signal for a friends HO layout. He's got a modern day layout and wants those Darth Vader signal heads. So, I'm helping him out with that.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

USA
3245 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  08:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and inbound Crews. Good luck with that cold. Oatmeal will be fine this morning. The normal nothing scheduled today other the the 9AM fitness center. I will be online later as I need to buy Terryís presents. I used to love this but no longer as itís a struggle to buy for her. I have never purchased clothes other then 1 coat and she has so much jewelry she doesnít wear, so why bother. Iíll figure it out but the real joy of looking in stores is gone as are the stores. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10579 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  09:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another ditto day here, SOS, 33 and quiet after lots of wind yesterday. I just watched to weather report and it pretty much confirms the Groundhog Day effect is still going. WGFA for Pete and the Upper Peninsula. Pretty much status quo inside where Iíll be again.

Breakfast is a cyber joy today, thanks, Jim. Cheerios in the real world.

I spent much of the day working on the 2nd RS-36, writing down and photographing with the iPhone what I do. Iím about halfway through. Back at that later.

Half the family is on sick call this week. My vertigo zapped me Sunday, the son in law ~40 went in the hospital with lower GI and heart issues, my older son went home from work sick Monday, Tuesday my ĎlittleĒ brother had surgery on a cancerous kidney and a grandson came down with, the clinic says, the flu. Spoke via text w/brother this am and heís going home today and says heís without pain from a kidney stone they removed with the kidney for the first time in weeks and after some home territory rest will be feeling fairly good. Son-in-law went home but will have GI surgery before long. Son is back to work. Iíll be back at the bench today. I worry about the Doll as she got up and went to town 2 days this week to get the grandson off to school reported he was coming down with something.

On the positive side, there is a faint, almost imaginary, tint of blue in the greyness above. Or is there? Nope. Just another of Mother Natureís little jokes.

Time to get moving, hopefully things will be quiet today. Everybody have a great day. Spoke with brother and heís heading home.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/05/2019 12:47:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15334 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Tom and crew. I'm taking a break from trying to figure out why a string of lights aren't working.[:-banghead] We have an artificial, decorated and lit tree. A couple lights were out when we put it up and I simply replaced them, but this string isn't supposed to be out, only individual bulbs. I need a cup of that Pullman Porter blend!

Tom, Pat and I quit buying each other Christmas presents years ago. It's too difficult to shop when you don't really need anything. We play a crazy $20 limit gift exchange game at the family gathering that's a lot of fun. Last year I ended up with a miniature drone that I still can't fly.

Have a good day.
George

Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7961 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  10:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, sounds like a fuse.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4824 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Dave. George break out the VOM.
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6893 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  11:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Monochromatic grey and chilly over the white blanket here in the northern mitten today. No wind, which may be beneficial, and the roads now seem to have melted off, which is good.

Progress, albeit slow, is happening on the ankle/foot recovery, and today marks Week Fifteen in my eight-to-twelve week recovery process from the August surgery. Thrill a minute around here.... [:-party]

And I have bills to pay, so I should get at that before I go break out the paint brushes to begin restoring the dings on the station build. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6083 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  3:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The sun and 40-ish morning has been obscured by clouds as sunset approaches. The weather guessers give us a chance of snow tomorrow afternoon, but the forecast for Sat. and Sun. looks favorable for our NEMTE show in Marlborough. I picked up nitrogen for my airbrush, and my wife has masked her building parts for a second color, so time to get at it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000