Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4824 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  06:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from clear and chilly N.E. Indiana where we dodged the WGFH yet again. Our total snowfall has been .1" for the season. I'm OK with that. The coffee urn is READY with Railbender blend. Hot Chocolate is also at the beverage bar this morning. The special is #1. Karl's grits on the side. Walt's oatmeal too.

I got my upcoming schedule for the next 3 weeks of driving the 'Santa Train' at the FWRRHS. It'll be pretty busy. All 3 weeks are sold out.

Modeling will be severely curtailed. So I'm hesitant to start a new project.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Bernd
Fireman

USA
3382 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  08:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and incoming crew. A second cup of coffee for me.

Haven't figured out what I'm doing today.

Have a great day everybody.

Bernd
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10579 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  08:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The grey dull repeat is temporarily broken. I see a bit of color on the trees here on the West side of the house* Temp 35 a minute ago.

Skipping breakfast, hoping to get at the work bench for a bit today. I did a slight bit of cleanup so I can find it.

No big plans.

*BAM!!! that sucker hole closed so fast it made my head spin....[:-spin]...naw thatís just itís default state these days...[:-propeller]. as is dull-grey-clouds, according to tv weather this morning 1 day of the last 10 had 2% of possible sun, 2 had 1% and the rest had 0% of possible sun. [:-crazy] weíve pretty much had nothing but clouds since Oct. 29.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/04/2019 10:17:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3246 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  08:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Bernd, Karl and incoming Crew. I am still having issues sleeping and hoping it is just a phase. I donít mind the 15-20minute nap around 2PM but a deep sleep then doesnít help. Other then the fitness center with Terry at 9 and the grandkids at 3 my day is open. Enjoy yours.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

USA
3040 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, the weather man says lake affect snow on itís way later around lunch so if iím Going outside now,s the time. Been down the basement painting kitchen cabs boy she has a lot of them the big units are being built next door at my sons house hope to get them in soon so we can start cooking soon. See you all later. Tom
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6893 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  10:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

It's 34, headed all the way to 35 or so under the grey blanket here in the northern mitten, but with the possibility of rain or snow showers, lake effect, more grey, snow here and there and... bleah!

Karl, welcome to My world! [:-party] You want to model this area in the winter time, go sneak on to a Navy base and hijack some grey paint and some white paint. You'll be in business. Spray everything that's flat with the white, run it up the sides of some vertical structures, trees, etc., then spray the rest of everything in the room, including the lights, with the grey. You'll nail it! [:-party]

Jim, the upcoming schedule sounds to me like you're having way too much fun! Enjoy!

PT this afternoon will probably do a number on me, but hopefully it will be a Good Thing. Make it a great day, All, and sty safe!

Pete
in Michigan

[edits]:
* grammar police
** I did a backdrop for a friend's four foot long circa 1910 ice-harvesting module awhile back using a rattle can of dark grey primer in one hand and a rattle can of white in the other. Wound up with what looked like an incoming snow squall, dropped the temperature around the module by about forty degrees and got a lot of compliments. Whole process took about ten minutes, including setup and cleanup. [:-cold]

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 12/04/2019 10:37:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000