Monday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4821 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all! I've been dragging my feet looking over several ongoing projects. The coffee urn flashed READY about an hour ago. The French toast will have to be put into the microwave to get heated back up. The bacon was crisp enough that reheating is a bad idea. Looks like lollygagging before breakfast has busted the routine.

I spent most of yesterday playing with a new tool. A biscuit cutter, at least new to me. I'm building some new bookcases for the living room rebuild. Pretty clever tool, that somehow past me by.

This morning I'm running over to ACE Hardware to get some pipe for the pipeclamps. Non of the bigbox Lowes, Home Depot, etc. train their folks on how to cut anything like plywood, pipe, wire, etc. so you get to buy excess material. Boo, hiss!

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7895 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this cold Monday morning. Had my oatmeal and tea already but no time for coffee this morning.
I'm off the the MedCheck clinic at 9 as it seem I still have a lung infection of some kind. Been fighting this for 3 months. On top of that I have a herniated diaphragm from pneumonia about 5 years ago. Coughing isn't very pleasant with that added issue. It's been recommended I do nothing about it as they use that plastic mesh in the surgery and that doesn't have a good track record at all.

Planning on doing a few local train shows with a table to sell off all my excess inventory. Better than paying eBay and PayPal on them. If it works out I'll branch out and do a few more shows, maybe 4-5 a year for now.

Everyone have a Fun and SAFE day in the COLD Train Yard.
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3239 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and incoming Crew from So. Wisconsin. Dry all week and mid 30ís. Jim, thanks for breakfast and have fun with the Living Room rebuild. I was waken this morning at 5 by the local police force. Seems our gate was partially open and they could not use their access code to close it. They were checking to make sure we were ok, I think that was super. I also know they call when a garage door is open.

Well because of the gate I get to skip the fitness center as they will come out and fix it at 9. $200 cash, no checks and credit card is $225. I am off to the local gas stationís no fee ATM. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6077 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Walt, Tom and all. Last night's snow left the NH seacoast maybe 8" of snow. But variegated precipitation will continue till tomorrow afternoon so I should see how the new tractor moves snow before it gets rained on.

Then back to the layout, with stepson for company as they punted this school day before 10PM yesterday,
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4821 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Well because of the gate I get to skip the fitness center as they will come out and fix it at 9. $200 cash, no checks and credit card is $225. I am off to the local gas stationís no fee ATM. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Tom,

Better stop off at the doughnut shop and drop a dozen off at the local PD.

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 12/02/2019 08:47:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15328 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  08:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Another wet day in Tidewater Virginia. I have some errands to run this morning and then my bench time will be spent repairing some freight cars. I've decided I need to go over my rolling stock before I think about doing anything new.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10575 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  09:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dull, grey, repeat....sunís forecast but only some and so far...

Good for your PD, Jim. One of the little things that is good to see. Itís been a rough week for the boys in blue in MI, one killed and 7 shot in different parts of the state. I thank them for their sacrifices and thank God daily that Iím not doing that any more. Wasnít much for doughnuts. My K-9, Wrangler, loved McNuggets...ate a whole 10 piece box while I was out taking to a driver on a stop once.

I did little yesterday, todayís a different day and Iím headed to the engine house for some detail work.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7954 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  09:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you feel better, Walt!

Only 3" in my part of NH, about 15 miles north of James. We'll see what we get from Part 2 of the storm tonight.

Well, the good news is the paint that was supposed to arrive tomorrow, got delivered yesterday. The bad news is it was in the mailbox all night below freezing. I think it's OK. I'll give it a shot today, and if it's damaged from being frozen, I'll send it back to Amazon.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31508 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  09:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. Woke up to another dusting of snow and temps just around the freezing mark.

I will place a few on-line orders today, just to help boost Cyber Monday sales. After that a trip to the range will be in order.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6889 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  09:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Chilly, trending toward cold [:-cold] here in the northern mitten, but wonder of wonders!! The sky is clear and the sun is shining brightly on the northern mitten! [:-jump2] Jim's coffee, by taste test, is Ashpit Blend today, which means he's fixin' to use the grounds on the walks to remove the ice. Probably a Good Plan.

Best wishes to all on the east coast, who are looking forward to whatever leftovers we sent them form the midwest. The Major, Biggest-Snow-Event-Ever that blew through here, at least, was around five inches or so, which doesn't usually mess things up too badly. Inland was another matter, though, and the school closure list is pretty good-sized.

I have a ritual visit with the dentist today, so I'll have to be out and about on the now-white roads. Wheee.... [:-party]

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000