Friday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
5453 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  07:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from cool and dry N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Brakeman's blend today. The special is pancakes and smokie links. All other drinks are ready too.

Well, Thanksgiving is in the books, onward to Christmas. Black Friday is 'on', I guess if you like crowds, marked up -> down prices on 'stuff', it your day.[:-banghead] We're staying away!

After a cozy Thanksgiving meal yesterday, I went down to the cave and actually fired up the layout and cleaned rail, wheels, and ran a couple of trains. It's been dormant for about 3 months with all the other projects I've been wrapped up with. I'm going down there in a little while and clean, lubricate, and run some trains.

Tomorrow is an all day OP session on the Great Northern Cascade Division. I'll see if the carousel has been installed. This one of the best layouts in Northern Indiana.

Time to get the brakeline pressure up, and start rolling.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  08:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. I too have to get the brakes pumped up and tested. Sunny on the NH seacoast but cooler than Thanksgiving. I won't need much breakfast either, probably just a slice of leftover Boston Steamed Brown Bread with butter and an apple or two.
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
16073 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  09:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, James and crew. We're heading out for breakfast and then to Costco. Pat has some things she has to buy. We are having the local family members over this afternoon for pizza.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
11267 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  10:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My iPad just ate my post.........suffice to say Thanksgiving was good.

‘Bye

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
7272 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Low thirties, headed for mid-thirties under the ritual grey blanket here in the northern mitten today. No wind, and that's probably the proverbial calm before the storm, as the WWs are bellowing about WGFA arriving tomorrow afternoon and evening, just in time to mess with the tourist migration back to the downstate homes....

And so, with my head now plugged with "something," my ankle still loving the scooter/crutches routine, and a PT session scheduled in four hours, I should probably start pumping air as well, as it may take me that long to raise steam and get underway. Bleah....

Hope that Brakeman's Blend is a good morning starter, Jim! Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000